Why is our nation fascinated by the game of Cricket, I often wondered. The answer (or part of the answer) hit me today as I was watching the news. The news somewhat ran the following lines
1) Two ministers watch while a cop was bleeding to death (hacked by a ex-cop and some miscreants)
2) Shashi Taroor being chastigated for his comments on Nehru and Gandhi and he giving the usual "I was misquoted" line.
3) Deve Gowda, the former PM, using unparliamentary language against the current CM of Karnataka, Yedurappa
4) The Indian hockey team going on strike with compensation differences. So, instead of practising they will now go on strike irrespective of the world cup in February. The captain proudly (??) claims that its a unanimous decision and the entire team (for once??) agreed.
5) Racist attacks in australia and blasting the govt. of australia for what is percieved here to be a lack of action or re-action on their behalf. Did we ever think of our action in all the molestation cases against foriegners.
6) Some more muck uncovered in the Ruchika case. The 14 year old girl who was molested by the top cop who commited suicide 15 years ago.
7) India beat Sri Lanka in the league match of the Tri-Nation series to reach the finals (where they play Sri Lanka again)
Take your pick, what would you be fascinated with?
0 blog comments below