Java handsets suffer a major drawback when compared to Symbian in the field of its software application. I own a Nokia 6300 for a year now and its really a painful experience if you want some thing more from your handset. Though there are many softwares available for java handsets but with each you will experience a series of restrictions.
MTextReader is a software for reading text files, not pdf files. I prefer converting my pdfs to text due to the following reasons:
1. You cannot read pdf files with images on your handset .
2. Software for reading pdf files is not free.
MtextReader is a FREE application that can approximately read upto 330 KB text files, so I break up the text file in many parts like part 1, part 2, so on. I searched the whole internet but failed to get an application that can read text files greater than 1MB for java phones. If there application that can do so please mention it in comment section.
Features of MTextReader are:
1. An easy-to-use text file browser.
2. Bookshelf, a function similar to bookmark, allows you store your current progress and/or continue reading from previous stored progress.
3. Several built-in color schemes.
4. You can choose font sizes, encodings and languages(presently supported English and Chinese).
5. Backlight can be set to ON or auto.
6. Real time clock, you can know the time when you are reading.
7. Jump to lets you directly go to a specified part of a text.
8. Pixel-level autoscroll, speed can be adjusted .
Presently the current version available is 2.2 which includes add-on and bug fixes.
For screen shots visit http://www.tech-compass.com .
0 blog comments below