I made this work after days of trying many things:
its what im using now --> ALL HAIL LIME!!!!
1) plug in USB cable to mobile phone with cayman lime chip(free internel)
2) make sure modem drivers are installed and phone settings allow for data connection
3) create a new dial up connection in "Network Connectons" folder
4) enter *99***1# for dial number (Motorola V3 rizar)
i found in from trying to set up the connection using Mobile Phone Tools
(it does not connect though but the connection information in created was useful)
Leave password and username blank so the dialer uses the settings already stored in the phone.
5) Check the signal on the phone, and Check connection in "Phone and Modem Options", select the connection under "Modems", then click "Properties" then "Diagnosis" then "Query Modem"... wait a little and if all is good click "OK" and close the window.
6) Go to the connection you created in "Network Connectons" and double click it!
all goes well it should connect in seconds.....
(thank god its dedicated.... no disconnections --> ALL HAIL LIME!!!! ALL HAIL LIME!!!!)
<< suck for downloads though >>
Any issues just let me know :wink:
Please leave a "Thank you" 8) reply so i know it works and my hard work was helpful.
I made some tweaks to get the most out of the connection and will be happy to go through the tedious trouble of documenting them here if enough people leave a "Thank you" replies, 10 or more should do.
0 blog comments below