XPad is a different Notepad replacement. It is meant to be a Desktop utility, that one can "pin" on top of applications for the purpose of note-taking or even for just displaying a note.
It doesn't have an MDI interface but it allows one to open as many instances of itself from the toolbar. It does not need to be installed so it is easy to use it from a USB Flash Drive. Some of its features include
* All menus on the screen.
* Multiple clipboard feature.
* Automatic copy selection to clipboard.
* UTF-8, Base64, UU, Quoted, URL, encoders and decoders.
* UTF-8 auto detection.
* Windows, Linux and Macintosh text file support.
* Tabulation in TABs or Spaces.
* Open web links, e-mails address or file paths just selecting it.
* Stay on-top feature.
* Many tools like, convert Tabs/Spaces, Uppercase/Lowercase, Trim left or right spaces, sort lines, clear blank lines, convert HTML to plain text, clear clipboard, delete/wipe/rename current file, etc.
This Windows application should be distinguished from the other XPad made for the MAC.
You can download Windows XPad here.
0 blog comments below