OK, so I recently downloaded the blog editor Ecto, which basically allows you to write posts when you're not online, in a rich text editor, then post them to your blog without going through the standard write post pages and the like.
I would have been fine if the xmlrpc.php file was working correctly. The first clue I had that it was playing up was when Ecto wouldn't connect properly to my blogs. Tonight I decided to find what the issue was. I found a post at a website where a person was having exactly the same problem, and he said that his host found the problem was with the mod_security module in the web host.
That's when I came over to Frihost. A quick search for xmlrpc turned up http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-45925.html, in which Bondings himself gives the solution. Basically the webhost for some reason doesn't like the file being named xmlrpc.php. If it is renamed to something else, everything works fine!
If you're having this problem that's the solution.
0 blog comments below