We all need privacy but some how others try every possible way they can to exploit ones privacy. If you ask me being a teenager I have hell of data in my computer that I need to hide from others. There are many software available in market that ease up our task by hiding our data under password but paying for those software is out of the reach of a guy like me Now here is a tutorial step by step by which you can hide your private photos or videos without use of any third party software. Dont worry there are no registry tweaks involved in the mentioned process so there is no point you will end up loosing your data.
The tutorial is completely my original and is not copied from any source.
This tutorial is categorized in three different sub topic they are :-
* Hiding the data away from the reach of others .
* How to view your private data .
* leaving no trace in your computer that will lead you in trouble .
* Unveiling the data.
Please note :- you must be have the administrative privilege in the upcoming steps :-
Step 1 :-Hiding your data:
* Gathering your file :- Cut and paste all your files to any location on your hard disk under a separate folder.
* Renaming your file :- In this step we will batch rename your files to any random name that is very difficult for one to put as a search string all you need to do is to select all files by ctrl+a press f2 and them rename the first file for eg XYZZY.XYX (Dont use the quotes).
* Renaming the folder :- Renaming the folder is not renaming it to a name but we make the folder with out any name (Just a space ) by accsi code All you need to do is to select the folder > Press F2 -> when you are prompt to type in the new name of the folder just type 0160 pressing down the alt key For laptop users you need to turn on the num-lock and do the needful from function buttons.
* Hiding the folder :- Now open the command prompt ( for vista and windows 7 user please run as admin) navigate to the parent folder of the folder which contain your files. I have assumed that my folder is in the c:\ ( Please note that where ever i use $ sign replace it by a space when you execute the commands.
Run in the commands as shown
c:\attrib +h +s +r c:\$
* The folder is gone :- you will notice that the folder is no longer visible. some special characteristics of the folder are
o It can not be deleted.
o Being a system folder now its excluded from the search result.
Step 2 :-Now moving on to running the files :
* Open the run dialog box and type in the your directory full name . eg :- c:\$.
* The directory will pop open .
* Select the file and open it with the associated application by the open with dialog box.
Step 3 :- Leaving No Trace:
* As we all know that the files you open are saved as a link in the resent folder in the windows navigate to the folder and permanently delete all the files.
XP : %sysfolder/Documents and Settings\$USER$\Recent
Vista & 7 : %sysfolder/Users\$USER$\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent
Step 4 :-Unveiling the files :
* All you need to do is to type a single command n the command prompt
c:\attrib -h -s -r c:\$
These steps may look a little tough but believe me when you do it once nothing will be much easier.
1 blog comments below
visit www.techno-planet.net for latest technology buzzz and software updates
awazdohamko2004 on Mon May 18, 2009 2:16 pm