Last week I managed to get Settler 3 installed and running on my Windows 10 PC.
There is a great article here in German compiling all the hints and tips how to get this done successfully.
Let me try to summarize what I did:
. Copied installation CD to my hard disk
. Changed compatibility mode for S3\INSTALL\SETUP.EXE to Windows XP SP 2 and ran it
. Obtained patch for S3.exe
. Changed compatibility mode for S3.exe to Windows 95 and turned on 'Run as administrator'
. Remaining problem: CD was not recognized when starting program and it prompted for a serial number
. Obtained the general serial number meanwhile published by BlueByte for fans of the old version of the game and entered it.
. Ran SETUPS3.exe to increase screen resolution to 1024x768
. Started playing it again ... .. and enjoyed seeing those many little guys running all over my screen to build all sorts of buildings.
0 blog comments below