If everything will go like I planned, I'll be going to college next year. Therefore I need a laptop but the big question is: Which laptop?
Some requirements I have in mind when buying my laptop:
- Not too expensive (~< 1000)
- Portable (I don't want a 17" but a lightweight laptop 13" or 15"), I need to travel between College and Home.
- I don't want to pay for a expensive graphic card as I will not play any games...
After some searching I found these: (Prices are the prices currently (12/2/10) in Belgium)
Dell Inspiron 15"
- Intelฎ Core I5-520M (2.4Ghz, 3MB)
15.6" (HD resoltuion)
Radeon HD 4330
Good and Bad:
+ Good price
+ i5 Processor with Turbo Boost (up to 2.9Ghz)
- Windows Seven
- Intel Core 2 Duo (2.26Ghz, 3MB)
Price: 958 (I pay +84 for the 4Gb memory (standard is 2Gb) and the total price is lower than the real price (= 929 standard + 2Gb memory = 1019) because I'm a student ).
Good and Bad:
+ Mac OS X
+ I can use another (2560x1600, I think that's a 30" screen :O) monitor at the same time
+ Less problems with Hardware <-> Software
+ It's a Mac
+ Almost no changes on infections
+ A battery that can hold my laptop for 7 hours!
Like you can see, I would really like to have a Mac but it's quite expensive... :s
What are your thoughts, should I buy a more expensive Macbook, and is it actually worth it, or should I go with a better and cheaper Dell Laptop (or another (Dell) laptop?)?
0 blog comments below