Hi, I'm CyberChiq. I am an ILEAS certified Community Emergency Response Team Instructor and I thought I would like to start this blog out by giving readers a checklist to create their 72 hour Disaster Go Kit. It is meant to help you and your loved ones survived the most dangerous time after a tornado, earthquake, hurricane, etc.
Before the Power Goes Out Checklist
Items to do and have on hand in preparation of power outages due to severe thunderstorms,blizzard or tornado.
1. Car tank filled with gasoline.
2. Cellphone and car charger for cellphone.
3. Extra drinking water and extra ice in freezer.
4. Week supply of canned goods, dry milk, dry cereal, bread, crackers, hand-operated can opener
5. Garbage bags, disposable plates, cups and eating utensils
6. Sterno fuel, propane or charcoal for grill.
7. First-aid kit and small fire extinguisher
8. Radio, extra batteries
9. Flashlight, lanterns, extra batteries
10. Extra cash and credit cards
11. One week surplus of prescription meds and personal hygiene supplies
12. Have disaster kit for each family member ready to go.
13. Small generator and fuel for small appliances or refrigerator.
14. Chainsaw and tools to remove fallen trees.
0 blog comments below