Terms Of Service
A) General notions
- We reserve the right to change these Terms Of Service at any time.
- We hold all users responsible for all actions conducted throughout their account.
- We reserve the right to cancel or remove any account for any reason or no reason at all.
- We are not responsible for data integrity and backups. This implies that the user must have a local copy of all important files and databases.
- We will not be liable for any of our services. We reserve ourselves the right to cancel our service at any time, and we will not be liable for any files that are lost and/or corrupted which may occur from a system crash, hard disk failure, account removal or any other possible reason. To the full extent permissible under the applicable law, Frihost shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages resulting from the use or inability to use Frihost services.
- Frihost is not intended for children younger than 13 years old and does not knowingly collect any kind of personal information from users younger than 13 years old.
B) Account and forum rules
Our account and forum rules are currently still displayed here.
C) Hosting rules
Any of the following is strictly not allowed, unless stated otherwise.
- Any type of IRC traffic on our servers.
- Websites or processes generating a high resource usage. This includes backing up/(g)zipping your account/website with a cron job. Resource intensive third-party statistic programs are also not allowed.
- Pornography, racism, violence and other offensive content, images or movies or the promotion of these.
- Copyrighted material without the permission of the owner. (content, images, music, software, ...)
- Hosting, linking and content related to warez, mp3's and all other illegal files.
- vBulletin, IPB and other paid forums/software without prior permission from an administrator.
- Sending unsolicited email messages otherwise known as spamming.
- SEO farms, scraped content or similar websites/practices.
- Excessive number of files, especially machine-generated.
- Out of date and insecure websites and/or scripts that are easily abused/hacked.
- Any scripts running in the background on the server.
- Cron jobs that are being executed more often than once per 15 minutes or generating a lot of cpu load.
- Content related to hacking, torrents, peer to peer, cracking, serial numbers, violence and terroristic activities.
- Starting your own free/paid webhost, image host or email host on our servers.
- Websites providing proxy services to its users or any other automatic retrieval of webpages or files including (search engine) crawlers/bots.
- MP3 and other music files are forbidden on our servers. Some exceptions might be made for self-made music hosted in one directory together with a legal.txt file explaining that the music files are completely legal. A written permission from an administrator is necessary prior to uploading the files. Remixes aren't considered as self-made music. Permission should be asked in the Request an Account Change forum.
- Any other action related to illegal activities.
Breaching any of the rules mentioned above, will result in an immediate cancellation of your account and/or legal actions towards you, depending on its severity.
- This website collects data about all visitors, including ip address, browser version and operating system.
- Email address, name and potential other information is also collected during registration and optional subsequent forms. This information is stricly not shared with third-party websites or services. We however cannot be held responsible for any leaked or compromised data.
- You agree that we have the right to remove, edit, move or close any content at any time should we see fit.
- As a user you agree to any information and data you have provided to our website, being stored in our database and grant us an unrestricted and perpetual right to use, change and display all non-private information and data (like posts, avatars and signatures) in any medium and for any purpose. (This of course does not include the files/content on the free hosting accounts we provide.)
- A cookie is set on the computer(s) of registered users on our forums in order to be able to intentify you.
- We do not knowingly collect any kind of personal information from users younger than 13 years old.
- If any of your personal information is unwantedly shared on our public forums or website, you are invited to contact us to remove it. We can however not guarantee an immediate removal in every case.
- Google's use of the DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
- Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the advertising opt-out page (Google) and advertising opt-out page (others).