FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Seek help on playing DMC4 using GMA950 video processing chip

Blissgene
I know it may sound crasy. But I still cannot help rasing the question if any legend out there can play Devil May Cry 4 on a Intel GMA950 capable computer. GMA950 only hardwarely support pixel shader 2.0. Therefore it is assumingly against the requirement of PS 3.0 by DMC4. But I just dont believe it. Still have hope someone brilliant out there have a solution. Cheers and awaiting...
william
Well, I guess with some tweaking, you MIGHT be able to play it. But I use the term "play" loosely. See, the thing is, even if it had support for pixel shader 3.0, it would still lack the horsepower needed to play the game smoothly. I mean, the newer GMA X3100 can play it, but that's at the lowest settings and a fairly low resolution. So, basically, even if you managed to get it to run, it'll still be unplayable.

Perhaps there is a way with tweaking that it may run, but I don't find that likely.
blk3
I think it would be better if you have a PC with an Intel or Nvidea graphics card instead of this onboard cards, that way yoou can play much better. I tried also on my desktop to play it using an ATI Radeon 9600 but it didn't work.
QrafTee
... Discrete for the win. Forget about playing DMC4 with what you have now. It's time to upgrade.
Kelcey
Absolutely. You need to upgrade. Even if you could get it to run, it wouldn't be playable. The game isn't the most demanding game in the world as it was coded VERY well. But you need something better.