FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Iphone vs T-mobile G1....

toxictux
anyone has any input on that.. any one with specific experiences.. they would like to share....
Diablosblizz
I have never tried a G1, but the iPhone is just an iPod touch with Phone and more internet features, so if you like the iPod Touch then you'd probably like the iPhone.

If you'd like, you can read my topic on this, which can be found here. Just my thoughts on the iPhone.
rockacola
Let me know if anyone actually have one on hand!
I am really thinking of getting one as my contact is finishing in 2 months.
toxictux
I have played around with G1 and iPhone both. i have to be honest.. iPhone is the best smartphone out there. G1 has some catching up to do. but i have iPods and i have always hated iTunes. this is the only reason i am not getting iPhone. i am leaning more towrds G1 even though it is in 1st phase of development, i am hoping it will catch up to iphone soon.
Diablosblizz
Surprizingly, there is another project that syncs iPods / iPhones / whatever. It's called MediaMonkey and it works quite well. Although, it may take some getting used to because you're going from the easy iTunes to MediaMonkey which could be a little troublesome.

I hope this helps.
aningbo
Diablosblizz wrote:
I have never tried a G1, but the iPhone is just an iPod touch with Phone and more internet features, so if you like the iPod Touch then you'd probably like the iPhone.

If you'd like, you can read my topic on this, which can be found here. Just my thoughts on the iPhone.

G1 is jst a phone then...? wat do u mean bt iphone is jst an upgrade to ipod with phone and internet? who do u expect of G1? cook for us? lol
misterXY
Now.. living in Canada sucks..
Rogers & Fido is our only GSM provider around, and Rogers is the parent company of Fido...

Rogers.. there expensive... been known to rip off... l could, honestly, make a book bigger then the bible on there shitty service.

Well.. both are GSM... it's true iPhone is a fancy iTouch, but it's closed source and developers have to purchase the license of the kit, then not pay royalty towards Apple, and l develop Visual Basic, Java and have experience in C++ and Python. You can search or talk to any developer about this, they'd know exactly the bs they're trying to do.

G1, the first commercially open-sourced phone, where they encourage and given out prizes too developers. It's all free, no royalties expected. There is no other phone out there like the G1, not even symbian, sorry guys, but deep down it's true. l've spoke and hanged out even, with alot of developers who are ridding on the G1 train, and theres alot of pressure on Google & the Open Handset Alliance too make a debut in the phone world with open source, so now we're already having support from Google fans, Google's community of developers, and the open source community...

Now, l worked with a iPhone once, but never owned. There is no talks with Rogers getting the phone, so they're alot of speculation, G1 isn't coming Sad . But the best of luck towards G1, and my support goes to G1 so far, my girlfriend is taking a shopping trip to the states to get one unlocked from t-mobile directly. Thank you to all those who are making my dream come true, only thing missing is more open source and the G1 in Canada, but until then, they have my support! Very Happy
scotty
iPhone 3G

It may not have all the settings and tweaks of other phones or the ability to install any app out of the box but it is just so smooth, integrated and easy to use. It just works.
misterXY
Well for those who want the multitouch features... hehe
http://i.gizmodo.com/5146797/how-to-hack-android-for-multitouch-web-browsing-on-the-t+mobile-g1?skyline=true&s=i
G1 getting it good, soon for CDMA phones too, might come to Canada afterall, TigerDirect.ca have unlocked GSM G1's but Rogers is the only people l can goto, even though Fido is owned by rogers, it's still better but so far, no support from them in Saint John, NB. Sad
Hogwarts
aningbo wrote:
G1 is jst a phone then...? wat do u mean bt iphone is jst an upgrade to ipod with phone and internet? who do u expect of G1? cook for us? lol

Compare this as you would a mac and Linux box.

The mac "Just works", but is completely useless for anything beyond the basics. You can't even upgrade hardware decently, you're forced to use "macware" (i.e. the small portion of hardware macs actually support).

The Linux box is absolutely awesome from every possible angle, however to be said awesome it requires you to more intelligent than your average idiot.

I suppose, judging by your post, that a iPhone would suit somebody like you better. Not that I'm hinting at anything here, though.
misterXY
Hogwarts wrote:
aningbo wrote:

Compare this as you would a mac and Linux box.

The mac "Just works", but is completely useless for anything beyond the basics. You can't even upgrade hardware decently, you're forced to use "macware" (i.e. the small portion of hardware macs actually support).

The Linux box is absolutely awesome from every possible angle, however to be said awesome it requires you to more intelligent than your average idiot.

I suppose, judging by your post, that a iPhone would suit somebody like you better. Not that I'm hinting at anything here, though.

Well put and very true, go PC's Very Happy