FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost facts fred

truespeed
Frih.net traffic (Top countries for visitors to frih.net websites)

India - 33%
USA 14%
Spain - 4%
UK - 4%
Mexico - 3.7%
Belgium 3%
Germany - 2%

Others are 1% or less

Top 10 sites on frih.net (using the frih.net subdomain)

1: blabla.frih.net - 11%
2: ihatedesign.frih.net - 10%
3: ignite.frih.net - 10%
4: taijijuny.frih.net - 5%
5: rainedragon.frih.net - 4%
6: keraladata.frih.net - 4%
7: justy.frih.net - 4%
8: littlefighter2.frih.net - 3%
9: inuyasha.frih.net - 3%
10: pennyracers.frih.net - 2%

Details: Alexa.com
saratdear
33% of traffic from India! Smile That is a great achievement, but I don't think it is fully accurate. Doesn't Alexa only count for users installed with their toolbar?
Nameless
saratdear wrote:
33% of traffic from India! Smile That is a great achievement, but I don't think it is fully accurate. Doesn't Alexa only count for users installed with their toolbar?

And "other, diverse sources", apparently. [/dubious]
DoctorBeaver
A few of those sites don't seem to exist anymore.
coolclay
Yes I think you are correct, they only collect info from folks that have their toolbar on their browser.
ocalhoun
Nameless wrote:
saratdear wrote:

(Also the ones who have their tracking cookie...)
rebeltrooper
Quote:
2: ihatedesign.frih.net - 10%

wow the second place in Frih.net!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
missdixy
Pretty cool! Thanks, it's always interesting to see facts like this
jsfdan
Thanks for the nifty facts. :3
sonam
For server one "frihost" is different statistic:

Countries:
1. United States 22.3%
2. United Kingdom 15.4%
3. Indonesia 15.1%
4. Philippines 9.0%
5. India 8.3%
6. Turkey 4.4%
7. Germany 4.3%
8. Spain 2.6%
9. Nicaragua 2.2%
10. Romania 1.3%

Sites:
1. iglenazdpn.frihost.net - 19%
2. endless-story.frihost.net - 13%
3. phoenix.frihost.net - 10%
4. ukn.frihost.net - 9%
5. chartcentral.frihost.net - 6%
6. fortune.frihost.net - 6%
7. nos21tale.fri83host.net - 4%
8. shnelby.frihost.net - 3%
9. ar.frihost.net - 2%

Tenth is server Wink

Sonam
Fatality
Thanks for the info. Nice to see some stats once and awhile. No matter what, Frihost is still awesome.

Thanks guys!
Bondings
ocalhoun wrote:
Nameless wrote:
saratdear wrote:

(Also the ones who have their tracking cookie...)

A cookie is useless unless you are on the same domain of the cookie (of course there can be some javascript including code from that domain). So unless there is some kind of toolbar installed or unless a script from alexa is called from withing the page there is no possibility for alexa to track it. Of course they could purchase some data from an isp (apparently some isps do sell that data).
standready
Very interesting.
rockacola
That's some very interesting facts Very Happy

I can't stop wondering which website is driving in all those indian traffics? Surprised
raine dragon
wow, I'm number 5 still? XD

I moved my main site to a paid server because it was using too much bandwidth, I only use my frih for school work now.

I don't use the main domain anymore though; pretty sure I have a coming soon notice on that. XD
truespeed
Top 10 posters (26th November 2008)

1:Bondings 9831
2:n0obie4life 7512
3:tidruG 5786
4:Blaster 4800
5:ocalhoun 4630
6:Animal 4506
7:mathiaus 4564
8:Bikerman 4234
9:S3nd K3ys 4086
10:rvec 4076

Although for some reason the memberlist has ritanayak86 1st with 16777215 posts,but as he has only made 5 posts at a rate of 4194303.75 posts per day, its safe to assume its a glitch.

Just for the record, i am 97th.

Top Richest (frih)

1:Vrythramax 22175.34
2:n0obie4life 15514.63
3:Bikerman 14510.08
4:Bondings 14039.32
5:tidruG 11947.24
6:ninjakannon 10763.58
7:ocalhoun10137.97
8:Indi 7913.11
9:rvec 7346.50
10:Urban 6722.67

I am 138th.
Star Wars Fanatic
truespeed wrote:

6:Animal 4506
7:mathiaus 4564
8:Bikerman 4234
9:S3nd K3ys 4086
10:rvec 4076

Although for some reason the memberlist has ritanayak86 1st with 16777215 posts,but as he only has 16 points its safe to assume its a glitch.

Just for the record, i am 97th.

Top Richest (frih)

1:Vrythramax 22175.34
2:n0obie4life 15514.63
3:Bikerman 14510.08
4:Bondings 14039.32
5:tidruG 11947.24
6:ninjakannon 10763.58
7:ocalhoun10137.97
8:Indi 7913.11
9:rvec 7346.50
10:Urban 6722.67

I am 138th.

Awesome, I've been looking for that for a while, the link for it seems to have disappeared.
Right now I'm 142 on the posts list, and 15th on the frih list.

I find it funny how n0obie4life still has some of the highest, yet he hasn't been around since Jun 16, 2006...

Are there any statistics on sites who don't have a .frih.net or .frihost domain, yet are hosted by Frihost?

Also, I think Alexa stats are a little misleading, as you do have to have their toolbar installed, and not everyone has it installed.
truespeed
Star Wars Fanatic wrote:

Are there any statistics on sites who don't have a .frih.net or .frihost domain, yet are hosted by Frihost?

Not that i am aware of,the only other interesting stat i could come up with for all frihost domains that includes all the top level domains is...according to dnscoop.com.

Frih.net has 244 other sites hosted on the server.
frihost.net has 153 other sites hosted on the server.
frih.org has 283 other sites hosted on the server.
Star Wars Fanatic
truespeed wrote:
Star Wars Fanatic wrote:

Not that i am aware of,the only other interesting stat i could come up with for all frihost domains that includes all the top level domains is...according to dnscoop.com.

Frih.net has 244 other sites hosted on the server.
frihost.net has 153 other sites hosted on the server.
frih.org has 283 other sites hosted on the server.

Oh that's interesting, I did just find that the directory on the Frihost homepage has a top 11:

Frihost Directory Top 11
1. KNR Designs
2. W.U.N.K.U.N.K
3. Donutey
4. LTN
5. Chart Central Phils. Vote Site
6. Sanghala
7. What's Your Impact?
8. Cheese Media
9. Blaster
10. The Equine Dream
11.Defection Design Studios

I'm not sure if that's all sites hosted on Frihost, or just those submitted to the directory somehow...

Oh, I did just find a tool that can see other sites that are hosted on the same server:
http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/web-sites-on-web-server/

I couldn't find a tool that could take that number and see which sites are the most hit, though.
truespeed
dnscoop.com lists all the sites aswell.

I think maybe the only way to find out which is most hit would be to go through them individually on alexa,but that would take forever when your talking over 200 sites per server.
tidruG
truespeed wrote:

Holy cow! That means I've made about 25 posts (so far) today. Hmm...this is what happens when you go away from Frihost to write exams and then return.

Of course, if you look up my recent posts, you won't be able to find most of them, because they're in the AWITS section and other staff-related forums.
Star Wars Fanatic
tidruG wrote:
Of course, if you look up my recent posts, you won't be able to find most of them, because they're in the AWITS section and other staff-related forums.

So what you're saying is you get posts added to your count that no one can see? Interesting... Wink
Ghost Rider103
All the sites you just found listed on the directory were submitted by the owner of the website. You actually bid Frih$ for your ranking on the top 10 directory spot. Not very many people use that system, and I have been keeping it to myself as much as possible so I do not have to spend so much frih$ to get on the #1 spot every month.

Each month the frihost directory gets reset, and users must bid once again. You can see more details about adding your website to the directory by visiting the "account" page, and it's at the very bottom.
tidruG
Star Wars Fanatic wrote:
tidruG wrote:

So what you're saying is you get posts added to your count that no one can see? Interesting... Wink

Well, some people can see them! Razz
Donutey
India seems overrepresented in their statistics, it says India is ~14% of users for my site, but it's actually closer to 5% from the direct GeoIP stats from Awstats.
truespeed
Currently Frihost.com is the 14,324 most popular site in the world according to Alexa.
deanhills
Sounds good to me! Very Happy