FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

transfering page rank from .co.nr

inphurno
one of the worst mistakes i made when i first made my site was to sign up and use a .co.nr domain for a long time. now google ranks both of my domains .co.nr and .eu.org one on top of the other and they have been sliding down the first page slowly but surely.

the .co.nr must have a negative effect on the .eu.org because they move together. for the .co.nr i am forced to put a link back to them so i have a page like this setup before my 301 redirect.

my question is how can i get whatsyourimpact.co.nr to point to whatsyourimpact.eu.org seo wise so that .co.nr disapears from google. if i cant find good answers soon i will just cancel the .co.nr because having both seems to be a much bigger prob than i had guessed it would be!

any help on this one would be really appreciated...

(250th post) Very Happy
rockacola
Not sure if this is the best way (or may even be the same method you use atm), but I would use .htaccess to redirect all your traffic that points to .co.nr

Code:

Options FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !whatsyourimpact..co.nr$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://whatsyourimpact.eu.org/$1 [L,R=301]

(Code hasn't been tested)

This should point your new traffic to .eu.org, and your .co.nr domain will phase out as long as no one is linking to that address. Smile
inphurno
thanks for your response rockacola, but yeah i have tried this as a solution and it doesn't work. one problem is that all .co.nr domains are useless and not real domains. they can do the following: free URL redirection (free URL forwarding), free URL cloaking & masking, path forwarding. there is no way to pay and turn them into real domains either Sad

anyway the host is not whatsyourimpact.co.nr, its whatsyourimapct.eu.org but the refferer is the .co.nr so i tried this:

Options -Indexes
Options +FollowSymLinks
rewriteEngine on

rewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^whatsyourimpact.co.nr$ [NC]
rewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.whatsyourimpact.eu.org/$1 [R=301,L]

but it does not work!

i have this in place for now:
redirectMatch 301 ^/conr/ http://whatsyourimpact.eu.org/

this keeps traffic coming to my site. in google i see the correct title and description but the url is still .co.nr so any more suggestions for how to fix this one?