FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

need a free Icon Editor

gosphinx
Does anyone know about a free icon editor that can also edit Windows XP icons and has features like adding aqua effect, e.t.c? If anybody know such program please tell me!
rockacola
Icon as in .ico file?

If you are talking about image in general, IrfanView is free and it's a good alternative to Photoshop.
weableandbob
I think you can use gimp to make/edit them as well
froginabox
You can use MSPaint (the ultimate free), or GIMP to edit icons, just save them in the .ico format. If you already have them, you can also use programs like Adobe's Photoshop too.
pollux1er
Instead of building new icons go here and look for a lot of very nice free icons Nice free icons
chartcentral
You can also go to sites like Favicon.cc to generate your favicons online. Smile
silverdown
chartcentral wrote:
You can also go to sites like Favicon.cc to generate your favicons online. Smile

Thanks for sharing, I may use this Smile
Marcuzzo
I haven't used it in a while but back then I used IcoFx. I stopped using and liking it after they went from freeware to trialware ( read, nagware )

anyway, the url is icofx.ro
I'm intentionally leaving out the "link" as I don't want to support them by putting a link on Any website.
oreogami
I personally like using GIMP to edit my icons. If you set the filename as whatever.ico it will give you some options to set it up.
Asap170
I use Paint.NET. You have to go and download a dll for it, but it can be done.
codersfriend
For a free one, try msPaint..
ICOFx is cool.. it can extract icons from softwares Smile
brandon82369
asdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasd
brandon82369
asd
brandon82369
asd