FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My Computer won't work...

Jack_Hammer
It boots up and loads windows, then reboots etc, this only happened after I took it appart and accidently knocked out the power L.E.D cable and the HDD cable along with the power cable, and I put them back in the correct place but now sometimes It doesn't boot up or doesn't seem to find the HDD or it just loads windows then reboots/shuts down. I have no idea what the problem could be, so any help would be appreciated. Though I suppose if I don't fix it, I can always buy a faster computer maybe a dual motherboard so I can have two processors and have the 200gig HDD and the 512 RAM and have a super computer.
Laughing
JA1meerssen
hi

a tip open your case and clean everything from dust maybe your cooling or something other wil get to heat and the pc is shutting down.
alwi_frih
It sounds like you have an overheat problem. Some overheat comes from the CPU or the Harddisk, you may want to add extra fan on your harddisk after you clean-up your computer from dust as the above suggestion.

You may want to replace the cables you *knocked out*. If it was pulled out too hard, may be the cables damaged inside.

Good Luck Wink
Donutey
make sure cables fully inserted etc... i had a loose reset cable that caused random reboots...
what kind of computer is it?