FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is the best social networking software?

realtrue
Hello all,
I want to make website like myspace, friendster, or facebook.
What are the possibilities?

I have try dolphin and it is quiet good and I have read phpizabi.

This is from dolphin:

Best. Community Software. Ever.

YouTube, MySpace, Odeo, Flickr, Match and Facebook - all in one, customizable and under your full control. You're limited only by your imagination - not by software. Dolphin Smart Community Builder is a universal, free, open source software that allows you to build any kind of online community. With a huge variety of features & options, you can quickly develop your very unique and successful website.
Dating Software & Social Network Software

Create dating sites, social networks, content sharing portals - you name it. Dolphin includes all the features of dating scripts and adds more. You just build the site of your dreams and deploy it instantly with the ease and elegance that only Dolphin can provide. For Free.
Open Source. Open Community. Open Borders.

Dolphin provides simple yet sophisticated tools to build your own community site, but you can go further with the power of open source and a large, helpful and active community - BoonEx Unity.
Go For The World's Best

Dolphin is a mature software with a superior upgrade history. The experience of the BoonEx development team is also backed by a strong customer community; sharing options, testing beta versions, providing advice and doing reasearch. Dolphin is always in forward motion in terms of technology, and it outperforms all free and commercial dating, social networking and community scripts in functionality, popularity and public support.
Ten Times More

Just when you start thinking it was a marketing ploy, we say multiply it by 10 and you know what you'll get. Here's why:
Unique "Builders" that let you build numerous variants of your site pages, tweak functionality and layout without any programming experience.
Over 6 years of extremely active development history. Over 20,000 websites. 500 downloads every day. Over 100,000 total downloads.
Truly effective community support and collaboration, as well as a variety of extensions, forums, professional services and promotion opportunities - all through BoonEx Unity.
Native integration with Ray Community Widget Suite and Orca Interactive Forum Script, giving unmatched mix functionality options for your community site ideas.
Driven by our mission - Unite People.
realtrue
This is from phpizabi website:
Human Networking has a cutting edge, too!

PHPizabi is one of the most powerful social networking platforms on the planet. With literally thousands of websites powered by PHPizabi including everything from simple friends sites to the most complex networking super sites out there. Easy to install, use, and raising the bar on what it is to provide a reliable, fast, social networking package to raise your business to the next level.
Tphilakone
Have you guys ever heard flixya.com a social networking website. You can upload video and picture a lot of thing . But i dont know what script they use
realtrue
Tphilakone wrote:
Have you guys ever heard flixya.com a social networking website. You can upload video and picture a lot of thing . But i dont know what script they use

Thank you for the information, but I can not find the script for this website.
profbis
If you do not know enough php, try ning. Ning is a social networking site where users can create their own social network. You can build your own community in matter of minutes.
Diablosblizz
If you are planning to make your own social networking site then you probably should start learning PHP so you can code it yourself and not use some open source software. Facebook was coded by a person, not a base then upgraded. Same with mySpace.
jmlworld
Paid social networking software are more secure and promising than the open source. I'd recommend you buy PHPFox as it enough to create a site like Tagged, MySpace, FaceBook, etc...

But everything depends on how you customize everything. Your creativity will make your site unique even if you use the most popular and most used software.

Good luck
tamilparks
very good idea, congrulation
rvec
I looked around a bit, and phpfox is really bad. If you can read php you should take a look of the code before you buy it (it will make you change your mind).

Same for a lot of other software. If you are going to use it let someone read the code before you spend time/money on it.
alkutob
I used PHPizabi as a free script on my site and I translated it to arabic language .
it is a good script
here is the link
www.alljordan.net/as7ab

But I really liked another paid script which is Joovili
http://www.joovili.com

there are many other free scripts like MyOWNspace , which is a Bastard version of Social Software similar to Myspace
Quote:
Looking for a fast and easy way to create a free website, host your forum, build a photo album, set up a blog and more for FREE? MyOWNSpace.FR has spent the past 3 years developing the fastest, easiest and most powerful free web hosting service just for you! Now, having a free website is as easy for everyone! Get a free website now!

http://myownspace.fr/home.php

And another wonderful paid script is iScripts.com SocialWare
you can test it by this link .
http://www.iscripts.com/socialware/demo/index.php?user=u

thank you
jiangshan
I had heard the software dolphin,but I did not try it,there is not a similar software like it was wrote by Chinese and I did not need it on my site.myspace and facebook are very great website,I like the service of them,maybe someday in the future I will try the networking software on my own website.
Nyasro
May be Facebook is only best social networking site, since it in top position of world
zimmer
I suggest Joomla plus Joomsocial.

Perfect combination for social networking site. If you need help just PM me. Very Happy
wildboinga
If you have a website on joomla, you can turn your website into a full featured social networking website with an extension called jomsocial. It is easy to use and it's interface is like Facebook. But it is not a free extension! you have to pay if you want to use it.
Pippo90
Super-necroposting Wink