FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Peru

linkview
Somebody know Peru?
Tell me about your impressions...
macacoescalada
Peru is one of the most beautiful countries I´ve ever been, especially because of archeological sites and culture, but also for it´s gently people, beaches, mountains, jungle...
Melacos
Fantastic place, lots of ruins:P

Well the elaborate on that, I myself made use of a part of 'the gringo trail', which took me from Lima down along the coast and finally ending up in Arequipa. Basically that wasn't really the most exciting experience, so I decided to stray from mentioned trail.
This proved to be a wise decision. I went further south to the coastal city Tacna, that had some nice athmosphere to it, and it wasn't that touristed. (Nice desert attractions there fx.)
To make a semi-short story even shorter, I then went north until reaching the fantastic city of Ayacucho which lies in the Andes, and is known for, among other things, the Sendero Luminoso (a maoistic movement). I then travelled south through the mountains (beautiful scenery, and nervewrecking busrides) until reaching Cuzco. Basically that place is equal parts fantastic ruins/complexes/arcitecture/athmosphere and european-like night life (really really cheap though)...

Well, pardon my ramblings... I can definitely recommend the place!
deanhills
linkview wrote:
Somebody know Peru?
Tell me about your impressions...
I would love to travel to Peru. I have seen quite a number of documentaries on it, and friends have visited as well. However, just heard there are quite a lot of riots all over Peru. Apparently there usually is at this time of the year, but for travelling I would be concerned about this.
mikeperhem1
Peru, a country with over 5000 years of history, one of the most diverse nations on the planet and a destination that holds infinite vacation destinations. There is a Peru for everyone and we invite you to find out.From various surfing beaches, to mountain ranges capricious. A diverse geography full of excitement and adrenaline.
llugaric
Had a great time in Cusco... would skip Lima next time I'm in Peru...