FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

CGI Proxy

linkview
It is possible install a cgi-proxy, to personal use (not public)
Pepperfan
Sure it is. I would recommend setting it up on a computer that is not being used for much though. It does not have to be a new and super fast computer. Just clean it up a bit and set it to defragment every night.

I have used Free Proxy from Hand Crafted Software http://www.handcraftedsoftware.org/ for several clients and they really liked it. I have to say though the more people you have using it the better the cache will work. but if you just want to filter some stuff you will like it also.

Charles
friuser
i think he mean on frihost which would probably be a no. Even personal use can produce too much load but don't know of any free hosts allow it. The paid ones don't like it as well. I had cgi proxy running at home for a very short time but it's actually easier to setup a vpn in that case.
Pepperfan
Hey firuser,

I think you might be right.

Linkview I would be shocked if you could do CGI Proxy from one of the frihost servers.

Charles
silobean
Pepperfan wrote:
Sure it is. I would recommend setting it up on a computer that is not being used for much though. It does not have to be a new and super fast computer. Just clean it up a bit and set it to defragment every night.

I have used Free Proxy from Hand Crafted Software http://www.handcraftedsoftware.org/ for several clients and they really liked it. I have to say though the more people you have using it the better the cache will work. but if you just want to filter some stuff you will like it also.

Charles

thnx for the info, charles.. Rolling Eyes
Pepperfan
Hey anytime silobean.

that is what we are here for.

Charles