FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what's your favorite movie score compose?

fox2000
what's your favorite movie score compose??? I mean the background music. Very Happy

i really like the score from "The lion king" (by han zimmers)
Bicentennial Man
The Chronicles of Narnia: The witch, the lion and the wardrobe
Love Actually (really beautiful)
The Polar Express
MeddlingMonk
Movie soundtracks that are currently on my favourite list...

Star Trek: Generations
National Treasure
Midsomer Murders: Midsomer Rhapsody (unfortunately, this isn't available anywhere...)
Lord of the Rings

There are probably a few others, but they don't come to mind at present.
deanhills
Definitely "The General's Daughter" - "She began to lie" (Sea Lion). The music was completely out of the world, and John Travolta just fit in beautifully with the music, especially with the opening scenes. Wow, what an Actor he is. He picks up in the most fantastic way on vibes and the way he strutted with that opening music, and the accent he copied, awesome!
poppat
I like Howard Shore's score for the Lord Of The Rings movies especially for the part where the fellowship enters the mines of Morir. (that's probably spelt wrong)

I also like the score for the new Narnia movie 'Prince Caspian'. I haven't looked up who wrote it yet.

poppat
eday2010
I adored the score for King Arthur, done by Hans Zimmer. The score for Gladiator was also excellent. There are several others that I can't think of at the moment.
atul2242
A. R. Rahman wins the Golden Globe for orignal score in Mumbai slumdogs
fx-trading-education
I think that Tarantino's movies have always interesting musics.
Of course Pulp Fiction is one good example
Dean_The_Great
I was really pleasantly surprised by the Hans Zimmer score on "The Holiday", but baring that I'd have to go with one of the classic John Williams scores for "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" or "Star Wars" or something like that.
bchuminx
Howard Shore from the LOTR trilogy

Patrick Doyle from Eragon

The Chronicles of Narnia

A Beautiful Mind
Radar
Something slightly different - Serenity. The music played when you see the ship for the first time and the music at the end of the movie still sound amazing every time I listen to it. Unsurprisingly I also think some of the pieces used in Firefly are particularly good as well.

Philip Glass' in The Truman Show is always worth a mention. I once heard someone saw that the beauty of his music is that you could attach it to a simple handheld low-quality camera, just showing someone walking down a street, and it would still feel like it was a scene from a movie.

And I can't deny that Lord of the Rings has some great pieces over the course of the three movies.