FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best Sites To Get Links

Myseoway
Top ranking sites for the target keyword are the best sites to get inbound links. Logically these sites will give higher ranking value as they are ranked high for the target keyword. Please correct if this opinion is not correct.
leontius
True but high-ranked websites know that they are high-ranked, so they won't give links that easily.
gcaughill
Sites should be:

- related to your topic
- high quality
- rank well
- not link farms

etc.
GB
And I'm pretty sure if the highly ranked sites are your competitors, they're not going to be giving you links.
the-guide
GB wrote:
And I'm pretty sure if the highly ranked sites are your competitors, they're not going to be giving you links.

Exactly! I think like that too.
winmark
Ya you better buy links from them. But sssshhhh don't let uncle Google know .... uncle google says it's bad to buy links.
the-guide
winmark wrote:
Ya you better buy links from them. But sssshhhh don't let uncle Google know .... uncle google says it's bad to buy links.

YEAH!!!

May be... uncle Google would like to ask you one question...

Why not buy PPC from Adwords instead? HA HA HA... Laughing
Xaferrow
leontius wrote:
True but high-ranked websites know that they are high-ranked, so they won't give links that easily.

Yeah, how tragic Sad
gcaughill
There is a lot that goes into how effective a link is in raising your ranking, not just 'popularity'

http://www.dailyblogtips.com/seo-checklist/

Links

* Anchor text of inbound links (+3)
* Origin of inbound links (+3)
* Links from similar sites (+3)
* Links from .edu and .gov sites (+3)
* Anchor text of internal links (+2)
* Many outgoing links (-1)
* Outbound links to bad neighbors (-3)
* Cross-linking (-3)

These are some of the most important factors.
GB
that's a good site, gcaughill. Getting links is certainly no easy task. Its usually going to take more than a nicely worded email.
gcaughill
GB wrote:
that's a good site, gcaughill. Getting links is certainly no easy task. Its usually going to take more than a nicely worded email.

If you concentrate on getting a couple of really high quality links (see site above), you can do more than send an email the site owner might now even read. You should learn as much as possible about the site, find out what you have in common, see what content on your site their readers might like and point those things out. Being personal and building a relationship BEFORE asking for a link can also make the process go much smoother.

I will definitely not argue with the statement that 'Getting links is certainly no easy task.' It takes a lot of good work.

One last point, you should put WAY MORE effort in making sure your site has quality content, than time spent asking/begging for links. If your site is the best in its category and/or offers a large amount of quality, unique content, then getting links becomes much easier.
chatrack
Hi,

I think we should try to get Links from sites that are having

1. Similar set of keywords

2. having higher rank than our site

____..______...______.._____

Get Location FREE

www.chatrack.frihost.net
gcaughill
chatrack wrote:
Hi,

I think we should try to get Links from sites that are having

1. Similar set of keywords

2. having higher rank than our site

2. As mentioned above, higher linked sites might be your competitors.

Trying to search in related sphere is usually a better idea. ie. If you are a fishing charter company in the Great Lakes area of North America, you might want to get links from cabins, hotels, fishing gear providers, boat sellers etc. There are related, but non-competing sites.