FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Sims 3

WicCaesar
The Sims 3 will be release in February, and it's already on pre-sale.

Will you buy it? Will you wait for expansion packs? Will you abandon The Sims 2? Are you anxious for the release?
WicCaesar
I, as a fan, will buy it on pre-sale, the Collector's Edition (that will come with a 2GB plumbob pen-drive).
I won't leave The Sims 2, not for a while, because the base game doesn't have all the features that I'm used to in house creation.
TheOnionRack
I have more fun building up amazing houses and buildings than I do actually playing with the families. Weird that. I think the most interesting part of Sims 3 is the idea that you play in one giant lot, so to speak. The annoying part is that your sim's lives carry on even while you are not there. That will cause problems for control freaks like me.
Starrfoxx
I'm not going to even touch this game for several reasons:

1) It will purposely be released as an incomplete game (just like Spore) with features it should've had to start off with. Instead those features will be released as expansion packs.

2) It will require online activation, install SecuRom, and limit activations on your computer.

3) It's being developed by someone other than Will Wright who thinks he can do a better job and "reinvent the wheel".

4) I just don't feel like starting all over again.

5) In game advertisements. I'm amazed by how many people are not bothered by this. Quite frankly, I buy a game to enjoy and relax with. I don't want to be advertised to.

6) I honestly think this game, as cool as it looks, is really going to come up short and disappoint a lot of people.
TheOnionRack
Starrfoxx wrote:

1) It will purposely be released as an incomplete game (just like Spore) with features it should've had to start off with. Instead those features will be released as expansion packs.

2) It will require online activation, install SecuRom, and limit activations on your computer.

3) It's being developed by someone other than Will Wright who thinks he can do a better job and "reinvent the wheel".

5) In game advertisements. I'm amazed by how many people are not bothered by this. Quite frankly, I buy a game to enjoy and relax with. I don't want to be advertised to.

6) I honestly think this game, as cool as it looks, is really going to come up short and disappoint a lot of people.

Wait, what? They will be sporifying it? If it will have the same DRM as Spore, then I will gladly say no. I think EA has really gone down the pan. After Need for Speed ProStreet, I have lost all respect for them as a company. But I still love Maxis, Dice and Criterion for all their great games. I just don't like what EA does to them, like DRM, adverts, microtransactions and so on.
Vladalf
Heh The Sims, I only tried one of the games from a collection cd (with many sims games) and it was funny for a little. I know first time I played I made an ugly house (really bad designed) and forgot to make a bathroom. Smile) That sim I had was very sad he didn't have a bathroom. Then I made another house in a new game, it was more little and it had everything. I made 2 sims, and well they were doing many things. Tried to make the man learn a job but it took to long and I unistaled it. That was my Sims experience. I will probably try sims 3 when it comes out, just for the sake of it.

-Vladalf
Keran
I only liked the original, first part of Sims, it was really fun and something new at the time. The second part seemed forced and quite frankly made no sense to me at all.
The other thing, as someone said earlier, is even if I buy Sims 3, in the next 2-3 months I'm going to have to buy 10 expansions, because every one of them will add something that should have been in the base game in the beginning.
Also seeing in the past games, Sims 1 was the most "realistic" and attractive, with addition of rare and random mysterious events (like ghosts, magic etc.). Sims 2 had gone into more wacky and crazy type of deal making all the scifi stuff a normal thing, which was really no fun for me at all.
So I'm affraid of what I'll see in Sims 3, I'm guessing it won't really be that much different than what was in The Sims 2...

However I'll probably end up trying it after all Sad
Oddw1re
i haven't played the Sims in ages and personally don't like it but for anyone who does I've got some links to some trailers for Sims 3

E3 2008: Debut Trailer
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36816.html

Behind-the-Scenes
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/39776.html

Election Coverage: Palin Dances
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42248.html

Election Coverage: Palin Fights
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42249.html

Enjoy
Garga
The Sims 3 has received a final worldwide release date of June 2nd, 2009 for PC. This is a delay from the original February 20th date.
Starrfoxx
The main reason for the delay was marketing. They feel sales will be better. Question is, will they fix the bugs and make more improvements until June? Will people have any money left by June to even buy a new Sims game?

I guess we'll see in a few months.
lavitran
YEAH HELL SIMS 3 VERY NICE
misterXY
Starrfoxx wrote:
The main reason for the delay was marketing. They feel sales will be better. Question is, will they fix the bugs and make more improvements until June? Will people have any money left by June to even buy a new Sims game?

I guess we'll see in a few months.

l just hope it's affordable and awesome. It's been soo long...
Rdogg112
very awsome just saw the trailer
tingkagol
I love the Sims 2, but I got tired of it once you realize you do things over and over and over and over again... even with all the expansions. I just wish its AI could improve. The worst thing about the AI in Sims 2 is when your sim goes on autopilot, he never stops doing certain things (except for eating, bathing, watching tv, etc). A good example for this is playing the piano, or playing chess. He won't stop until he'll drop dead from sleepiness.
andersonic
Starrfoxx wrote:

I will also not be bothering for these reasons. I think they should have just focused on 2. It also carries on when you aren't playing, and the game is just going to be too much hassle for me, it will be a lot of time wasted.
Chris65536
I'm a die-hard Sims fan. So no, I won't be buying Sims 3.

First off, EA and the Sims series have gradually moved towards the "see how many chunks we can break the game into" model. Sometimes, it's fair enough: some things in Sims 2 showed progression, like they tried something, then improved it, then built a game around it (like Apartment Life: first we got University where they tested many Sims on one lot, and a little later improved the AI of NPCs with Open For Business, and finally brought out Apartment Life which tied it all together).

Other times, it's more of a case of "if we sell it separate, you have to spend more". Stuff packs especially: what was wrong with the old system of "This expansion includes x features, and shedloads of content" rather than "This expansion includes x features, and this expanision contains shedloads of content"?

Now, I can see why you would want to release software in bits rather than all at once. For one, the games should be cheaper and have less time between releases, the company gets more money overall and you get new content once the old stuff gets boring. You can even choose to release a game you essentially haven't finished: if you've got a feature you want to include but don't have time or the know-how, then make the game without it and release the feature as an add-on. But there's a limit as to how far you can split it before consumers go "Hey... wait a minute".
misterXY
Chris65536 wrote:
I'm a die-hard Sims fan. So no, I won't be buying Sims 3.

First off, EA and the Sims series have gradually moved towards the "see how many chunks we can break the game into" model. Sometimes, it's fair enough: some things in Sims 2 showed progression, like they tried something, then improved it, then built a game around it (like Apartment Life: first we got University where they tested many Sims on one lot, and a little later improved the AI of NPCs with Open For Business, and finally brought out Apartment Life which tied it all together).

Other times, it's more of a case of "if we sell it separate, you have to spend more". Stuff packs especially: what was wrong with the old system of "This expansion includes x features, and shedloads of content" rather than "This expansion includes x features, and this expanision contains shedloads of content"?

Now, I can see why you would want to release software in bits rather than all at once. For one, the games should be cheaper and have less time between releases, the company gets more money overall and you get new content once the old stuff gets boring. You can even choose to release a game you essentially haven't finished: if you've got a feature you want to include but don't have time or the know-how, then make the game without it and release the feature as an add-on. But there's a limit as to how far you can split it before consumers go "Hey... wait a minute".

Yep. Like EA has gotten horrible for lack of change, what's different then most of the Maddens lately? some new graphics, new roaster... that's it? l dont mean too start a flame war. Then out of nowhere, oo this is awesome.. wait l gotta buy this and this, then later and this.. and this... they're relying on the consumer have no financial skills.
georgeodowd
Glad I stumbled upon this. I was really excited about the Sims 3 based on the trailers, but I didn't know all this biz about no Will Wright, etc. I'm having serious second thoughts now.
Starrfoxx
Due to the economy, I'll be very careful tossing my $50 to EA for this. I am much more impressed by the Galactic Adventures EP for Spore than I am for Sims 3. I really want to like Sims 3, but I am afraid it's just not going satisfy.

In my opinion, the best thing to do is sit back and see how well the game performs with the public and how they fill the game out with expansions.
blk3
Nope, will not buy it. I'm not into these kinds of games. I'm more into games that have progresional levels that goes on till you reach the end of the game. This type of games seems to go on forever.
badboysimp
blk3 wrote:
Nope, will not buy it. I'm not into these kinds of games. I'm more into games that have progresional levels that goes on till you reach the end of the game. This type of games seems to go on forever.

So you play games like WoW and Age of conan?
silverdown
I just got a computer that will run Sim 2..... Sim3 already DANG!
Spartan
I might. Not sure. I thought Sims 2 was alright, my sister loved it though.
amperx
Quote:
So you play games like WoW and Age of conan?

Wow goes on forever even if you have reach the max cap,

as for me, as a fan i'd definitely buy sims 3 Very Happy
on3love
when will sims3 realease?
someone now the exact release date of sims3?
disturbedscape
I didn't even know about sims 3
missdixy
on3love wrote:
when will sims3 realease?
someone now the exact release date of sims3?

It's now being released on June 2, 2009. How lame that they pushed it back so far huh! I was super excited about getting this last month and then....nope. Oh well. Hopefully the game will be absolutely amazing and will make up for this delay.
valadez
Yea it is irritating it's taken so long.
I desperately improved the specs on my pc so I could play it and play it well. Turns out I had a lot more time to work on that Confused
Starrfoxx
The latest news on Sims 3 is that it won't include DRM or online activation, which is a HUGE plus in my book. I may actually change my mind and get it now. It will require the same serial code authorization that Sims 2 did, which probably means it will still have a form of SecuRom on it.

Sims 3 is looking to be good, but I still want to see how it pans out with players before actually getting it. Spore Galactic Adventures looks much better, IMO.
mafialive
I didn't enjoy the Sims 2 I am an old school Sims player and I just don't like the new ones. They become more complicated by each series. I don't plan on buying the new Sims 3 game I might check out some game play footage but that is it. Plus the new Sims 3 won't run well on my computer becuase they usually demand a lot of power from your computer and my computer isn't that up to date.
lethaltriad
i got bored with sims a looong time, not looking forward to this release but i'll check out the reviews. I wish they would make a sequel to theme hospital, i loved that game
mafialive
lethaltriad wrote:
i got bored with sims a looong time, not looking forward to this release but i'll check out the reviews. I wish they would make a sequel to theme hospital, i loved that game

Yeah that was the good thing about the Sims series is that there are expansions so you can get bored, but the problem is it does get a little costly to get all the expansion packs.
imera
I'm not sure if I still wanted to play sims1 when sims2 came along, and I know that if I like sims3 better than 2 then all the ep will be a waste of money, especially since the last one I bought wasn't so long ago, what 1 year or so, and I haven't been playing the game much either.

of course I could buy it and see, maybe I'll go back to the 2nd and give the 3rd to a sister of mine in case I don't like it that much. Maybe it's not any point on buying it since I don't spend so much playing sims.
patchworkepiphany
I'm probably going to try it. I'm a game geek - i'll pretty much try them all Smile I found some gems that way - but i was an old sims fan --- got sims 2 but it wasn't the same. Sims 3 sounds like they added some good features though, though admittedly i havent read more than a few blogs on it so far. As soon as i found out i had months to wait, i moved on for now to newer ones to explore Smile
tingkagol
I just got the game yesterday. It cost me far lesser than I thought. I was thinking it would be around $40 to $50, but I only got it for $25. I played the whole night, and with the little time I played, I quickly realized the following...

PROS:
1) Your sims can now roam anywhere in the neighborhood without you ever seeing a loading screen. I am thouroughly impressed with how you can seamlessly zoom in anywhere (and I mean anywhere) in the neighborhood with just a click of the mouse, a great improvement from the hassle of loading between household and neighborhood views from the previous game.

2) Comfort & Environment are no longer basic needs of your sim (they now come in 'moodlets'), which, by the way, is a good thing since it saves you the hassle of always babysitting your sims just to avoid the negative effects of neglecting their needs. In fact, the sims seem less needy this time around - giving you the time to finally enjoy everything else in the game.

3) Unlike the transition from the original Sims to the Sims 2, this game actually feels NEW after playing the Sims 2 forever. I actually thought it would be the same ol' same ol'.

CONS:
1) Graphics show just a slight improvement from the previous game.

2) If you've played Sims 2 with all the expansions, you won't find a ton of the stuff made available in those expansions in this game (but honestly, if I were to integrate any expansion into this game, it'd only be Seasons & Pets, which really doesn't bother me too much).

VERDICT:
This is the best Sims game. You will gladly leave Sims 2 and all its expansions behind to play this game. In fact, this game makes sims 2 too much of a hassle to ever play again.

5/5
FrightKnight
TheOnionRack wrote:
I have more fun building up amazing houses and buildings than I do actually playing with the families. Weird that. I think the most interesting part of Sims 3 is the idea that you play in one giant lot, so to speak. The annoying part is that your sim's lives carry on even while you are not there. That will cause problems for control freaks like me.

I agree with you. Building houses is a lot more fun than playing in live mode with the family. In our house, I do the house design and my sister play the game.. Talk about team work. Wink
anakin_skyrunner
Yay, I just received the mail from Amazon that the game has shipped today, so it should be here tomorrow! I guess you won't be seeing me around here the next days/weeks - who knows Very Happy
disasters
I have not played it but I try. Someone who has already played with some opinions?
amperx
ima gonna try it out too, and make a review, hopefully this ones a notch from the previous sims Very Happy
chalkpit3
Will Sims3 be any different from Sims2 ? And don't forget the bundles of expansion packs you'll need.
tingkagol
I've been playing the game for a week now (since my last post). It's truly a great game, and the previous games of the series pale in comparison. There are far too many reasons why it's better - and I think it's best experienced by playing and realizing them yourself.

I've noticed a bug though. In-game music turns off after extended play.

Anyway, I might as well talk about my current game. hahaha. I started off with a father and a daughter, and as time went on, the family has expanded to a total of 6 sims: a grandfather, a father & a mother, an adopted daughter, and two twin baby girls born in-game - all under one roof! Smile The family's fortune currently exceeds 100,000$imoleons, and I'm still contructing a luxurious house in the hills for the family to move into and to continue the next string of generations of sons & daughters, etc. lol.

Things I'm looking forward to: The death of the grandfather (he's currently 200 days old, with an excellent writing skill - having written over 20+ novels, and a lifetime wish already achieved by getting $4,000+ weekly royalties from writing those novels), and I can't wait to gain control of the evil twin sister (born with an 'evil' & 'insane' trait).
QrafTee
chalkpit3 wrote:
Will Sims3 be any different from Sims2 ? And don't forget the bundles of expansion packs you'll need.

Sims 3 is like Sims 2 with all the expansion packs with the fat cut out for a more streamlined experience. There are no loading screens in between choosing different places--including another's house--but you still need to baby sit them around the clock... your Sims don't seem to learn or do what is required by themselves as much as I had hoped.
georgeodowd
Is it really true that their lives continue on when you're not playing? So you set up a happy couple and come back a week later and find that they are living in different houses with new people, or they've been fired from those careers you worked so hard on? That would kind of stink. Sad
medesignz
I cant believe this is still available... Do they still talk in their gobbledegook language?
misterXY
medesignz wrote:
I cant believe this is still available... Do they still talk in their gobbledegook language?

yeah, cheapos
Nameless
... Would you rather the Sims repeated some boring and generic conversational phrases hundreds of times over during your game time, or perhaps require ten times as much disc space to house all the different possible conversation starters depending on the topics, moods et al? Rolling Eyes
Starrfoxx
I think Sims 3 will be better once they fix the bugs, fill out the game with expansions, and make all those objects in the Sims 3 store for free.
anakin_skyrunner
It's so much fun, really! Watching the city as it grows by itself is weird though. Suddenly your best friend, neighbor or someone else carries a baby when visiting you, or you get a note that Mr. X has passed away...
Graphics are pretty much the same as in Sims 2, though the Sims look better and are more detailed.
A pretty neat feature is the new positioning thingy, some objects don't need a whole square, e.g. an alarmclock needs less space than the bedside table, theoretically you could put six or nine, I don't know, clocks on it. The same with telephones, lights... You get the idea.
The music is great too, I think it's composed by Steve Jablonsky, the guy who also did Transformers and The Island.
missdixy
I gave it a try -- and even though there are a lot of changes from The Sims 2 that I don't like much I think I'll stick with it. My best friend decided to convert back to TS2 though. I found a pretty good comprehensive list of the changes between the two online for those of you wondering:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/28386.page#198833
catscratches
Seems to be just the same as The Sims 2, which I got bored of in about an hour. Of course my sister bought it right away though. I certainly won't be testing it out.

I seriously don't get the point of it. Yay! I can watch my sims have a completely normal life hour after hour! Then I can order them to take out the garbage! woohoo! This might even be more fun than watching a 2 hour long motion picture of someone doing the laundry.
tingkagol
anakin_skyrunner wrote:
It's so much fun, really! Watching the city as it grows by itself is weird though. Suddenly your best friend, neighbor or someone else carries a baby when visiting you, or you get a note that Mr. X has passed away...
Graphics are pretty much the same as in Sims 2, though the Sims look better and are more detailed.
A pretty neat feature is the new positioning thingy, some objects don't need a whole square, e.g. an alarmclock needs less space than the bedside table, theoretically you could put six or nine, I don't know, clocks on it. The same with telephones, lights... You get the idea.
The music is great too, I think it's composed by Steve Jablonsky, the guy who also did Transformers and The Island.

Haven't had sound problems yet? Tell me if you do. So far, these are my sound problems: Buy/Build modes and music previews from the settings menu DO NOT WORK. And my in-game music (radio stations) play just a few minutes after loading, but it stops entirely afterwards.
traxion
mattyman wrote:
shit game sorry

it's not a shit game
it's maybe not youre genre game..

i cant play the game for hours, but once in a while i can. i also build big houses and then make a fire Twisted Evil

but the game isn't bad
Starrfoxx
Although I would love to try it out, I still have a ton of stuff I haven't done yet in Sims 2 (and I have yet to finish my magic recipe book from Sims 1). I have a ton of games I haven't "finished", so I figure it's time to just stick with them. I know Sims 2 doesn't have an "end", but there are still a lot of features I have yet to explore with the expansions such as all the vacation perks, roommates, magic, hobbies, and maxing an owned business.

By the time I get close to doing that stuff, Sims 3 should have some expansions out (maybe), and we'll see how well it stands the test of time.
vaoger
i buy and played.... it is definitely a worth buying game... in long run..

like what other said... it is incomplete and very buggy..

the game is much better than Sim 2 due to its better polish game play, nice and realistic 3d environment, the trait are better and special. ( sim 2 have customize hair, skin, shirt, furniture but not sim 3, may be is not the time) . the sim 3 have a very good JOB branching and the Kids future is determine but you, how u raise it will affect his/her trait.. cool.

the bad stuff is that, no new cloth, cant buy it at store, buggy ( thief can stole your chess table + chair or table + laptop on it) worst is that the time line way to slow. Not customizable item, only thing that ar customize body hair colour, texture( cloth)... very limited.

my advice ... buy it if you have passion toward the game.,.. if not dont.
coz sim 2.. now... is still the best... (my god.... 13gb =full set + stuff pack)
sourojit
I loved to play sims 2.though for a week or two,then the game becomes a bit boaring.
I do have high high expectation from sims3,heard that this game will provide more freedom.
anakin_skyrunner
vaoger wrote:
i buy and played.... it is definitely a worth buying game... in long run..

like what other said... it is incomplete and very buggy..

the game is much better than Sim 2 due to its better polish game play, nice and realistic 3d environment, the trait are better and special. ( sim 2 have customize hair, skin, shirt, furniture but not sim 3, may be is not the time) . the sim 3 have a very good JOB branching and the Kids future is determine but you, how u raise it will affect his/her trait.. cool.

the bad stuff is that, no new cloth, cant buy it at store, buggy ( thief can stole your chess table + chair or table + laptop on it) worst is that the time line way to slow. Not customizable item, only thing that ar customize body hair colour, texture( cloth)... very limited.

my advice ... buy it if you have passion toward the game.,.. if not dont.
coz sim 2.. now... is still the best... (my god.... 13gb =full set + stuff pack)

I wouldn't say it's incomplete and buggy... Just compare it with the original release of the Sims 2, there weren't much more items... And that time you couldn't just create your own style, so you had to pick one of the 6 colors that you were offered by the game, now there are x different ways... Thus you don't need so many pre-made choices.

And of course you can change the hair, skin, shirt and furniture Rolling Eyes Even in game, if you want to change your hair go to a mirror and select "change style" or whatever it is called in english, and you don't have to go shopping and spend Simleons on cloths, you just go to a wardrobe and "plan" your outfit, you may create up to 3 different outfits for each style (normal, evening, night, etc.).

The thing with the thieves is not a bug, if you go into the building mode you may notice that when you pick up tables (this includes desks and chess boards) that the chairs are selected with it automatically, which is pretty neat actually as you don't have to move every chair separately. Thus thieves also pick up items as a whole.

I think the game itself is better and has more stuff than the original Sims 2 (one cannot compare the Sims 2 + all add-ons and just the Sims 3 Rolling Eyes ).
Starrfoxx
I've actually started to fool around with Sims 3 now. Creating a sim was very interesting because of all the fine tune options for colors, styles, favorite color and music, and voice. When I started playing, I got a little bored though. I'm thinking it's because I just made a test sim. I'm going to try making several sims to fill out the neighborhood and then put a little more effort in it.

I will say that the music options are very limited. I noticed that most of the radio songs were done mostly be the same two artists. The television programming is also very limited.
Starrfoxx
A little "bumpy" to update the thread, since the first expansion pack is going to come out for Sims 3 by the end of the year.

Many are not happy that EA chose the worst selling expansion from Sims 1 and 2 (vacation/bon voyage) and made it the first expansion for Sims 3.

So, we'll be able to take sims on vacations to either China, France, or Egypt. Or, you can go on adventures as part of the job opportunity system already in the base game. It'll be expanded and your company will send you on an adventure to one of the three locations.

The new EP has turned Sims into an RPG, which some like and some don't. It'll be interesting to see what else develops about the EP. The big things being added into the EP is the much wanted "basement tool" for making basements as far as four floors deep, and your sim can be cursed by a mummy. Plus you can turn into a mummy.

There will also be nectar making, martial arts, and photography as new skills and ways to make money.

The expansion is selling for around $40, which is $10 more than what Sims 2 expansions sold for. Some are upset by the price hike, even though EA is giving free simpoints and downloads with the expansions.
sougame
i love the sims but I'm not going i have a problem in my car
sourojit
I have played sims 2 life stories and university .playing Sims is great addiction to me. Though some of my friends say it's a game meant for girls.Never bother am playing sims3 now....
anakin_skyrunner
Starrfoxx wrote:
A little "bumpy" to update the thread, since the first expansion pack is going to come out for Sims 3 by the end of the year.

Many are not happy that EA chose the worst selling expansion from Sims 1 and 2 (vacation/bon voyage) and made it the first expansion for Sims 3.

So, we'll be able to take sims on vacations to either China, France, or Egypt. Or, you can go on adventures as part of the job opportunity system already in the base game. It'll be expanded and your company will send you on an adventure to one of the three locations.

The new EP has turned Sims into an RPG, which some like and some don't. It'll be interesting to see what else develops about the EP. The big things being added into the EP is the much wanted "basement tool" for making basements as far as four floors deep, and your sim can be cursed by a mummy. Plus you can turn into a mummy.

There will also be nectar making, martial arts, and photography as new skills and ways to make money.

The expansion is selling for around $40, which is $10 more than what Sims 2 expansions sold for. Some are upset by the price hike, even though EA is giving free simpoints and downloads with the expansions.

Thanks for the "bumpy" - I would have done it, but I was on vacation you see Wink

Yes, the info you stated pretty much sums everything up, thanks for sharing the news!
ibanezbenz
i love this game, well sort of, its really fun to make cool houses, and families, but after a few weeks i found myself bored, but i do come back to it from time to time, so i still think its worth the money.
malcolmpreen
I must admit I got some good enjoyment out of the game when it first came out - but adding expansion packs, IMHO, ruined the game.

It certainly took a lot of the enjoyment out of it for me....

Maybe Sims2 and Sims3 are better... but I was actually quite happy with Sims1

Malcolm
Starrfoxx
I'm not sure how expansion packs would ruin the game, since you don't have to buy and install them if you don't want to. Sims 2 with Seasons was just amazing. Although Pets could have been better, it still helped to flesh out the game.

I read some interesting information about the tools and objects that will come with the Sims 3 expansion pack, World Adventures. There is a basement tool that allows you to build up to four floors deep. This tool alone is something that Sims 2 never had, so it should be really cool.

Objects that you can use to make your own tombs will be an object fogger, floor switch, wall traps. floor traps, treasure chests, sarcophagus (you can even Woohoo in it), torch lever, pushable statues, hidden stairways, and a dive well. I like the dive well, because you can use it as a "portal" that will connect to another dive well on the same floor elsewhere on the map!

More information and details about these features can be found here: http://kotaku.com/5362601/the-sims-3-world-adventures-goes-underground

With only 2 months left before its release, I'm disappointed that not much as been said about the other two adventure locations: France and China. I hope EA does something remarkable with them. As in Sims 2, I don't see how an expansion pack would make the game worse. Yes, it can add more bugs, but that is stuff that modders can fix. (I have more faith in the modders than EA.)
traxion
ow come on, it's EA and the sims

1 + 1 = 3 for EA with the big $$ $$ eye's

i already now that there will be 5+ expansions packs and that they all will be good for the real sims players
vaoger
even though is $$$ thingy..
but the SIM 3 is a worth to collect and play with all the expansion..
it will be pretty cool if played on an high spec pc...
tofproba
Very good games ..... I playing every day ...... very, very good games
biljap
Few years ago I adored Sims 1 and I was really happy when I installed Sims 3, but I installed it months ago but never played Confused , just tried to see how it looks like. I dont know why, I guess Im starting to realize it is kind of stupid to sit in front of computer and tell my Sim what to do and how to live his life. Id rather live my own.
oly0015
biljap wrote:
Few years ago I adored Sims 1 and I was really happy when I installed Sims 3, but I installed it months ago but never played Confused , just tried to see how it looks like. I dont know why, I guess Im starting to realize it is kind of stupid to sit in front of computer and tell my Sim what to do and how to live his life. Id rather live my own.

^Agree

I ended up getting the game for some reason, guess I just remembered Sims1, game seems a lot like the original but it didn't last long. I played with it a bit so I could mess around with building and etc but in terms of the actual sim I don't really feel like I got my money out of it in the run. So it seems like I think the same about living a sim on the computer as what you said.
Starrfoxx
A huge patch for the base game with tons and tons of fixes and features has been released today along with the World Adventures expansion pack.

Although all the videos I've seen look really good, it doesn't compare to actual playing. I'm curious to see if anyone has it yet and how the new expansion is. Seems like the official BBS is down. Rumors from other sites say that it has been flooded with complaints due the EP not installing correctly if it isn't patched right, or if the DVD region differs from what you have with the base game.
georgeodowd
I'm guessing based on the comments that this might be something worth adding to my Christmas wish list. Wink
anakin_skyrunner
georgeodowd wrote:
I'm guessing based on the comments that this might be something worth adding to my Christmas wish list. Wink

Definitely! Smile
malcolmpreen
For me... expansion packs ruined the game... to explain... the game was good for me... but after the expansion pack there was too much...

The same way the first release of Tetris was very playable, but I didn't get on with the 3D etc etc versions - basically adding features to an already good game spoiled it.

Of course, your mileage may vary.... I was just reporting my feelings....

Malcolm
Starrfoxx
Gamespot has voted "The Sims 3" as best Strategy Game of 2009. I thought you might find this interesting. Link is below:

http://www.gamespot.com/best-of/genre-awards/index.html?page=11
guth75
I have the sims 3 and it's 1st expansion pack. I was addicted to it but I still love sims 2 more than any others Cool
anakin_skyrunner
guth75 wrote:
I have the sims 3 and it's 1st expansion pack. I was addicted to it but I still love sims 2 more than any others Cool

And, how is the expansion pack?
I've heard they're going to release an accessory expansion soon - any news about that?
Starrfoxx
A new movie has been released on the Sims 3 website about the "stuff pack" that is coming out. It is "High End Loft Stuff". The objects look really nice. It would be even nicer if EA fixed the major problem happening with store bought items and their latest patch which doesn't seem to install them via the Sims 3 launcher. There are tons of unhappy people out there. Sims 2 wasn't as complicated.
Starrfoxx
A bit of an update for anyone who is following this thread. There have been two minor patches released from EA since High End Loft Stuff came out, however none of them fix the issue with custom content in the game.

It is unbelievable when you see how many patches you will need to patch this game from first installing Sims 3. I believe there are about 7-8 patches just for Sims 3, about 3-4 for World Adventures, and now 2 for the stuff pack. If this game survives the next several years and has about as many expansion/stuff packs as Sims 2, can you imagine how many patches you'll need just to fix all the bugs?

Although there are some great ideas in Sims 3, it just seems like a royal pain in the behind to get this game to work properly and it just isn't worth the trouble.
ashishmundhra
TheOnionRack wrote:
Starrfoxx wrote:

Wait, what? They will be sporifying it? If it will have the same DRM as Spore, then I will gladly say no. I think EA has really gone down the pan. After Need for Speed ProStreet, I have lost all respect for them as a company. But I still love Maxis, Dice and Criterion for all their great games. I just don't like what EA does to them, like DRM, adverts, microtransactions and so on.

Thanks For The Info
ashishmundhra
traxion wrote:
ow come on, it's EA and the sims

1 + 1 = 3 for EA with the big $$ $$ eye's

i already now that there will be 5+ expansions packs and that they all will be good for the real sims players

Hahahahahaah THAT WAS GOOD ONE
Starrfoxx
Just a bit of an update. I saw someone quoted one of my old entries about the "in game advertisement". EA apparently shot that in the foot, so there is no in game advertisement as was originally talked about.

EA has announced the 2nd expansion pack as being "Ambitions". It's all about following your sim to work, making good or evil choices, and it can affect how the neighborhood operates. Here are a couple links to read:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/EA-Announces-The-Sims-3-bw-4097840193.html?x=0&.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/thesims3ambitions/news.html?sid=6252806&mode=previews

After playing around with the first EP, World Adventures and seeing this new one, it looks like Sims 3 is turning into more of an RPG game. That could be a bad or good thing, depending on how you like to play with your sims. I'm trying to like the game, but it seems less and less like "The Sims" I used to remember with 1 and 2. For some reason, I just can't stay interested in it too long.
Cortni
Me favorit games)))
Excellent amulator.