FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Obama Pro-Palestinian Video

jwellsy
It will be interesting after the election to see the the video on youtube of Obama speaking at a pro-Palestinian event.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2008/oct/media-hides-obama-palestinian-video

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-obama-video_thuoct30,0,744362.story

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-video29-2008oct29,0,7568849.story

Barrak Hussein must be great uniter if he is pro-Isreal (as he now claim to be) but gets invited to speak at pro-Palestinian events.
jmi256
You won't see anything critical of Obama until after the election.
Bikerman
I find it interesting that this should be a big issue (if indeed it is).
I thought official US policy was for a Palestinian homeland, and, if so, then it is hardly surprising that US politicians should be talking to Palestinian groups.
The criticism seems to be that Obama
Quote:
praised a Palestinian scholar who has spoken out for Palestinian rights.

Well, call me naive if you like, but that doesn't exactly seem to be something he should be ashamed of.

It must be different in the US - here in the UK this would not even merit comment.
liljp617
Bikerman wrote:
I find it interesting that this should be a big issue (if indeed it is).
I thought official US policy was for a Palestinian homeland, and, if so, then it is hardly surprising that US politicians should be talking to Palestinian groups.
The criticism seems to be that Obama
Quote:
praised a Palestinian scholar who has spoken out for Palestinian rights.

Well, call me naive if you like, but that doesn't exactly seem to be something he should be ashamed of.

It must be different in the US - here in the UK this would not even merit comment.

Where did you get that idea of official US policy? Perhaps you're right, I don't really know. All I know is our politicians tend to back Israel unquestionably and we give 12% of our total foreign aid to Israel alone. It seems odd this would be the case when our official policy is for a Palestinian homeland...but maybe I'm missing something.
Bikerman
liljp617 wrote:
Where did you get that idea of official US policy? Perhaps you're right, I don't really know. All I know is our politicians tend to back Israel unquestionably and we give 12% of our total foreign aid to Israel alone. It seems odd this would be the case when our official policy is for a Palestinian homeland...but maybe I'm missing something.
I didn't say politicians weren't hypocritical on the issue - they undoubtedly are. I also didn't say that the US is even handed in the matter - it undoubtedly is not.
I simple quoted official US policy. As far as I can tell this was an accurate summary - for example;
http://imeu.net/news/article005061.shtml
Edreams
In Spain, we are with Obama!!
jwellsy
Bikerman wrote:

I thought official US policy was for a Palestinian homeland

The core issue is 'Who should occupy Jeruselum?'.

You are thinking of the 'Roadmap to Peace'.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_map_for_peace
That only goes so far as to have the jews and Palestinians sharing Jeruselum.
But that's not the end of the story.

Do you really think Palestinians, Iran, Russia etc would ever be happy good neighbors only owning part of Jeruselum?

liljp617
Probably happier than they are with their homes bulldozed with no compensation.
Bikerman
jwellsy wrote:
Bikerman wrote:

I thought official US policy was for a Palestinian homeland

The core issue is 'Who should occupy Jeruselum?'.

Err, no, the core issue of this particular debate is whether Obama was wrong to meet, and express support for, a Palestinian intellectual. You should know this, since you started the thread.
To me it is a no-brainer - of course he was not wrong. He has not, to my knowledge, expressed support for a particular solution to the problem and has not, to my knowledge, taken a stance on the issue of Jerusalem. That is not the point. The point is that he is being portrayed as some sort of terrorist sympathiser simply because of his meetings and comments. That, to me, is a rather ridiculous attempt to smear him.
If you want to talk about the wider issues of Palestine and Israel then I am happy to do so - in fact if you check the 'news' forum you will find many postings by me on that issue. This thread is not about the issue itself, merely the portrayal of Obama.
jwellsy
Barack Hussein is a terrorist sympathyser.
Bikerman
jwellsy wrote:

Well, you are entitled to your opinion but unless you have some evidence to support it then don't expect people to take your opinion seriously.
liljp617
jwellsy wrote:

You see why people don't take your kind serious, don't you? Really...you have to see why.