FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Secondary hard drive bad sectors causing problems w/ softwar

Tony The Tiger
My Firefox was corrupted by 12000 bad sectors on my secondary internal hard drive (D: drive). It kept crashing. When I swapped out the drive it started functioning properly. Why would a program installed on the primary hard drive (C: drive) malfunction when the secondary has bad sectors?
Tony The Tiger
It now seems that there is some sort of virus. After a day with the swapped out hard drive with the old files replaced the computer returned to sluggish form. I seem to have obtained a virus from a mixtape that I ripped into iTunes.
ForceRun
A pirate's life is a risky one, most problems with your computer can be avoided simply not by going to strange sites or DL risky files. If your are having hard drive problems or a virus that will effect you whole system sometimes not to much fun. Just DL AVG anti virus and see if that can help. If not run smart hard drive check in BIOS if you know what that is or at least disk checker and see if the physical drive is savable. Then figure the Hard Drive part out and reinstall your system if AVG doesn't fix it.
Tony The Tiger
ForceRun wrote:
A pirate's life is a risky one, most problems with your computer can be avoided simply not by going to strange sites or DL risky files. If your are having hard drive problems or a virus that will effect you whole system sometimes not to much fun. Just DL AVG anti virus and see if that can help. If not run smart hard drive check in BIOS if you know what that is or at least disk checker and see if the physical drive is savable. Then figure the Hard Drive part out and reinstall your system if AVG doesn't fix it.

It turned out to be a Skype incompatibility issue. After two months of checking all kinds of other possibilities, it turned out that when I unistalled Skype everything worked fine.