FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


3 Things That Microsofft Cant Explain Us





kirii
Quote:
1:-An Indian found that nobody can create a FOLDER anywhere on the Computer which can be named as “CON”. This is something funny and inexplicable… At Microsoft the whole Team, couldn’t answer why this happened!TRY IT NOW, IT WILL NOT CREATE A “CON” FOLDER..

2:- Just do the following
1.) Open an empty notepad file
2.) Type “Bush hid the facts” (without the quotes)
3.) Save it as whatever you want.
4.) Close it, and re-open it.
Noticed the weird bug? No one can explain!

3:-Again this is something funny and can’t be explained… At Microsoft the whole Team, including Bill Gates, couldn’t answer why this happened!
It was discovered by a Brazilian. Try it out yourself…
Open Microsoft Word and type
=rand (200, 99)
And then press ENTER And see the magic…..!


Quote:
edit by mOrpheuS - Please use quote tags when posting text copied from elsewhere
mOrpheuS
kirii wrote:
1:-An Indian found that nobody can create a FOLDER anywhere on the Computer which can be named as “CON”. This is something funny and inexplicable… At Microsoft the whole Team, couldn’t answer why this happened!TRY IT NOW, IT WILL NOT CREATE A “CON” FOLDER..

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/74496/en-us

kirii wrote:
2:- Just do the following
1.) Open an empty notepad file
2.) Type “Bush hid the facts” (without the quotes)
3.) Save it as whatever you want.
4.) Close it, and re-open it.
Noticed the weird bug? No one can explain!

http://blogs.msdn.com/michkap/archive/2006/06/14/631016.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/michkap/archive/2006/07/11/662342.aspx

kirii wrote:
3:-Again this is something funny and can’t be explained… At Microsoft the whole Team, including Bill Gates, couldn’t answer why this happened!
It was discovered by a Brazilian. Try it out yourself…
Open Microsoft Word and type
=rand (200, 99)
And then press ENTER And see the magic…..!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/212251
Studio Madcrow
Nice little tricks, though it appears that Microsoft CAN explain all of the above...
ThePolemistis
LOLL... these bugs are old news.
The Indian guy and the Brazilian are a nice little way to add spin to the article.
I think this thread should be deleted for giving false information..loll
badai
if you read the leaked e-mail bill gate sent to ms tech support, you will know there are hundreds of thing ms can't explain. and you also feel like bill gate is the good guy.
kirii
badai wrote:
if you read the leaked e-mail bill gate sent to ms tech support, you will know there are hundreds of thing ms can't explain. and you also feel like bill gate is the good guy.

Oh no really?
try to post it..
I wish to have a look on the email Smile
surdy
Studio Madcrow wrote:
Nice little tricks, though it appears that Microsoft CAN explain all of the above...


hahaha true just some old silly mail which has been doing rounds for dunno how long.

Strange people still take any and every "Facts" mail so seriously.


@ThePolemistis
yeah they just add any random information to make it look interesting ...."indian guy"


@kirii
i guess badai is talking about http://gizmodo.com/5019516/classic-clips-bill-gates-chews-out-microsoft-over-xp
Diablosblizz
Reading the leaked email doesn't sound like Bill at all. I've read tons of biographies that he's written and his "word bank" is much higher than that. This also makes no sense, he appears to be bashing their own website? It makes no sense, so I believe that this "leaked email" is fake.
Star Wars Fanatic
Another thing I'd be curious about that Microsoft could answer is why in the world they make it so friggin hard to develop web sites that work in IE. They seem to change the way CSS is interpreted in every update of IE. IE6 is different then IE7, and it appears IE8 is different then both. Makes me want to ignore IE users, too bad they comprise the majority of users out there...
surdy
Star Wars Fanatic wrote:
Another thing I'd be curious about that Microsoft could answer is why in the world they make it so friggin hard to develop web sites that work in IE. They seem to change the way CSS is interpreted in every update of IE. IE6 is different then IE7, and it appears IE8 is different then both. Makes me want to ignore IE users, too bad they comprise the majority of users out there...


Well thats sad ...true the majority is IE users ...but this is changing ...and changing for better.
Fire Boar
Actually, IE8 is a very good, fast browser. That's coming from a Firefox and Linux user. Anyone who claims otherwise clearly either hasn't actually seen the thing in action, wants to flame Microsoft for everything they make, or both.
Arnie
You might say that because Firefox users aren't used to speedy browsing either... Wink
Ghost Rider103
Fire Boar wrote:
Actually, IE8 is a very good, fast browser. That's coming from a Firefox and Linux user. Anyone who claims otherwise clearly either hasn't actually seen the thing in action, wants to flame Microsoft for everything they make, or both.


No doubt it is fast and smooth, but he was talking about how they change the version of it every time, so most websites will not work properly that worked properly on the previous version of IE.

I downloaded the beta, and just about every website I had to use the page break option to display it correctly. This might be due to it just being the beta, but who knows, I am just saying.

I usually do use IE, well I used to anyways. But it seems like every time I go to my hotmail account, the web browser crashes. So I went to FF and never had a problem. But hopefully IE8 is a different story, I like the look of the Beta version.
imera
Those things are probably old news, and some things just can't be done, apparently they have an explanation.

And about IE and FF, I used IE before and liked it a lot, when I tried FF I founf it difficult and just too strange, but then I used FF more often and found things that I just loved about it, now I hate it whenever things open in IE. If it was possible I would delete or disable the program completely. The newer version might go faster, I don't know since I haven't tried it, but I don't like all about IE
[FuN]goku
Haha, never knew about those things before. But i did know that in Microsoft Excel 97, theres supposed to be some sort of Flight Simulator.
Josso
Actually found the notepad thing quite interesting. I was reading about it and it seems to be a combination of bytes that screws up some encoding algorithm or something. I didn't quite understand it.
mOrpheuS
Josso wrote:
Actually found the notepad thing quite interesting. I was reading about it and it seems to be a combination of bytes that screws up some encoding algorithm or something. I didn't quite understand it.

Unicode characters are exactly as large as two ANSI characters put together.
If all the adjacent pairs of characters in a text file form valid unicode characters ("this app can break") - the encoding detection algorithm isn't able to decide whether the file contains 18 ANSI characters or 9 Chinese (Han) characters.

It's easier to understand if you look at the bytes within the file (say, in Hexadecimal) -
Roman characters,
t = 68
h = 74

Han character,
桴 = 6874

now, the Windows function IsTextUnicode() isn't able to determine if the text is Roman script "th" or as Han script "桴".
When you open such a file in notepad, it invokes this function, which returns a "true". Notepad thus displays the file using Han characters.
Josso
Oh I understand now, thanks. I'm actually surprised that doesn't happen more often but I guess it has to be consistent for the entire contents of the file for it to happen.
hofodomo01
Even programmers like to put in jokes here and there...especially the UNIX ones =/
Blissgene
Ignorance may seem funny sometime. Like the movie "SIGNS" I watched yesterday.
Designerroger
awesome haha this is cool stuff
Related topics
3 things about google
counter strike scource: how to code a door
Student and Teacher Conversation!!
Need Help Yet again :: Comment system, data from 3 tables !!
Quantum Physics
Bible, do you believe it?
DOES GOD EXIST?-- the grand old debate
Cartoons - Australian Team, A bad phase of World Cricket
I'm down a few
Genesis in the spotlight..1
Knowledge and Belief
Religion and Education. Good? or Bad?
Santa vs God
No matter how see it women like a guy who has 2 of these 3
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Operating Systems

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.