FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I cannot stay login ......

tamilparks
My webpage is www.funworld.frih.net while i am login to my account some pictures of the frih is also not viewing.. and when i click the file manger or backup or any think its always asking the user name and password (its going to the direct admin login) i cannot even make the backup, when i give the user name and password int he direct admin login its entering to the folders but when i click the inside folder again its asking the username and password. by using this i cannot even backup please help me
mOrpheuS
tamilparks wrote:
My webpage is www.funworld.frih.net while i am login to my account some pictures of the frih is also not viewing.. and when i click the file manger or backup or any think its always asking the user name and password (its going to the direct admin login) i cannot even make the backup, when i give the user name and password int he direct admin login its entering to the folders but when i click the inside folder again its asking the username and password. by using this i cannot even backup please help me

Are you aware of the Server 2 account migration ?
tamilparks
ok thanks mOrpheuS, i will wait till its moved to server 3, sorry for the mistake i have done
mOrpheuS
tamilparks wrote:
i will wait till its moved to server 3

The account migration was complete long before you posted this.
Are you still having the same problem ?
Diablosblizz
Perhaps it's the cookies from the previous server that could be messing you up. Try deleting your cookies (private data) and see if that fixes anything.

Good luck.
deanhills
I have the exact same problem. Deleting cookies does not work at all. I am certain it has to do with the settings of my computer and am hoping that someone else may have had this dilemma as well. Everything works well at work when I log into Frihost, but at home I get kicked out more often than I can deal with. At the bottom of the page where it indicates who are online, I am listed as being online, when I am not.

Recently I also had to get a new Norton Antivirus software package, and then when I had to upload about 8MB of updates with my dial-up account, I got kicked out almost constantly, and I suspect the exact same thing must have happened. Norton thought I was downloading, but I had been kicked out and nothing was being downloaded. Last night I sat for hours, being challenged and tickled by this problem and bit by bit downloaded everything. After I had downloaded everything and Norton on my computer was up to date again, surprisingly, the Norton LIve kicked in automatically. So that connection must be running OK. Bizarre!

I have reset all my Internet settings, done the cookie thing, and am now convinced it must have something to do with my registry.

Anyway, this is a 2001 computer, and decided to purchase a new one as the USB connections are completely antiquated and am constantly having problems with hooking up external hard drives, or my printer. Am getting a broadband service at the same time and will be an interesting experience at home. Still, can't get over it, as like to solve problems like these, and I am almost certain there is a solution, but perhaps I will miss out on it this time round Smile
tamilparks
still the same problem, even my backups are not in my file manager?
deanhills
tamilparks wrote:
still the same problem, even my backups are not in my file manager?

Me too. I got a brand-new computer, still with dial-up, and was hoping to be OK then, but am still kicked out as I have been with my old computer. I can almost put my head on a block that it has to do with the new Frihost server settings, that is in conflict with my Dial-up Internet Provider. As my problems started immediately after the first changes and notifications from Frihost.

At work I have no problems with postings, and must say I miss the old days when I could post at night. I am trying to get ADSL though, however it is not as easy to get here as in the rest of the world. So maybe one day I will do my late-night postings again.
tamilparks
till now the same problem is for me, shall i know whether the problem is rectified?
deanhills
Try Mozilla Firefox instead of Internet Explorer for your browser. When I got my new computer, the computer geek who sold it to me and set up the system also supplied Mozilla Firefox for my browser, in addition to Internet Explorer. Two days ago I must have clicked something and all of a sudden was using Mozilla Firefox. Tonight I thought of testing Mozilla Firefox with Frihost to see whether it makes a difference, and now with my third posting and many more screens, am still logged in. Really happy about it.
tamilparks
ok thanks i will try deanhills
tamilparks
mOrpheuS wrote:
tamilparks wrote:
i will wait till its moved to server 3

The account migration was complete long before you posted this.
Are you still having the same problem ?

ya the same problem always its going to the direct admin login page please help me, even i cannot create the database also