FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What can you see out of your window when you're posting?

watersoul
My laptop is usually on my desk in front of my bedroom window, so when I'm posting here, the picture below is the view I get when I look up. Not a very pretty sight I'll admit, although I live in a beautiful area, my home is in the "less expensive" part of town and I have to walk a good 5 minutes to get to the beaches.

...would be really interesting to see what fellow Frihoster's from all over the world are looking at when you give your eyes a break from the screen??

eznet
Window? I am looking at my cubicle wall @ work Smile

TomS
Right now, I don't see anything. It's dark outside. I will make a picture tomorrow^^
Futile
Window? Window? What window? Do they build buildings now with windows all I can see are cube walls and if I stand up I can see my less then beautiful co-worker whose cube is decorated with Pomeranians and teddy bears.
watersoul
I'm sorry people! I've worked in a chicken coop/cubicle maze myself so I know the feeling, if you can get pictures up of even your own little box I still think it would be really good to see them - We all read our posts but to know the environment they came from would be so cool I reckon Smile
ainieas
I'm on the tenth floor. Right outside my window is my hostel mate's window since we live in a college dorm. If I look down below there's the swimming pool. I'll try to put up a picture in the morning. Its all dark now.
Diablosblizz
My computer is right beside a Window, although I don't see much other than my neighbours houses. It's neat to watch the leaves fall, and for the day to unfold.
ftv_flung
It's nearly 9pm... blinds are closed in my room but it's dark outside anyway... maybe I'll post when it's lighter hehe.
Tumbleweed
We keep the PC in what used to be a pantry under the stairs, theres one small window with frosted glass... I cant see the outside world at all Crying or Very sad
SpellcasterDX
Just cars in parking spaces. lol
coolclay
All you poor people! I see the ocean and palm trees. I'd get a picture but my internet connection isn't good enough to upload pictures.
j_f_k
Currently sitting in a basement flat - window to my right with a view of a small airwell so not exactly exciting but better I suppose than no window at all.
TomS
Here we go. Nothing special

Alaskacameradude
Ahh, let's see if I can figure out how to post a pic, you guys might like to see the glacier out my window....course it's dark here in Alaska, I'll see what I can do tomorrow....
TomS
Alaskacameradude wrote:
Ahh, let's see if I can figure out how to post a pic, you guys might like to see the glacier out my window....course it's dark here in Alaska, I'll see what I can do tomorrow....

Copycat Wink

You have to upload your picture somewhere (e.g. tinypic.com) and then copy and paste the bb-code, they'll show you.
Tadtoad
I see the dorm building of the graduate student in my former University. Plus a KFC...me hungry!
TheOnionRack
I see a scrap of my garden, and then the side of the neighbour's house. But I get the sun all day, which is nice. Very Happy
Arty
TheOnionRack wrote:
I see a scrap of my garden, and then the side of the neighbour's house. But I get the sun all day, which is nice. Very Happy

Omg! Same!! =P
mattyj
I see the beach Smile

We live about 2 mins walk from the beach (for now, we are moving in about 6 weeks, but we are moving right near a very nice river)

That is Lake Tyers Beach, in far east victoria, australia
mattyj
And when at work, i see this from my office window

raine dragon

I live on the 6th floor, so I see a lot of birds too. ^^; This is the view from the desk in my bedroom in my dorm-appartment building.
Jinx
I'm a long haul truck driver, and I drive as part of a team with my husband, so every time I look up from my computer I see something different... from truck stop parking lots to warehouse docks to desert vistas to primordial wilderness to traffic choked city streets to breath-taking mountains to flat boring farmland to haze shrouded city skylines.

I love my job Smile
Blaster
mattyj wrote:
I see the beach Smile

We live about 2 mins walk from the beach (for now, we are moving in about 6 weeks, but we are moving right near a very nice river)

Thats a real pretty picture. It looks weird with no cars or anything like that near.
mattyj
Blaster wrote:
mattyj wrote:
I see the beach Smile

Thats a real pretty picture. It looks weird with no cars or anything like that near.

Hah i didnt even notice there were no cars...I guess they are all in the driveways, and we dont get much traffic, its a very quiet No Through Road
hlavco
My window is behind me. But the shades are usually closed because I don't bother opening them when I wake up. So I don't really see anything.
kristi01
it's dark right now so i see a lamp post

But in the early hours around 5am i can see trees, now changing colors Red, Orange, Yellow and a bit of Green.

and the sunrise. Wish i had a camera!
mgeek
I have my computer in the living room away from the windows. Whenever I post here, all I see beyond the computer screen is the TV set which I turn on. Right now, I see a rerun of a Buffy the Vampire episode.
ocalhoun
All I can see is snow outside the window... There's a blizzard today!
achowles

Oh well. I guess I should have answered this earlier in the day. We live and learn.
gugusm
Well, right now when I'm sitting in front of my PC, I can only see sky Wink because I've got those roof windows. But when I stand up, I can see some neighbour's houses, nothing special... Sky is better Wink
kirii
I can only see a group of people..
well,Im in CC now.. Very Happy
standready
[quote="achowles"]
quote]
Here too! But I can hear my stupid neighbor's boy and friends trying to play music in their garage. 3 year olds could do better than these college age jerks.
Faraz
Can't see any thing, because it's dark. =) But I am sure there are a few rats outside.
Formiller53
I'm usually looking at my cubicle at work Smile. I'll post a picture a little bit later.

Formiller~
jsfdan
I am looking at a curtain.
Donutey
I don't have a current picture, but in about a month or so it will look like this:

winmark
All i can see is the dust on my window .. nothing else. umm maybe i need to clean it Embarassed
Sphaerenkern
A forest of fir trees Very Happy When I sit at my desk, I stare directly on a bunch of fir trees. When the window is opened, I can hear the horses nicker... Smile
nosnhoj909
some random bush with a family of squirrels plotting ways to mucnh my brain out of my head as i stare at them day after day.
arquivo
How can I insert some picture here? Somebody would like to help me about it?

This is a very nice ideia for a post, i really like when i can see different places around the world and i enjoy this kind of imaginary journey by the pictures... well, i thing i can find how to insert images in some place in the site, but i will be happy if somebody solve this problem to me by a faster way, i mean, teatching how to do, then i will put a picture from my window here...
watersoul
Hi arquivo,

I guess you have frihost server space to use, so upload your picture there (or anywhere on the internet really), and when you make your post, type the address like the black text in the image below using the instructions in the blue text.

I'm really interested to see your view from Brazil so I hope you can figure it out, I'm sure there's a few more people out there thinking the same thing Smile
Donutey
Aww, no more, I was hopping some more people had posted since last week, it's really interesting to see different parts of the world on a day to day basis.
mattyj
Donutey, that picture you posted is gorgeous!

I have only seen snow once in my lifetime! Sad
deanhills
I have drapes that are permanently closed in my computer room at home as I am usually only home at night. But even if the windows were open, I probably would be completely immersed and not notice what is going on outside. Right now is a different situation, as I am in South Africa, at a Bed and Breakfast at the Airport, and the Internet Room is right by the front door. So I see caterers coming in and new guests arriving.
Zombie
I see the college campus. It's a very nice looking place. Very scenic, and green.
Cove
I see the parking lot of my dorms. Pretty boring. I do have a tree outside though. The other night there was a raccoon sleeping in the top. I'm on the third floor and he was directly outside my window so I'm not really sure how he got down.
iyepes
I have a wonderful sight of my city from the place I am working. It is not actually a window, but a balcony, since I work from home part time.

It is dark now, but in the morning it is really good. My camera is so bad taking night pictures, so I will put an old picture taken from my balcony. I hope you like it.

Smile

Hammy
Wow, you all have great pictures. Especially Donutey. I wish i lived there, we dont get much snow here anymore Sad .. winters are getting warmer n warmer =[ damn global warming.

I wld take a pictures, but i shall paint it in your imagination...

Imagine a Brick... With anouther brick next to it, and one on top, and on top of that one...
Yes, it's a wall.. across the road. just more houses. Nothing special =[
soljarag
Cool pictures guys

I have blinds on my window, so I can only see out the top of the window where its arched.. so all i see are clouds Smile
PatTheGreat42
Nothing. The blinds are closed.
andredesignz
well i can see a Plum tree through my window when am posting
Radar
Where I am right now, there are no windows to look out of. There are large glass doors/windows, but they're covered up by something outside.
ocalhoun
This is what it looked like when I first saw the topic, I just now got the pictures uploaded.

Yes, it already looks like that outside. That's the Dakotas for you.
The fun part that doesn't show in the pictures is that there is 40 to 50 mph winds.
kishan
i m using my pc near to window ...and near to my house there is 1 railway station....so i can c train nw....
kishan
Friends ,,,i m posting here at this monent monkeys are jumping over my window and then go to terrace.....
kishan
So what r u saying friends...here i can see BSNL tower is under construction coz network is not powerful....
scotty
I can see a laneway next to my house. Boring.
loonix
achowles wrote:

Oh well. I guess I should have answered this earlier in the day. We live and learn.

Rofl, we must live close to each other :p
apple
achowles wrote:

ahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

omg!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa
Quiviro

My window is at my right when I'm typing and this is what I see. A small street in a big city.
Donutey
mattyj wrote:
Donutey, that picture you posted is gorgeous!

I have only seen snow once in my lifetime! Sad

The awesomeness of so much snow is equally offset by it being so cold and windy during the winter, especially walking to class during the school year Rolling Eyes ...
torboxz
All that I can see is my whiteboard with all those due dates staring back at me. It's kinda creepy, seems like every date is holding a harpoon aiming at me. Shocked Ready to kill me whenever they got the chance.
flyfamilyguy
TomS wrote:

That pic cannot be Germany can it? It looks more like the middle east.
Kaseas
Just some trees.
Insanity
The other side of the apartment complex and a long busy street. It's also extremely noisy.
biljap
I used to be able to see street, I liked that a lot… Now I can see only yard, nothing special... Sad

At my work, I sit close to windows, and I am on the fourth floor, so I can see a lot – several streets, people, buildings… it’s nice when it’s dark, especially now when Christmas is coming and everything is so nice and shining! Very Happy
watersoul
Little update, this is what I see when I'm wasting time at work between appointments hehe Very Happy

...such a tidy desk, hmm not really busy today obviously!
Jaan
i'm in a basement Razz... but theres a little window but its winter so i cant see outside cause the snow covers the window Sad
TomS
flyfamilyguy wrote:
TomS wrote:

That pic cannot be Germany can it? It looks more like the middle east.

It actually is in germany. But there are way worse buildings in this country and even in this town.

btw I shot this picture with my webcam which is not so good. So maybe the building looks more rundown than it is actually.
loyal
Peace.

I look out and the window, and eternity looks back. An endless sky cloaked in cloud, surrounded by the light of the sun, with a gentle breeze drifting it. The silence is like a siren's song, beckoning me to shout and break the peace. But I fear the deadly wrath of the evil librarian woman, who lurks on ahead in the shadows, who bides her time, waiting for the next victim. As the trees sway with the wind, I reflect on how we are bound to this earth by gravity, and I must repress my desire to fly away...and be free
watersoul
loyal wrote:
Peace.

I look out and the window, and eternity looks back. An endless sky cloaked in cloud, surrounded by the light of the sun, with a gentle breeze drifting it. The silence is like a siren's song, beckoning me to shout and break the peace. But I fear the deadly wrath of the evil librarian woman, who lurks on ahead in the shadows, who bides her time, waiting for the next victim. As the trees sway with the wind, I reflect on how we are bound to this earth by gravity, and I must repress my desire to fly away...and be free

Oh my gosh Loyal, thats sooo beautiful and deep and poetic Smile

...and funny as well lol, I met a few evil librarian women at university, think its part of their job description!! Laughing
loyal
watersoul wrote:
loyal wrote:
Peace.

Oh my gosh Loyal, thats sooo beautiful and deep and poetic Smile

...and funny as well lol, I met a few evil librarian women at university, think its part of their job description!! Laughing

Lol...I was in a funny mood when i wrote that.
I agree with you on the librarian women thing...although i do know this quite nice librarian woman. So i guess it puts a dent in our "all librarian women are evil" theory. awww...and i had such high hopes for that theory too. lol joking
Peace.
Zombie
I see the college campus, my window overlooks the main college area, great view
Kaseas
achowles wrote:

Lol, same. Guess I really shouldn't answer at night though...
arquivo
oh, i need to learn how to put some picture here... this is a good topic
Right now, looking out my window i cant see much, because its dark, its almost midnight here...but I want come back and put the picture, it´s better then just describe the scene...
PennyLane

It's dark now, it's has been snowing last night. But it's almost all gone by now. You can see the reflection in the window from my flowery curtain Smile You can also see that the lights are on at my neighbour's... Very interesting pic :p
Insanity
I also see a whole lot of blackness.
Deathspawn989
Nothing, I'm in a basement, so all I see is my TV, Entertainment Center, and all the rest of my things.
MarzEz
does no-one see anything particularly interesting?
i see an old sailing dinghy on it's side wedged between a tree and a fence...
such a beautiful tree.
the whole scene is covered in a gold glow because it is sunset...
Ghost900
Right now I can't see anything outside my window, its too dark.

In the day I can see a pine-tree and snow. Sad (I don't want to see snow.)
hamza1122
All i can see is this huge massive tree. lol and just parts of a house in between the gaps.
Moshkin_Khan
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/1246/moresnowvs9.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6540/snowsnowsnowei6.jpg

Okay, I'm lying, Thats one of 2 times that its snowed here in the south of england, Its never as good looking as that. But I lovvvee the snow. =]
One is my back garden and the other just the area above it.
jsarnold
Bit gloomy today, but here's my view. I back on to a school, which means that it's quite peaceful most of the time, and like a warzone every now and then.

hypnotize191
I see...NOTHING! lol... Im a rather dark person =P. I have the blinds down because my monitor is right in front of my window, and if the sun gets through its really blinding =P.
Dark_Jedi06
I have no camera at the moment, but outside my dorm window is the grotesque and dirty city of New Brunswick, New Jersey...I try to avoid looking out the window. Razz
stel4e
I really don't have camera right now, but what you can see from the window in front of me is a lot, really A LOT of snow Smile woowww ... and the day before it was so sunny and warm.... I just can't believe what happened to the weather Smile Smile
loyal
stel4e wrote:
I really don't have camera right now, but what you can see from the window in front of me is a lot, really A LOT of snow Smile woowww ... and the day before it was so sunny and warm.... I just can't believe what happened to the weather Smile Smile

That's global warming for you! You'd think with it being called global warming, things would just get hotter. But nope, the weather goes crazy lol.

Peace.
Xanatos
loyal wrote:
stel4e wrote:

That's global warming for you! You'd think with it being called global warming, things would just get hotter. But nope, the weather goes crazy lol.

Peace.

It probably doesn't have anything to do with global warming. Many places experience this kind of weather all the time. Where I live, in the middle of southern california, the weather jumps around all the time. Global Warming is hyped up too much and applied to to many situations where it shouldn't be.
missdixy
I see other people's windows. Yup. It kinda sucks, I never eve get any sun in here. So it goes eh!
sw0277
I see a big back yard with a barn and child's playground. Lol. Not really your ideal view but it works for me.
spring567
My work place .

ankitdatashn
Well I see people roaming in the corridors of my company, thats the usual seen one can get at this time of anyday.
Libby
A really big house, about twice of any of the other houses in this neighborhood, which is mostly made up of Victorian townhouses with small backyards. My sisters and I have called it "The Mansion" for as long as I can remember, but it's really not THAT big. An orthodontist lives there I think. They have their own tennis court and I've heard there's an indoor swimming pool too. The yard is full of nice big trees that are beautiful in the summer.
tony
NIght time outside so it is quite boring. No need for me to post the darkness ;P
Josso
At the moment... I'm at college and I can see the trees and a rare gem: sunshine.
Melacos
I basically see another part of the apartment complex I live in. Nothing special at all... Though if I move a little backwards and look out the window from a different angle, I'm able to see several horses walking around on a nearby ranch - this is really soothing when stressed out or something; definitely recommendable...!
carlospro7
I don't have any windows in my current office Sad If I posted a picture you'd just see a wall.
Vladalf
I see my garden, wich is just waking up from it's long sleep, I see the neighbour's hut, I see the other neighbour's hut, I see the garbage on the street, I see the garbage on the other street, and I see the villa neighbourhood.
sondosia
My street. Pretty boring if you ask me. =)
Donutey
sondosia wrote:
My street. Pretty boring if you ask me. =)

You seem to have forgotten to post a picture. Rolling Eyes
Deathspawn989
An ugly curtain and Styrofoam. (I live in a basement.)
ciureanuc

Bucharest - Romania - Eastern Europe.
I'm living in a workers neighborhood. The rent is average (there are worse places and there are better places).
ciureanuc
it's ok.
ankitdatashn
their is a window and doors out here but all are closed. So alas no view for me!! Sad
la_Duchess
Right noe believe it or not I see fricken snow! April 6 and we have snow!!!
andersonic
Fields and a woods. A normal woods, not a creepy kind Sad
watersoul
ciureanuc wrote:

Bucharest - Romania - Eastern Europe.
I'm living in a workers neighborhood. The rent is average (there are worse places and there are better places).

Good one for posting the pic Smile
It's so cool actually seeing all the different places we all post from, love to see more - even if it is just a wall!
snowynight
I can see nothing but actually my office has buidings all around.
So I can only see buildings and some trees.
Helios
Somewhere in the outskirts of Tel-Aviv, Israel.
Beautiful weather today, I should go out Razz

bigt
I actually don't usually have a window to look out when I'm posting in the forums. However, today I can see the sun shining and the rest of the neighborhood. What a nice Easter day.

[quote="watersoul"]My laptop is usually on my desk in front of my bedroom window, so when I'm posting here, the picture below is the view I get when I look up. Not a very pretty sight I'll admit, although I live in a beautiful area, my home is in the "less expensive" part of town and I have to walk a good 5 minutes to get to the beaches.

...would be really interesting to see what fellow Frihoster's from all over the world are looking at when you give your eyes a break from the screen??
TurtleShell
I post in different places. I post on the bus to work (get on the wifi of houses and buildings as I pass by), I post at work (I look out and see the ridiculously idyllic college campus where I work), I post at home and see my neighbors and manager walking past my apartment. I live in California now. It's usually sunny.
spring567
I want to see more pictures from different places. So just post your photos freely.
JBotAlan
Right now, it is kind of gloomy outside. I'm in a lecture at the moment, so the view is not that great...

But I went outside early on when we had a ton of snow and took a bunch of pictures. Here's one of them.

This is pretty representative, from what I understand, of the average winter here in Houghton, MI.

Typically, if I'm in my room, I don't see much of the outside...I just close the curtains.
Parkour_Jarrod
I finally got around to this after following this topic for ages...

This is what i see, view from my bedroom at my desk with my laptop (im sitting in chair when i took shot)

Flakky
The bank across the road, nothing special but I can enjoy it from time to time. No big buildings or so and the sky can be beautiful at sunset.
Donutey
iyepes wrote:
I have a wonderful sight of my city from the place I am working. It is not actually a window, but a balcony, since I work from home part time.

It is dark now, but in the morning it is really good. My camera is so bad taking night pictures, so I will put an old picture taken from my balcony. I hope you like it.

Smile

That is an awesome view, the land is so flat where I live it gets boring very quickly...
airh3ad
Nothing interested here just my desktop computer ive seen here with my c0mputer table and other things. My left side is our window if you look outside some trees and rocky road.
furtasacra
I see trees, the street in front of my house, my ferns, and a hellish crop of weeds that's been growing out of control since some crackhead stole my lawnmower.

[/img]
mwsupra
Sad to say my yard is worse Shocked
furtasacra
mwsupra wrote:
Sad to say my yard is worse Shocked

Oh, my. I blame it on the economy. I have to work all the time to just barely get by, and even if I could afford to buy a new lawnmower, I don't have time to do the yardwork right now anyway.

Besides, right now I need a MACHETE, not a lawnmower...
skygaia
just some buildings and some trees.... nothing special.
watersoul
Apologies for "poking a dead topic with a stick", but my window view has changed since my original post so I thought it was worth sharing...

...still really interested in seeing anyone else's from other parts of the Frihost world Smile
Bikerman
Nothing at all. I use the computer in my studio (large room in the house) and I keep the curtains drawn - partly to kill a bit of extra noise but mostly to stop likely-lads having a look through the window and deciding to come a relieve me of a few grands worth of kit.
If I open the curtains there is a busy road outside.
Here's where I am
watersoul
"Bikerhome" looks pretty nice fella.
I know one should apparently not "covet thy neighbours van", but I am right now, want one! Laughing
Bikerman
watersoul wrote:
"Bikerhome" looks pretty nice fella.
I know one should apparently not "covet thy neighbours van", but I am right now, want one! Laughing

Which one? The big one or the little one? Smile
The big one is fitted out for weekend trips to dog agility shows around the country. My wife runs our dogs most weekends, so I thought it reasonable that she should have something with at least a modicum of comfort. I've built 4 kennel/crates into the back for the dogs and it has the normal stuff - a shower, toilet, TV, blown heating, cooker, fridge etc..
I seem to remember we paid 7 grand (sterling) for it 3 years ago and considered it a bargain at the time (it was advertised at 12, but the dealer needed shut of it because he had new stock coming in).
It has proved to be a good buy, with just routine servicing - no major dramas.
watersoul
The big Iveco definitely!
Sounds a really nice set-up there, I've been thinking for ages about getting a cheap long wheel based Transit and converting it myself, will certainly do it one day though as I've got a bit of gypsy traveller mindset inside me.

...for now though I shall just continue quietly coveting yours! Lol
standready
A bunch of trick or treaters walking up my walkway. Little demons! Happy Halloween!
c'tair
I can see a part of Queensborough Bridge and a part of the Manhattan skyline. Plus some apartments.

I really wish I had more trees around the area Sad
watersoul
standready wrote:
A bunch of trick or treaters walking up my walkway. Little demons! Happy Halloween!

Thats nice Smile ..didn't get one trick or treater here tonight, but then the house looks pretty spooky in daylight so maybe it put them off!

c'tair wrote:
I can see a part of Queensborough Bridge and a part of the Manhattan skyline. Plus some apartments.

Sounds pretty interesting, and as I've never crossed the Atlantic, any chance of a pic?
deanhills
c'tair wrote:

I really wish I had more trees around the area Sad
I thought you lived in Poland! Smile You must be a little like me, a wanderer, but wow, must be great to be living in the Big Apple!

I have no view presently, alas, as I have very thick curtains in my Town House here in to the UAE that I keep closed year-round mostly for environmental reasons to keep the dust and sun out. I live in a compound and when I am at my computer, if I do open the curtains it will be a view of the top of my and my neighbour's car ports, and the entrance to the swimming pool opposite my town house.
maplecity
Horses,a donkey, cow, car
Flakky
Bikerman wrote:
Nothing at all. I use the computer in my studio (large room in the house) and I keep the curtains drawn - partly to kill a bit of extra noise but mostly to stop likely-lads having a look through the window and deciding to come a relieve me of a few grands worth of kit.
If I open the curtains there is a busy road outside.
Here's where I am

So if I want to relieve some stuff I should go to the location you marked on Google Maps and look for closed curtains? Razz
soljarag
i see a parkinglot and lots and lots of trees.

I also see everyone coming inside the building because my office is near the entrence door. I have floor to celing windows and they are tinted so no one can see in at all, but i can see out.. its pretty fun to watch people
ankitdatashn
They say a picture says a thousand words, right now I don't have a picture with me of what I can see outside my window and neither do I prefer to write lengthy thousand words so I prefer to write the summary instead Smile .

Outside I can see a main road's T intersection where all the hustle bustle keeps me active all the day, plenty of housing towers can be seen all spread apart. If I bend my neck a little outside the window the airport catches my attention. Even while I am resting in the drawing room the airplanes keeps my imagination high Smile

That's my window life! Smile
watersoul
maplecity wrote:
Horses,a donkey, cow, car

That sounds pretty nice, I'd like to see that outside my window Smile

ankitdatashn wrote:

...Outside I can see a main road's T intersection where all the hustle bustle keeps me active all the day, plenty of housing towers can be seen all spread apart...

Excellent for people watching.

soljarag wrote:
i see a parkinglot and lots and lots of trees.

I also see everyone coming inside the building because my office is near the entrence door. I have floor to celing windows and they are tinted so no one can see in at all, but i can see out.. its pretty fun to watch people

Even better for people watching if you can't be seen! Laughing
adri
If I watch outside right now, I see the garden. If I walk to the front of the house and open the door, I have a panoramic view over the nearby town (with the church etc.) and if you watch a little bit farther you can see a forest (not like a forest forest with rain and such but just a forest with trees (mostly beeches)) of around 5000ha. Smile

If I have some time I will definitely take a picture (although for me it isn't so special Razz ).

adri
watersoul
adri wrote:
If I watch outside right now, I see the garden. If I walk to the front of the house and open the door, I have a panoramic view over the nearby town (with the church etc.) and if you watch a little bit farther you can see a forest (not like a forest forest with rain and such but just a forest with trees (mostly beeches)) of around 5000ha. Smile

If I have some time I will definitely take a picture (although for me it isn't so special Razz ).

adri

Would love to see a picture Smile

Right now, for me, I have no window. I'm working in a box/cave office today and this is the lovely view in front of me lol
adri
Well here you go:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii177/adrirules/Photoshop/deletedthislinkforprivacyissuesifyoustillwanttoseethelinksendmeapm.jpg

I'm not using the image-tags because the photo is to big (3600x2700px) and I'm too lazy to crop it. Razz

PS: I changed the photo a bit in Photoshop to create a autumnfeeling :p

adri
watersoul
^^ @adri - That looks a lovely place, and a million times better than my view today, nice one for sharing
CheDragon
I can see some plants
watersoul
CheDragon wrote:
I can see some plants

Any particular type? Trees, flowers, grass, weeds, bushes, fruits etc, or even cannabis plants maybe? Lol Laughing
Insanity
I can see lots of very angry people outside shouting about something. I think they are a couple from across the street who are hosting some party and they might have had too much too drink, hence they sound rather intoxicated. They may be having some trouble with unwanted guests at their party. I really hope they stop shouting so loud though, because the cops might show up and that would be bad news for everyone around. Actually, it would make for an entertaining show, so I hope they keep it up. It just happened that this is the one interesting thing that has happened to me when I'm looking out my window, and it was when I came across this topic.
watersoul
Insanity wrote:
I can see lots of very angry people outside shouting about something. I think they are a couple from across the street who are hosting some party and they might have had too much too drink, hence they sound rather intoxicated. They may be having some trouble with unwanted guests at their party. I really hope they stop shouting so loud though, because the cops might show up and that would be bad news for everyone around. Actually, it would make for an entertaining show, so I hope they keep it up. It just happened that this is the one interesting thing that has happened to me when I'm looking out my window, and it was when I came across this topic.

That's quite an interesting show you have outside your window!
I've usually lived in or close to the center of town and drunken disputes can be quite funny to watch, as long as no-one gets hurt of course.
cstuts
Big garden, and some fenced army territory.
gh0strec0n_legit
I see some trees and some buildings and lots of snow. Too much snow in the NY area lately, anyone else want it?
menino
I see some old buildings which is close to my office building, and in the backdrop, I see the new tall buildings.
I also see the cars on the road, and people walking on the streets.

I also see the sky, and today is cloudy, so I'm seeing the clouds as well.

Right now there is construction going on on the footpaths, to refurbish the streets, so there are those small bobcat cranes that are breaking the roads, to renovate it.

All in all, its a nice view, and takes your mind off your current workload.
LostOverThere
I can see for miles upon miles from here. Trees, hills, and some houses scattered in between. Smile
ms_j
Laughing nothing. I can't see a window, as a matter of fact.

A question for the original poster: why did you assume we are working in front of a window? Very Happy
I have window on my right side at work. But the glass is blurry, so I don't see anything there ether. Rolling Eyes
watersoul
ms_j wrote:

A question for the original poster: why did you assume we are working in front of a window? Very Happy
I have window on my right side at work. But the glass is blurry, so I don't see anything there ether. Rolling Eyes

Answer from the original poster:

I guess I just assumed that most of us are in a room with a window usually, I know some are not and my current windowless office at work demonstrates it well enough to me these days.
I have to say though, if the topic had been "what is the colour of the wall in front of you when you're posting?", it probably would have ended up a rather boring thread and not reached 5 pages! Lol Laughing
standready
I can see nothing out my windows as they are either covered with snow or 'white out' conditions from the blizzard. I really hate having to shovel 3 feet of snow off the drive.
Blaster

This is outside of my dorm room. We have about a foot of snow on the ground.

That is outside of the library

In case your wondering I attened Penn State University
watersoul
Cool pic's, nice one for sharing them...glad it's not that cold here though!
day_and_night
pitch black! i see nothing out of my window. the only time i get to post is at night and on rare occasions early in the morning so aside from pitch black, blue sky, trees and other things with bright colors =]
deanhills
ms_j wrote:
Neither can I. I actually prefer it that way. When I'm working on the computer I'm focussed on the little square screen in front of me. I sometimes can hear noises such as children playing, or I may be listening to some nice music, but there is nothing scenic outside. Wait a minute, maybe there is. Tonight is a glorious evening outside. Spring has arrived in the Middle East, and the sky looked quite brilliant, and sliver of a moon quite awesome. If I could photograph that, I would have. Very Happy
watersoul
deanhills wrote:
ms_j wrote:
Neither can I. I actually prefer it that way. When I'm working on the computer I'm focussed on the little square screen in front of me. I sometimes can hear noises such as children playing, or I may be listening to some nice music, but there is nothing scenic outside. Wait a minute, maybe there is. Tonight is a glorious evening outside. Spring has arrived in the Middle East, and the sky looked quite brilliant, and sliver of a moon quite awesome. If I could photograph that, I would have. Very Happy

Try to get a pic up if you can, even if it's something grainy on a cheap mobile phone?
I'm always interested in seeing other folks view from other parts of the world.

I know what you mean about capturing the moon in a pic though, it always looks like a tiny speck without a decent zoom. The best pic I've ever got was by carefully holding my camera to my sons cheap telescope:

standready
Here is what I was looking on Wednesday.

Of course, I started shoveling, then 'lake effect' snow came adding another 4 inches in 2 hours.
deanhills
standready wrote:
Here is what I was looking on Wednesday. Of course, I started shoveling, then 'lake effect' snow came adding another 4 inches in 2 hours.
WOW! Shocked Does that happen often in your neck of the woods? I remember we had a freak snow storm in Vancouver once, but that was a day or two and then all of it was in a mess. It rarely snows there.

Nice photo. Smile
standready
Quote:
WOW! Shocked Does that happen often in your neck of the woods? I remember we had a freak snow storm in Vancouver once, but that was a day or two and then all of it was in a mess. It rarely snows there.

No, that much snow does not happen to often. What was really bad was the wind during the storm blowing steady 35 MPH with gust hitting 70 MPH. Talk about 'white out' conditions.
In my picture, you can see the 'lake effect' snow approaching.
deanhills
standready wrote:
No, that much snow does not happen to often. What was really bad was the wind during the storm blowing steady 35 MPH with gust hitting 70 MPH. Talk about 'white out' conditions.
In my picture, you can see the 'lake effect' snow approaching.
Do people get to go out, or do businesses close, including schools etc? As I can imagine it must be hazardous to drive in those conditions.

When I was in Guernsey two years ago, they had quite a snow fall, but a snow fall that would match normal in your area. They're not used to it. So closed all schools. Great fun day for kids. Nightmare for parents who have to work.
standready
deanhills wrote:
Do people get to go out, or do businesses close, including schools etc? As I can imagine it must be hazardous to drive in those conditions.

Yes, schools and businesses closed early as this snow moved in the Tuesday afternoon. Most schools remained closed for the rest of the week. Some businesses did not reopen until Thursday.
Over the past 5 years, the area has received 50+ inches of snow during the winter but 20+ inches in one day is hard to handle.
For more info search "Chicago blizzard".
deanhills
standready wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Yes, schools and businesses closed early as this snow moved in the Tuesday afternoon. Most schools remained closed for the rest of the week. Some businesses did not reopen until Thursday.
Over the past 5 years, the area has received 50+ inches of snow during the winter but 20+ inches in one day is hard to handle.
For more info search "Chicago blizzard".
Aha Idea ..... so that is where it was! I did see some of that on TV, but will look it up as well. Thanks for the info. Smile
sudipbanerjee
I am now in my office. In my front side there is no window. In the backside there is a window. If I look through this I can see the Jadavpur university Building.
ankitdatashn
At this present time I can see a park out of my window, there are trees which look really very green as they have been cleaned from the dew water. Children are playing football amongst themselves and are arguing on each little things! Elder people are sitting on the benches and probably are thinking about the times when they were of their age.

Rest are the aeroplanes flying every now and then and the birds which are flying to their destination... Smile
ProwerBot
I see my neighbors playing with their dog but my camera isn't handy right now and I don't wanna be a creeper Smile