FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

URGENT: Please help - site down due to database error

kv
I have my account hosted on server1. One of my databases (kv_kvdb) is giving some error like

"Warning: Incorrect information in file: './kv_kvdb/kv_access.frm' " .

Please check the url here for error.

This repeats for every query I have in the script with a different file name. I tried to repair db from cpanel, but it throws the same error.

After googleing, I found this url which talks about some permission on tmp directory. or may be a restart of mysqld.

Please fix this database. I don't want to remove and recreate it. It has data of several users of my site. I don't have a recent backup too. Please help.

EDIT: Looks like it has something to do with innodb. myisam tables are fine. After executing SHOW ENGINES, I found this:

Quote:
InnoDB DISABLED Supports transactions, row-level locking, and fore...

PS: Rest of my databases are fine. Only this db has problem somehow.
kv
Admins/Mods, please help. This site is really important to me.
Arty
This is the same on my blog as well.
Actually, I get this on every part of my website that uses a database.

Currently only the front page works...
rvec
innodb is dissabled, so you can't use that. Not sure if that's the problem but it could be.
kv
But my tables were innodb. I am ready to convert them to myisam, but I am not able to access the tables. Can innodb be enabled temporarily so I can convert them to myisam or atleast take a backup?
kv
Still no solution Sad Please enable innodb for some time so I can convert innodb tables to myisam or take a backup. I don't have a backup of this database. Please help!
mOrpheuS
I've requested Bondings to take a look.

Please be patient.
kv
Thanks a lot mOrpheuS
kv
2 Weeks and still no fix Sad This is really really impt to me. Fix it please
kv
More than a month, still no fix. Please help.
sonam
You can try to change your db in myisam from phpadmin in cpanel and if warnings persist then problem is in the script not in db. Maybe your session start is after displaying ANY content on the page. One space before php script is enought for making trouble when you try to start sesion. On UTF8 enconding Notepad++ insert some code on the top of the page (I don't know why) and this can produce troubles. Try to open your script with some other editor if you are using Notepad++.

Sonam
kv
There is no error in the script. It was working earlier. Then innodb engine was shutdown. I can't access my innodb tables even from phpmyadmin. I can't convert them to myisam till the innodb engine is started.

More than 2 1/2 months still no fix. Can somebody please help? Thanks.
kv
3 months, no fix Sad
sonam
Try to send PM to Bondings. I think only he can help you.

Sonam