FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A shared blog with featured writers

truespeed
Instead or aswell as the user blogs,perhaps a shared blog using proper blogging software could be added.

To keep the quality not everyone should contribute,only those who are invited or submit a request to become one of the featured writers on the blog.

These are the top 30 blogs on the net,and according to the site This one,is the number 1 most popular blog of all.

Benefits. Well you have a large user base here with lots of varied knowledge,in all types of subjects,and rather than write posts on a forum,why not utilize that knowledge into a quality blog. Im sure a lot of people on here would rather keep their hosting by posting articles to a quality blog rather than posting comments in a thread where 50% of the other comments are posted merely to upkeep their points and maintain their hosting.

Obviously you would have to reward the writers with points,nobody will contribute for nothing,i guess though that would have to done manually as you wouldn't be able to integrate the forum and blog databases.
rvec
a blogpost == a topic
a comment == a reply
the whole blog thing == a forum

This was already suggested once.
truespeed
Yes it had been suggested before by someone but in another topic which i couldn't find or i would of added to that,i think to to compare a forum post to a blog article is valid on a normal forum perhaps,but this is post for host where quantity always wins out over quality,with a blog where the writers are hand picked by the moderators/admin,the quality i would assume would be as good as the best of the blogs on the net.

The top blogs have paid staff,frihost could have the same quality of blog simply by allowing the writers to keep their hosting.