FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SAW V - The Beginning of the end?

JoshuAAR
**Some Spoilers**

Many people already think that the saw saga has washed up and just become a money grabbing franchise just trying to squeeze out as much money as it can from it remaining loyal fans.

I in no way thought this at all, even after I saw number IV. It was a bit different because of the writing changes and because of **Jigswas death** in number III, but i still thought the movies had potential and could continue being made without a big lose to plot and action (goriness?).

This last movie has changed my mind. It ended up being one of the most boring and most unsatisfying movies I've seen to date.

The Story line was completely boring and not exiting at all, not to mention that the different components of the plot different even seem to have anything to do with eachother. The characters barely had any depth to them, and worst of all, the new writters, in an attempt to create new loose ends and options for future movies - Seem to pull new characters out of thin air, and then make as if they were there behind the scenes of all the other Saw movies.

**They did this with Hoffman throughout this whole film, having flashbacks, showing how he had been helping Jigsaw and how they had come to meet** and they almost completly ride of the fact that Amanda ever had anything to do with being Jigsaws original apprentice.

I think I am rambling on a bit here, but this movie really let me down. There is still a glimmer of hope for number VI (which there definatly will be because of their 'carefully' placed loose ends), but it is a small glimmer.

What did everyone else think of the movie?
WicCaesar
I can barely remember what happened in the other movies, gotta watch it all again. T_T
I was so excited with Saw until the third movie...
Rajiev
Gotta say that, i don't really love SAW :p

It is too much gore and you can't really justfy Jig Saw's action even his intensions are good . Confused

I's not boring and I think it will go on since after watching Saw III i thought it is over. But SAW IV is a totally new story.

They still have some juice in it :p
Nutteloos
Even while this kind of movies is totally not my style, I have to admit the idea was okay. For the first movie, at least. Anything with 4 sequels has to go down the hill, though.