FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best beer

kody
What's your favourite beer from around the world? Tell us about it and what makes it your favourite!

My favourite is from Germany. There's a small monastery south of Munich called Andechs. The monks have been brewing beer for centuries there. They have a wicked awesome beer garded at the top of this hill overlooking the counrtyside and nearby lakes. The beer itself if magic, especially their Heffeweizen (wheat beer) on a hot sunny day. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm....
ciureanuc
Quote:
"What's your favourite beer from around the world? Tell us about it and what makes it your favourite!
My favourite is from Germany. There's a small monastery south of Munich called Andechs. The monks have been brewing beer for centuries there. They have a wicked awesome beer garded at the top of this hill overlooking the counrtyside and nearby lakes. The beer itself if magic, especially their Heffeweizen (wheat beer) on a hot sunny day. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm...."

165th Anniversary of the Czech Beer Pilsner Urquell

The Day Lager was Born

The well-known Czech lager was made for the first time on 5th October 1842. The main reason was probably the brewing crisis, going as far back as to 15th century. In the city of Pilsen was not only good beer, that was mostly sold away from the city, but much bad beer, sold inside the city. In 1838 it ended in a demonstration, during which citizens of Pilsen emptied 36 beer barrels on the main square. As a consequence, the Mestsky pivovar(City Brewery) was founded.

In 1842, the first brewage of a lager, as we know it today, was made there. Its author was the brewer of German origin, Josef Groll. He combined German advanced technology of brewing, combined with our local ingrediences – unique barley, local hops and soft water. By doing so, he set the basis for the new type of beer, that forms about 2/3 of the world beer production. Pilsen Urquell became the world first international beer.

Of course, the beer preparation came a long way until today. For example, for the quality check was used a simple test – the beer was poured on a bench, and one sit on it, wearing leather pants. If the pants stucked, the beer was considered of a good quality.

By: Pavla Kozakova

CZECH BEER RULES! Very Happy
ciureanuc
Quote:
Budejovicky Budvar – Budweiser – now even Bai De Fu

The well-known lager from Ceske Budejovice in the South Czech Republic starts to sell in China from 17th July. If Chinese decide to have a Budweiser, they are lucky. The name in Chinese – Bai De Fu means ‘A lot of luck’, something like good luck wish.

Budwar Chinese Etiquette Why would the well known brand rename? A Chinese is not able to pronounce Budvar or Budejovicky, so the business managers for East Asia decided to find a new name with locals, short and optimistic one.

The golden Czech beer starts in 13 million Shanghai. The Patent Office gave the Czech Brewery licence for whole China.
Josso
snowynight
perhaps Bud? But I don't drink that much. I am used to the domestic beer, oe rather, beer made in my own city, fresher i think.
Yantaal
i know its not a beer persay, but Guiness, why has nobody mentioned Guiness.

But my faveroute (being a vegan who can not drink lager, ale, ect, and has resigned himself to cider) Magners, Beautifull, or perhaps Perry, a nice pear cider goes alogn way.
Idoru
There have to be two favourites mentione, one is the budget, and one for the taste =)

Well, the economic one, that I drink most Laughing , is called "kung", and is a Swedish beer. It's as I said,
cheap, but still holds enough standard to be drinkable.

But, to speak of the real goodies, I have to say - Kilkenny. Smile
Now I'm not speaking of the bottled one, for the difference is like the drafted Guiniess compared to the one
in a can. In other words, no way they can be compared.
The Kilkenny is lot like Guiness, but not quite as "foody". Not that easy to find here in Göteborg, Sweden,
unfortunattley, but that just makes it better when I find it! Cool
gugusm
Polish beer! - Lech or Żywiec or Tyskie for sure.
oufti
THE BELGIAN BEER

for young people: some pils (lager beer) like JUPILER, white beer : oudgaarden, gueuze or kriek

for high reSponsible people ^^

monastiq beer : like ORVAL , Trappistes Rochefort 10,

or some's strong beer: Bush Beer 9.75 % , Grimbergen Optimo Bruno 10%, Gulden draak 12%, Kasteelbier Ingelmunster 11%, Duvel 8

it's a lot of kind of taste

<James007:removed huge quote>
airh3ad
Obcourse our own beer here in the philippines San miguel beer the best beer for me start in 1890 stablish.this beer is great .
j_f_k
a post at risk of starting a holy war if ever there was one. The only 2 more inflammatory subjects I can think of are c++ / java or mac vs windows....

Much has been said about Tasmanians - home of the devil and the tiger - yes I know they are all in-bred, I know most of them have 11 toes, they all live in caravans because they don't have houses, however this poor little state has one thing going for it.

The world's best beer is prodced there. Cascade lager which very unfortunately after almost 10 years of looking have not found in the united kingdom anywhere!

Its a sorry state of affairs when one walks into a pub and is actually grateful that the pub serves stella as the best available beer.
Psycho_X52
I think Stella Artois is the best Razz

Check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlmQsZPnyuM
b4r4t
Well ... I can't tell because it's impossible to taste every brand Smile

For me the best are polish beers like:

Lech or Zywiec ... or maybe Tyskie Smile
dalibor
Best beer is Holsten!
airh3ad
Again try san miguel beer the best beer on earth.
Alaskacameradude
Anything made by Alaskan Brewing Company.....Alaskan Pale, Alaskan Amber, etc..
oufti
if i give my adress, can you send some test bottle ^^
mattyj
my favourite beers would be one of 2 aussie beers

Victoria Bitter - probably the most well known beer in australia....great strong flavour
Carlton Draught - not as strong a flavour but still a great beer

Also like Budweiser from america too
psycosquirrel
I like white beers.

[FuN]goku
Over in Canada we got Alexander Keith's beer.. Actually i think the brewery is like 2 hours away from me lol ... but... i think my favorite is probly Heineken Smile
dcfive65
Heiniken was a favorite until I got a taste of Corona and Lime...Although, a friend of mine brought some sorta japanese imported beer over to my place last night and that stuff tasted hella good!
Gonzalo
Here in Argentina, we have (in the south area of the country, called "Patagonia") a few places where beer is made. In some of my old many journeys I´ve stopped by to make a taste tryout. I found that the materials they actually use to brew and the special way to mix the product with wild argentinian berries make a very good choice in hand to compete with some foreign products.

I´m glad those little companies are now shipping that ale to the bigger cities in the country, as well as in the capital city where I live (Buenos Aires). Price is not modical but it´s an option when on variety lays the fun of consuming.

Dr. Stupid.
Loathing in Fear
Best beer? Well, I only like one beer, and that's Heineken! Very Happy Best beer in the whole world!
kristi01
There's a ton of beer out there!!!!
And the best place in the world to drink (in jersey anyways is) http://www.stuffyerface.com/beerMenu.html

My Favorite is the Kriek Lambic and the Franziskaner Weisse

(whew those are tough to say) lol
Distrbd21
Heiniken Budwiser miller.
Melacos
Well, when wanting to get drunk, I value price over quality. Here in Denmark we've got lots of taxes on basically everything, and ome wise guys found out that it was rentable opening shops in Germany, just across the border from Denmark, where they sell Danish beer. So every once in a while, young people here, take a trip down there, and bring home endless crates of especially the brands 'Slots' and 'Harboe'. Those aren't that bad taste-wise either in fact...

But when wanting quality, I can definitely recommend the American ale '1554'. I tried it over there, and instantly fell in love. Think it's from a brewery called 'New Belgium', and it's supposed to be based on some old monk's recipe..
TurtleShell
psycosquirrel wrote:
I like white beers.

hoegaarden is a GREAT beer. One of my favorites. Other favorites include:

new castle brown
stella
sam adams boston ale
firestone walker pale ale 31
pacifico
guiness
omegang witte
smspno
You should all taste Polish beer Razz. If it is concerned, I prefer Tyskie. I also like Miller, Heineken and I think that is all... Smile

Cheers!!
TVme
Quote:
Heiniken was a favorite until I got a taste of Corona and Lime...Although, a friend of mine brought some sorta japanese imported beer over to my place last night and that stuff tasted hella good!

Yes, there are different favorites for different circumstances... If I am having a beer or two with dinner, then Corona and lime is nice... but you can't drink Corona all day while watching football - for that - it's Bud Light.
lethaltriad
I don't drink as much beer as I used to, mostly flavoured vodka mixed with a fruit juice but when I do drink beer it has to be a Heineken. I've tried Coronas already but its not as easily available down here in Jamaica as Heineken.
pashmina
I like to drink any kind of beer as long as it is hard and cold..
Razz
ServalM
I could only promote the beers from my country (Belgium). It is known for it's finest chocolate, but also for it's beer. Already went to a few different countries and many people intend to agree that belgium beer is indeed very tasteful, I recommend it to you all =).

Yours forever,
standready
I don't drink much beer and since I can't try them all (I have had some great ones from micro-breweries), whatever is on sale. LOL
kerryworkman
I like alot of different types of beer, but I think my favorite is one that my brother brews. He makes all sorts of beers but my favorite is his I.P.A. man is that stuff good. Great full bodied taste, lots of flavor, but the best part is the alcohol content. It has almost double the usual amount without effecting the taste. What else can you ask for? Great taste and gets your buzz on faster.
ServalM
kerryworkman wrote:
I like alot of different types of beer, but I think my favorite is one that my brother brews. He makes all sorts of beers but my favorite is his I.P.A. man is that stuff good. Great full bodied taste, lots of flavor, but the best part is the alcohol content. It has almost double the usual amount without effecting the taste. What else can you ask for? Great taste and gets your buzz on faster.

I also know someone that makes his own beer, and I must say it's indeed very good. Maybe because of the none profit business in it, it has more time to get better.
PatTheGreat42
Don't bother with beer. If you're going to drink, might as well not skirt the issue. Rum, my boy.

Rum.
Zombie
My favorite is budlight it has such a lite taste bud satisfies my thirst for beer
Futile
Beer, Beer, Beer. I have been over the world. Beer is the nectar of the gods. It is all good no matter what country you are in. I will drink beer with a mouse, I will drink beer in a house. I will drink beer with fox. I will drink beer in a box. I do like beer hear me cheer. I like to drink it all year...sorry got carried away. My favorite beer is any that contains barley and hops...wait that is all of them.
thejam
AAhhh!! good topic!
Love beers, and its pretty hard to make a difference in all these flavours and brands.
I guess i like Chech beer a lot. Urguell and Cambrinus are one of my favorites. If i am in the mood of drinking a few more i prefer the Dutch brand Grolsch. I also like coopers quite a lot too..
Actually there are only a few beers i do not like. Especially the fruit-flavoured ones..
Crazy_Canuck
My favorite beer is Stella Artois, a Belgium beer. I also like Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve, but it's hard to get sometimes. And a great Canadian beer from a micro-brewery in Calgary, Big Rock Traditional Ale.
reb00table
My favorite beer is Stella Artois too Smile. Don't know why, but it flows nicely through the oesophagus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT_UI1wi5no
andredesignz
lethaltriad wrote:
I don't drink as much beer as I used to, mostly flavoured vodka mixed with a fruit juice but when I do drink beer it has to be a Heineken. I've tried Coronas already but its not as easily available down here in Jamaica as Heineken.

yea Heineken is good but what about Jamaican Red Strip Beer?
ptfrances
I like a lot of beer, for example Carlsberg or Leffe.
Quilmes from Argentina is really good too but I am not fond of english beer.

A cold and enjoyable beer is always a good time
Laughing
ServalM
Leffe and Stella are both belgian beers!!!
If you like them, you should also try Westvleteren and Westmalle! One of the best beers in the world. For the stella drinkers, if you like the stella, you should try the Primus, or Jupiler, also both very good beers!!
mrcool
i can't think what is the best beer in the world. everytime i have a drink, it seems i like all of them and can't compare to one beer to another.
paskifire
Redhorse beer in the Philippines. Drink once and you can feel that a horse kicked your ass. It's a kick ass beer. I'll give you a tip, don't go to bed after drinking this beer because you will feel that your bed and your house is rotating Laughing
b4r4t
paskifire wrote:
Redhorse beer in the Philippines. Drink once and you can feel that a horse kicked your ass. It's a kick ass beer. I'll give you a tip, don't go to bed after drinking this beer because you will feel that your bed and your house is rotating Laughing

Hmm ... if You like strong beers then if You'll find somewhere this one:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/03/Porter_zywiec.jpg

You'll be happy Smile It's 10% of alcohol beer Smile

Normal version of this beer is good too:
http://www.alma24.pl/pr_images/5901559130000.jpg

I think both are avalable outside Poland too Smile

Other good beer is:
http://img.mediafm.net/mediafm/pict/10063.jpg

But You can buy it only in one region of Poland - Wielkopolska

And BTW - in East Europe it's hard to find someone, whos world will start rotating after only one beer (our beers are 0.5L and between 6-7% - or 10%) Smile
adri
oufti wrote:
THE BELGIAN BEER

for young people: some pils (lager beer) like JUPILER, white beer : oudgaarden, gueuze or kriek

for high reSponsible people ^^

monastiq beer : like ORVAL , Trappistes Rochefort 10,

or some's strong beer: Bush Beer 9.75 % , Grimbergen Optimo Bruno 10%, Gulden draak 12%, Kasteelbier Ingelmunster 11%, Duvel 8

it's a lot of kind of taste

Quote:
Cette page à été "piquée" de Tjd qui a avoué lui-même l'avoir volée de the Belgian Beer Homepage. Cette dernière est apparemment disparue!
Rendons quand même hommage à ce fan de nos produits nationaux.

Ma contribution: corriger quelques fautes d'ortographe et traduire l'angliche en français....
A propos de la "Bourg", c'était une cuvée unique, brassée par par Desmedt, le brasseur de l'ADA.
Cela porte à 680 espèces le nombre de bières belges! A votre santé!

Bière Brasserie Couleur % d'alcool
1664 De Kronenbourg Alken-Maes brune 5,50%
Aardbeien Lambic St. Louis Van Honsebrouck rousse 5,00%
Aarschotse Bruine De Biertoren brune 4,00%
Abbaye de Bonne-Esperance Lefebvre ambrée 8,00%
Abbaye de Brogne donker De Smedt 6,70%
Abbaye de Cambron Brasserie de Silly ambrée 6,50%
Abbaye De Gembloux Lefebvre ambrée 8,00%
Abbaye de la Moinette brunee Dupont 8,50%
Abbaye de la Moinette brune Dupont 7,50%
Abbaye de la Moinette-Special Nouvel An Dupont ambrée 8,50%
Abbaye des Rocs Eloir-Bertiau ambrée 9,25%
Abbaye des Rocs Special Eloir-Bertiau 9,50%
Abdij van Leffe brune St. Guibert ambrée 6,30%
Abdij van Leffe bruin St. Guibert brune 6,30%
Abdij van Leffe radieuse St. Guibert brun foncé 8,60%
Abdij van Leffe trippel St. Guibert brune 7,10%
Abdij van Leffe vieille cuvée St. Guibert brune 7,80%
Abdijbier Affligem brune De Smedt brune 6,90%
Abdijbier Affligem foncée De Smedt foncée 6,90%
Abdijbier Affligem trippel De Smedt ambrée 9,60%
Abdijbier Sint-Idesbald brune Damberd brune 6,25%
Abdijbier Sint-Idesbald pale Damberd brune 6,25%
Abdijbier Sint-Idesbald trippel Damberd brune 8,00%
Adler Haacht dorée 6,70%
Aerts 1900 Palm ambrée-rousse 6,00%
Affligem rood De Smedt 6,70%
Akila Export Louwaege 4,60%
Akila Pils Louwaege brune 5,00%
Alexander Rodenbach 6,50%
Alfri Roman 0,50%
Ambiorix Slaghmuylder 8,00%
Anglo pils Alken-Maes brune 5,00%
Antiek Isebaert ambrée 7,75%
Antiek Vieille Villers 8,00%
Antigoon Isebaert 8,00%
Arabier De Dolle Brouwers brun foncé 8,00%
Ardennaise Poncelet
Artevelde Huyghe ambrée 6,50%
Artevelde Grand Cru Huyghe 6,90%
Augustijn Bios ambrée 8,00%
Averechtsen Saison Strubbe
Bacchus Van Honsebrouck brun foncé 5,20%
Bass-Old Barley Stout Piedboeuf foncée 5,40%
Bass-Pale Ale Piedboeuf dorée 5,20%
Bavaro Haacht 3,40%
Bel Pils Moortgat 5,30%
Bergenbier Artois 5,70%
Bergenbier Dendria brune 5,10%
Beyerd Sterkens 6,50%
Bier v/h Kasteel Ramegnies-Chin Facon 12,00%
Bière Darbyste Brasserie de Blaugies blanche 5,80%
Biere de L'Abbaye D'Aulne 10 De Smedt très foncée 10,00%
Biere de L'Abbaye D'Aulne 6 De Smedt dorée 6,00%
Biere de L'Abbaye D'Aulne 8 De Smedt foncée 8,00%
Bière de Pâques La Binchoise 7,00%
Bink Kerkom 5,50%
Bios Vlaamse Bourgogne Bios foncée 5,75%
Biss Brasserie a Vapeur brune 7,50%
Blanche de Namur Brasserie du Bocq 4,50%
Blanche des Honelles Eloir-Bertiau 6,20%
Blanche des Neiges Huyghe
Bleek Riva 1,50%
Bleek Roman 1,20%
Block Export De Block-Joostens brune 5,00%
Block Pils De Block-Joostens brune 5,00%
Blond De Biertoren brune 1,00%
Blond Het Sas/Leroy 1,80%
Blond Huyghe
Blond Lefebvre 1,50%
Blonde Devaux 0,80%
Blonde Haacht 1,40%
Blonde Alken Alken-Maes brune 1,40%
Bocholter Kwikpils Premiumbier Martens brune 5,00%
Bocholter pils Martens brune 5,00%
Bock pils Palm brune 4,80%
Bockor export Bockor (Vanderghinste) brune 5,00%
Bockor pils Bockor (Vanderghinste) brune 5,40%
Bokkereyer Sint-Jozef brun foncé 6,00%
Bokrijks Kruikenbier Sterkens 7,20%
Bornem Dubbel Bios foncée 8,00%
Bornem Trippel Bios pale 9,00%
Bosbier Sint-Jozef 5,00%
Bourg De Smedt
Boskeun De Dolle Brouwers ambrée 8,00%
Bourgogne des Flandres Timmermans brune 5,00%
Bourgogne des Flandres Verhaeghe foncée 6,20%
Brewmaster Pale Ale Martinas 4,50%
Brigand Van Honsebrouck ambrée 9,00%
Brug-ale Belge Brasserie de Silly ambrée 4,80%
Brugs tarwebier De Gouden Boom blanche 5,40%
Brugse Tripel De Gouden Boom 9,50%
Bruin Callewaert
Bruin Het Sas/Leroy 1,80%
Bruin Huyghe
Bruin Lefebvre 1,50%
Bruin Riva 1,50%
Bruin Roman 1,20%
Bruin Sint-Jozef
Brune Devaux 0,80%
Brunehaut 8 Allard & Groetembril brune 8,00%
Bruno De Biertoren brune 0,80%
Bruocsella Grand Cru Lambiek Cantillon 5,00%
Buffalo Van Den Bossche noire 5,10%
Bugel Doppelbock Domus 8,00%
Bugg's Bosteels 2,60%
Bush Beer Dubuisson ambrée 9,75%
Cambrinus Verhaeghe ambrée 4,50%
Campbell's Christmas Martinas 7,50%
Campbell's Scotch Martinas 6,80%
Campus De Biertoren 7,00%
Campus Gold De Biertoren 6,00%
Cassis Lindemans
Cassis bier Timmermans 4,00%
Caves Verhaeghe ambrée 5,35%
Cervesia Dupont 8,50%
Cezarken Crombé 5,50%
Chapeau Faro De Troch 4,75%
Chapeau Framboise De Troch 3,00%
Chapeau Mirabelle De Troch 3,00%
Chapeau Pêche De Troch 3,00%
Chapeau Tropical De Troch 3,00%
Charles Quint Haacht foncée 6,30%
Chimay-Bouchon Liege Abbaye de Scourmont ambrée 7,00%
Chimay-Capsule Blanche La Trappe Schaapskooi clear 8,00%
Chimay-Capsule Rouge Abbaye de Scourmont ambrée 7,00%
Christmas Riva foncée 7,50%
Christmas beer Crombé 6,50%
Christmas Bell Roman brune 7,20%
Christmas De Ryck De Ryck ambrée 5,50%
Christmas De Smedt De Smedt 7,50%
Christmas/Old Musketeer Het Sas/Leroy foncée 8,00%
Ciney Blond Alken-Maes brune 7,00%
Ciney Bruin Alken-Maes brune 7,00%
Ciney Speciaal Alken-Maes 8,50%
Cleopaterken Crombé 5,60%
Contra Pils Contreras brune 5,00%
Cornel Bier Slaghmuylder ambrée 4,80%
Corsendonck Agnus Brasserie du Bocq 8,10%
Corsendonck Agnus Corsendonck brune 7,50%
Corsendonck Pater Bios 6,40%
Corsendonck Pater Corsendonck brun foncé 7,50%
Couckelaerschen Doedel Strubbe 6,00%
Courtois De Biertoren 1,20%
Cristal Alken Alken-Maes brune 5,00%
Crom-Pils Crombé brune 4,50%
Cupido Bosteels ambrée 4,80%
Cuvée Bosquétia Brasserie du Bocq 8,80%
Cuvée De L'Ermitage Alken-Maes ambrée 7,80%
Cuvée de la Thyria brune Huyghe 7,00%
Cuvée de la Thyria brune Huyghe 7,00%
Cuvée de Namur brunee Huyghe 7,00%
Cuvée de Namur brune Huyghe 7,00%
Cuvée St. Amand Bavik foncée dorée 7,50%
De Brouwers van de Dijle Piedboeuf brune 5,00%
De Koninck De Koninck brune 5,00%
De Verboden Vrucht De Kluis rouge foncé 8,00%
Deca Isebaert brune 4,50%
Delbeccha Delbeccha 8,00%
Delirium Tremens Huyghe 9,00%
Dentergems Witbier Riva brune 5,00%
Deugniet Brasserie du Bocq 8,10%
Dikke Mathilde Strubbe 6,00%
Dikkenek De Smedt 6,00%
Dinner Blond Bavik
Dinner Faro Bavik
Dobbel Faro Vander Linden brun foncé 6,00%
Dobbelen Bruinen Roman brune 7,20%
Dobbelken Strubbe 4,25%
Domein Bleek Bios brune
Domein Donker Bios brun foncé
Domus Domus 5,10%
Dorppils R. van Roy en Cie. jaune 4,00%
Dorpsbier R. van Roy en Cie. brun claire 2,00%
Dort Silbrau Brasserie de Silly brune 5,70%
Double Blonde Brasserie Gigi 1,20%
Double Engien Spéciale Brasserie de Silly ambrée 8,00%
Double Floreffe Lefebvre foncée 6,00%
Doublette Brasserie de Silly ambrée 6,50%
Drink Center Sharpe Huyghe 4,60%
Dubbel Blond Bockor (Vanderghinste) 1,00%
Dubbel Blond Louwaege 1,40%
Dubbel Domus Honingbier Domus 7,00%
Dubbel Gersten De Es
Dubbel Palm Palm foncée ambrée 4,80%
Dubbel Wit De Kroon blanche 5,00%
Duivel Vander Linden brun foncé 6,00%
Duivelsbier Vander Linden 6,00%
Duo De Koninck 2,50%
Dupont Pils Dupont 6,20%
Duvel 7 Moortgat brune 7,00%
Duvel 8 Moortgat brune 8,00%
Echte Kriek Verhaeghe rousse 6,20%
Edel Brau Strubbe 0,30%
Egmont Zottegemse Tripel Crombé 7,00%
Elckerlijc Callewaert brune 6,50%
Ename Dubbel Roman 6,50%
Ename Tripel Roman 9,00%
Esenaar De Dolle Brouwers 6,00%
Etoile Dupont
Eupener Caramel Eupener Bierbrauerei 1,50%
Eupener Export Eupener Bierbrauerie brune 3,50%
Eupener Extra Light Eupener Bierbrauerei
Eupener Kapuziner Klosterbier Eupener Bierbrauerie foncée 5,00%
Eupener Pils Eupener Bierbrauerie brune 4,00%
Export Alken-Maes brune 5,00%
Export Bavik 5,00%
Export Huyghe 4,20%
Export R. van Roy en Cie. dorée 4,00%
Export Verhaeghe brune 4,50%
Export Artois Artois brune 5,50%
Extra Huyghe
Extra Bruin Verlinden brune 0,80%
Extra Gueuze Eylenbosch dorée 5,00%
Extra Pilsener Moortgat brune 5,50%
Extra Stout Callewaert 4,70%
Extra Tafelbier Walrave 4,80%
Extra Vieille Allard & Groetembril ambrée 6,00%
Eylenbosch Framboos Cuvée Speciale Eylenbosch 5,00%
Facon Export Facon brune 4,00%
Facon Extra Stout Facon brune 7,50%
Facon Pils Facon brune 5,00%
Facon Scotch-Christmas Facon ambrée 7,50%
Fakir La Binchoise 6,80%
Fancy low alcohol Bavik 1,50%
Fantôme Fantôme 8,00%
Fantôme de Noël Fantôme
Faro Bockor (Vanderghinste) 1,00%
Faro Cantillon 5,00%
Faro Huyghe
Faro Lindemans brune 5,00%
Faro Louwaege 1,40%
Faro R. van Roy en Cie. rousse-brune 4,30%
Faro Vander Linden 4,00%
Faro Alken Alken-Maes 1,30%
Faro Extra Eylenbosch brune 5,00%
Faro Pertotale Frank Boon ambrée 6,50%
Felix Kriek Oud Bruin Clarysse 6,00%
Felix Kriekbier Clarysse rousse-brune 5,20%
Felix oud bruin Clarysse brune 5,20%
Felix speciaal oudenaards Clarysse brune 4,60%
Festival Gueuze Eylenbosch dorée 5,00%
Fitt R. van Roy en cie 1,50%
Flandrien Louwaege 5,00%
Floreffe brunee Lefebvre 7,00%
Foncée Poncelet
Fonske Domus 5,00%
Forst Wielemans-Ceuppens brune 4,75%
Framboise Lindemans rose-rousse 6,00%
Framboise Lindemans
Framboise Belle-Vue Belle-Vue rousse 4,20%
Framboise Cantillon Cantillon rosée 5,00%
Framboise Jacobins Bockor (Vanderghinste) 5,50%
Framboos Lambic Timmermans 4,00%
Frambozen F. Boon Frank Boon rosée 6,50%
Frambozenbier De Neve 5,30%
Frambozenbier Vander Linden rousse 7,00%
Frambozenbier St. Louis Van Honsebrouck rousse claire 5,50%
Frater Ambrosius Eylenbosch rose rousse 5,00%
Gaumaise Brasserie Gigi 5,00%
Gersten De Es
Geuze Vandervelden 6,00%
Geuze F. Boon-Mariage Parfait Frank Boon dorée 6,50%
Gildenbier Haacht foncée 6,70%
Ginder-Ale Martinas ambrée 4,70%
Golden Campina Campina brune 5,00%
Golden Hop Bavik 5,00%
Golden Kenia Huyghe brune 5,00%
Gouden Carolus Het Anker ambrée 7,50%
Grand Cru Hoegaarden Tripel De Kluis dorée 7,50%
Grimbergen Blond Alken-Maes brune 7,00%
Grimbergen dubbel Alken-Maes foncée 6,50%
Grimbergen Optimo Bruno Alken-Maes brune 10,00%
Grimbergen trippel Alken-Maes dorée 8,60%
Grisette Friart 5,40%
Gueuze Lindemans dorée 5,00%
Gueuze Wets dorée 5,50%
Gueuze Becasse Brabrux dorée 4,15%
Gueuze Belle-vue Belle-vue dorée 4,15%
Gueuze Belle-vue cuvee Belle-vue dorée 4,15%
Gueuze Cantillon Cantillon dorée 5,00%
Gueuze Caveau Timmermans dorée 5,50%
Gueuze Caves Bruegel Brabrux dorée 4,15%
Gueuze De Neve De Neve dorée 4,15%
Gueuze De Troch De Troch dorée 5,75%
Gueuze Extra Cave St. Pierre Brabrux dorée 4,15%
Gueuze Girardin Girardin dorée 5,10%
Gueuze Lambic Timmermans dorée 5,50%
Gueuze Lambic Jacobins Bockor (Vanderghinste) dorée 6,00%
Gueuze Lambic Mort Subite De Keersmaeker dorée 5,00%
Gueuze Lambic St.-Louis Van Honsebrouck ambrée-brune 5,00%
Gueuze Vieux Foudre Vander Linden dorée 6,00%
Gulden draak Bios noire 12,00%
Haechts Witbier Haacht blanche 4,80%
Hapkin Louwaege brune 8,50%
Helles Lagerbier Slaghmuylder brune 4,20%
Het Kapittel-abt Van Eecke brune 10,00%
Het Kapittel-dubbel Van Eecke brune 6,00%
Het Kapittel-pater Van Eecke brune 5,00%
Het Kapittel-prior Van Eecke brune 7,00%
Hoegaarden De Kluis pale 5,00%
Horse-ale Piedboeuf ambrée 4,90%
Houten Kop Strubbe 6,50%
Ichtegem's oud bruin Strubbe brune 4,40%
Jack-Op De Neve 5,00%
Jack-op Ernest Claes Brabrux ambrée 3,70%
John Martin's Special Palm 6,00%
John Smith's Pale Ale Roman 5,60%
John Smith's Scotch Ale Roman 6,50%
Judas Alken-Maes brune 8,50%
Julius De Kluis 8,70%
Jupiler Piedboeuf brune 5,00%
Jupiler N.A. Piedboeuf brune 0,50%
Kastaar De Block-Joostens brun claire 7,00%
Kasteelbier Ingelmunster Van Honsebrouck brune 11,00%
Kerelsbier donker Het Sas/Leroy 6,40%
Kerelsbier licht Het Sas/Leroy 6,40%
Kerstbier Slaghmuylder brune 5,20%
Kerstbier Van Den Bossche brune 5,20%
Kerstbier Verhaeghe 6,50%
Ketje Artois brune 6,40%
Kir-Royal St.-Louis Van Honsebrouck 5,00%
Kob Pilsener De Keersmaeker brune 4,75%
Koningsbrau Dendria brune 5,10%
Kortrijk 800 Bockor (Vanderghinste) 6,90%
Kriek Lindemans rousse 5,50%
Kriek R. van Roy en Cie. rousse 4,30%
Kriek Vander Linden rousse 6,50%
Kriek Wets rousse 6,00%
Kriek Belle-Vue Belle-Vue rousse 4,20%
Kriek Belle-Vue Cuvee Belle-Vue rousse 4,20%
Kriek Cantillon Cantillon rousse 5,00%
Kriek Caves Bruegel Brabrux rousse 4,20%
Kriek De Neve De Neve rousse 4,20%
Kriek De Troch De Troch rousse 5,75%
Kriek F. Boon Frank Boon rousse 6,50%
Kriek Girardin Girardin rousse 5,10%
Kriek Lambic Eylenbosch rousse 5,00%
Kriek Lambic Timmermans rousse 5,50%
Kriek Lambic Jacobins Bockor (Vanderghinste) rousse 6,00%
Kriek Lambic Mort Subite De Keersmaeker rousse 5,00%
Kriek Lambic St. Louis Van Honsebrouck rousse 5,50%
Kriek Sherry Poesy Old Beersel Vandervelden rousse 7,00%
Kriekenbier Sint-Jozef rousse 4,00%
Kronenbourg Alken-Maes brune 4,00%
Kronenbourg light Alken-Maes brune 2,90%
Kruger Export Piedboeuf brune 4,50%
Kruger Pils Piedboeuf brune 5,00%
L'Vapeur en Folie Blonde Brass. Cochon Vapeur 8,00%
L'Vapeur Rousse Brass. Cochon Vapeur 8,00%
La Bergeotte Brasserie du Bocq 6,10%
La Chouffe Brasserie d'Achouffe ambrée 6,80%
La Durboyse Lefebvre 7,00%
La Gauloise 6 Brasserie du Bocq brune 6,40%
La Gauloise 8 Brasserie du Bocq brune 8,00%
La Gaumaise Blonde Maire ambrée 4,00%
La Meilleure Floreffe Lefebvre foncée 8,00%
La Moneuse Brasserie de Blaugies 8,00%
La Moneuse Spéciale Noël Brasserie de Blaugies 8,00%
La Montagnarde Eloir-Bertiau 9,00%
La Quenast Lefebvre 5,00%
La Thyloise Saint-Etienne 7,00%
La Vieille Bon-Secours Voisin ambrée 8,00%
Lambic Eylenbosch dorée 5,00%
Lambiek Cantillon 5,00%
Lambiek Vander Linden dorée 6,00%
Lambiek Vandervelden 5,50%
Lambik Girardin-jonge Girardin dorée 5,10%
Lambik Girardin-Kriek Girardin rousse 5,10%
Lambik Girardin-oude Girardin dorée 5,10%
Lamme Gisj Vander Linden 8,00%
Lamoral d'Egmont Van Den Bossche 8,00%
Lamot Pilsor Piedboeuf brune 5,00%
Le Pavé de l'Ours La Binchoise 8,50%
Leffe Trippel Brasserie du Bocq 7,00%
Leroy Stout Het Sas/Leroy 5,30%
Leuvens Witbier Domus 4,50%
Lichtaarts Kwezel Lefebvre 7,00%
Liefmans Frambozen Liefmans 5,50%
Liefmans Goudenband Liefmans brun foncé 6,50%
Liefmans Kriek Liefmans rousse-brune 7,20%
Liefmans oud bruin Liefmans brun foncé 5,20%
Liezelse Witte Vieille Villers 5,20%
Loburg Artois brune 5,20%
Loebas Callewaert brune 8,00%
Loteling donker Vieille-Villers foncée 8,00%
Loteling licht Vieille-Villers brun claire 8,00%
Lowie Kators/Malmédy brunee Brasserie d'Achouffe brune 8,00%
Lucifer Riva brune 8,50%
Luxem Maire ambrée 5,50%
Mackeson Stout Martinas 4,50%
Maes Pils Maes light 5,10%
Mai-Bock Piedboeuf brune 6,10%
Malmédy brune Brasserie d'Achouffe brune 8,00%
Maltosa Haacht 1,40%
Marckloff La Ferme au Chêne 6,50%
Maredsesous 10 Moortgat 9,50%
Maredsesous 6 Moortgat brune 7,50%
Maredsesous 8 Moortgat brun foncé 8,20%
Maredsesous 9 Moortgat brun foncé 8,90%
Méértzen bier Contreras ambrée 5,20%
McChouffe Brasserie d'Achouffe 8,80%
McEwan's Christmas Ale Piedboeuf foncée 8,35%
McEwan's Scotch Ale Piedboeuf foncée 7,20%
Mechelschen Bruynen Het Anker brune 6,50%
Meibok Domus 7,00%
Mill's Extra Stout Haacht 5,00%
Mill's Pale Ale Haacht 4,80%
Mill's Scotch Haacht 6,50%
Minty Huyghe 4,70%
Moeder Overste Lefebvre 8,00%
Moinette Biologique Dupont 5,50%
Mort Subite Cassis De Keersmaeker 4,00%
Mort Subite Framboos De Keersmaeker 4,00%
Mort Subite Perzik De Keersmaeker 4,00%
Myn's pils Brasserie de Silly brune 5,00%
Myrtille Lindemans
Napoleon De Smedt foncée 6,50%
Ne Flierefluiter De Smedt 6,70%
Neyt Export Neyt brune 5,00%
Neyt Pils Neyt brune 5,00%
Notger Piedboeuf
Nounou Bios 6,40%
Oerbier De Dolle Brouwers rousse 7,50%
Ops-ale Sint-Jozef pale 5,20%
Orval Brasserie d'Orval ambrée 6,50%
Oud bier Blond Strubbe brune
Oud bier Bruin Strubbe brune
Oud Bruin Facon brune 5,00%
Oud Hell Slaghmuylder
Oud Kriekenbier Crombé rousse 6,20%
Oud Zottegems bier Crombé brune 6,50%
Ouden Bruin Facon brune 2,00%
Ouden bruinen Verhaeghe
Ouden Tripel Bockor (Vanderghinste) brun foncé 5,80%
Oudenaards Bruin Cnudde brune 5,00%
Oudenaards Wit Tarwebier Clarysse 5,00%
Paas Kriek Domus 7,00%
Paasbier Slaghmuylder brune 5,20%
Paling Eylenbosch brune 8,00%
Palm Green Palm 0,25%
Pater Bruine Haacht brune 1,40%
Pater Lieven Van Den Bossche ambrée 5,40%
Paulus Het Sas/Leroy 5,00%
Pauwel Kwak Bosteels brun claire 9,50%
Pax-pils Sint-Jozef palen 5,10%
Pêche-Lambiek St.-Louis Van Honsebrouck 3,50%
Pêcheresse Lindemans
Pee Klak Strubbe 5,40%
Peeterman De Kluis 5,00%
Perzikbier De Neve 5,30%
Perziken bier Timmermans 4,00%
Peter Benoit Het Sas/Leroy brune 6,00%
Petrus Bavik brun foncé 4,50%
Pick-up Walrave brune 4,60%
Piedboeuf Blonde Piedboeuf brune
Piedboeuf Foncée Piedboeuf
Piedboeuf Triple Piedboeuf
Pils Callewaert 4,70%
Pils Artisanale Lefebvre brune 5,00%
Pilsen bleek-bruin Facon brun claire 2,00%
Piraat Bios 11,00%
Polderbier Bitter Steedje 8,00%
Polderbier Fruitig Steedje 8,00%
Pony-Stout Bavik brun foncé 4,50%
Poorter Sterkens 6,50%
Poperings Hommelbier Van Eecke brune 6,00%
Poperings Hommelbier Van Eecke 7,50%
Postel De Smedt 8,00%
Postel Abdijbier Campina foncée 7,50%
Prik Pils Roman 4,90%
Primus Haacht Pils Haacht brune 5,00%
Primus-Pils Christmas Haacht 5,15%
Promesse Piessens 7,50%
Prosit Bosteels brune 4,80%
Punch Beer Facon ambrée 8,00%
Queue de Charrue Verhaeghe 5,20%
Raf Export Contreras brune 5,00%
Redor Pils Dupont brune 5,00%
Reinbrau Alken-Maes brune 4,00%
Relax Huyghe
Réserve Marie de Hongrie La Binchoise 8,70%
Ridder Het Sas/Leroy 5,00%
Riva 2000 Riva brune 6,00%
Riva Pils Riva brune 5,00%
Riva Triple Riva ambrée 6,75%
Rochus De Ryck 4,70%
Rodal De Neve brune 3,80%
Rofoncée Riva foncée 5,00%
Rodea Gueuze Eylenbosch dorée 5,00%
Rodea Kriek Eylenbosch rousse 5,00%
Rodenbach Rodenbach foncée 4,60%
Rodenbach Grand Cru Rodenbach foncée 5,10%
Roman Oudenaards Roman brune 5,00%
Romy Export Roman 4,50%
Romy Luxe Roman brune 5,60%
Romy Pils Roman brune 5,20%
Rose de Cambrinus Cantillon 5,00%
Routiers Isebaert 1,00%
Royal Ale R. van Roy en Cie. brune 5,10%
Royale Blonde Brasserie de Silly 1,20%
Safir Artois 5,00%
Safir Dendria brune 4,70%
Saint-Ghislain Dupont 8,50%
Saint-Hubert Blonde Maire brune 6,50%
Saison Dupont ambrée 5,00%
Saison 1900 Lefebvre ambrée 5,00%
Saison d'Erezée Fantôme 7,00%
Saison de Pipaix Brasserie a Vapeur ambrée 5,00%
Saison de Silly Brasserie de Silly ambrée 5,00%
Saison Dupont Dupont 6,50%
Saison Dupont Biologique Dupont 7,50%
Saison Regal Brasserie du Bocq ambrée 5,20%
Salvator R. van Roy en Cie. brun foncé 7,50%
Sanctus Moortgat brun foncé 7,00%
Sas Export Het Sas/Leroy brune 4,50%
Sas Pils Het Sas/Leroy brune 4,50%
Sasbräu Het Sas/Leroy brune 6,00%
Satan foncée De Block 8,00%
Satan dorée De Block 8,00%
Schavuit Callewaert 8,00%
Schwendi Devaux 6,50%
Scotch Wielemans-Ceuppens foncée 7,50%
Scotch de Silly Brasserie de Silly brun foncé 7,70%
Seule Slaghmuylder ambrée 5,70%
Sezoens Martens brune 6,00%
Sezoens Quattro Martens 8,00%
Sint-Bernardus Tripel Sint-Bernardus 7,00%
Skipper Ale Campina ambrée 5,00%
Slag Lagerbier Slaghmuylder brune 4,70%
Sloeber Roman brune 7,00%
Sorcières de Ellezeles Voisin 6,80%
Spanik Gueuze Eylenbosch dorée 5,00%
Sparta Pils Bios pale 5,00%
Speciaal Callewaert
Speciaal Natuurbier Strubbe 4,90%
Special De Biertoren 0,80%
Special Alken Alken-Maes 1,40%
Special Block 6 De Block-Joostens rougeâtre 5,50%
Special Blond Verlinden brune 0,80%
Special De Ryck De Ryck brune 4,50%
Special Katje Het Sas/Leroy ambrée 6,00%
Spécial Noel La Binchoise 9,00%
Special Roman Roman brune 5,50%
Speciale Aerts Palm ambrée 4,80%
Speciale Baf De Smedt ambrée 5,00%
Spéciale d'Avignon Brasserie d'Avignon
Spéciale Gigi Brasserie Gigi 2,00%
Speciale Neval De Neve ambrée claire 3,70%
Speciale Op-Ale De Smedt ambrée 5,00%
Speciale Palm Palm ambrée 4,50%
Speciale Stop Bavik ambrée 4,50%
St. Benedict De Kluis rouge foncé 6,50%
St. Benoît brunee Brasserie du Bocq 7,40%
St. Benoît brune Brasserie du Bocq 7,40%
St. Feuillien Brasserie du Bocq brune 6,40%
St. Feuillien brune Friart brune 6,50%
St. Feuillien brunee Brasserie du Bocq 7,80%
St. Feuillien bruin Friart brune 6,50%
St. Feuillien brune Brasserie du Bocq 7,40%
St. Feuillien Cuvée de Noël Brasserie du Bocq 9,00%
St. Feuillien Cuvée de Noël Friart 9,00%
St. Paul Double Sterkens 6,90%
St. Paul Triple Sterkens 7,60%
St. Sebastiaan Dark Sterkens 6,90%
St. Sebastiaan Grand Cru Sterkens 7,60%
St. Sixtus Abdij Abt Sint-Bernardus foncée 10,40%
St. Sixtus Abdij Pater Sint-Bernardus foncée 7,10%
St. Sixtus Abdij Prior Sint-Bernardus foncée 8,30%
Star Blond Haacht 0,40%
Star Bruin Haacht brune 0,40%
Steedje Steedje 7,90%
Steedje Special Steedje 7,90%
Steenbrugge Dubbel De Gouden Boom ambrée 6,50%
Steenbrugge Tripel De Gouden Boom 9,00%
Steendonk Palm blanche 4,90%
Stella Artois Artois brune 5,75%
Stella Artois light Artois brune 3,50%
Stella Artois N.A. Artois 0,50%
Ster Ale Sterkens ambrée 4,70%
Ster Christmas Sterkens foncée ambrée 6,30%
Stille Nacht De Dolle Brouwers rousse-brune 9,00%
Stoeren Bonk Bios 6,20%
Stout Louwaege 4,80%
Stout Extra Lefebvre 6,50%
Straffe Hendrik Straffe Hendrik brune 7,50%
Stropken Grand Cru Slaghmuylder ambrée 7,00%
Strubbe Stout Strubbe 5,00%
Student Lefebvre 4,50%
Sublim Piessens 8,50%
Sublim Light Piessens 5,00%
Super Voisin ambrée 4,50%
Super 64 Brasserie de Silly ambrée 5,30%
Super Brune Brasserie Gigi 1,20%
Super des Fagnes Brasserie du Bocq 8,10%
Super extra Facon 3,00%
Super Pils Bavik brune 4,50%
Super Pils Strubbe brune 4,30%
Supergeuze Cantillon 5,00%
Supra Artois 5,00%
Supra Dendria brune 4,70%
T.V. R. van Roy en Cie. jaune 3,30%
Tafel Hell Slaghmuylder
Tafelstout Martens 0,50%
Teutenbier De Teut 7,50%
Titje Brasserie de Silly 5,00%
Toison D'Or Het Anker brune 7,00%
Tongerlo Dubbel Haacht 6,50%
Tongerlo Tripel Haacht 8,00%
Tonneke Contreras ambrée 5,00%
Tourtel ambrée Alken-Maes ambrée 0,50%
Tourtel brune Alken-Maes brune 0,50%
Tourtel bruin Alken-Maes brune 0,50%
Trappistenbier Dubbel Trappisten foncée 6,30%
Trappistenbier Extra Trappisten 4,00%
Trappistenbier Tripel Trappisten ambrée 8,10%
Trappistenbier Westvleteren Abt Sint-Sixtusabdij rouge foncé 10,50%
Trappistenbier Westvleteren Extra Sint-Sixtusabdij rouge foncé 8,50%
Trappistenbier Westvleteren Special Sint-Sixtusabdij rouge foncé 6,20%
Trappistes Rochefort 6 Notre Dame St.-Remy brune 7,50%
Trappistes Rochefort 8 Notre Dame St.-Remy brune 9,50%
Trappistes Rochefort 10 Notre Dame St.-Remy brune 12,00%
Trial Alken Alken-Maes 3,70%
Trio De Koninck 7,50%
Tripel Verhaeghe
Tripel Loo Vieille Villers 6,50%
Triple Block Brasserie de Silly 3,20%
Triple Bock Bavik
Triple Floreffe Lefebvre ambrée 8,00%
Triple Loo Isebaert 7,50%
Triple Moine Brasserie du Bocq brune 7,20%
Triple Villers Vieille-Villers ambrée 8,90%
Triplor Roman 3,50%
Type de Bruin R. van Roy en cie 1,50%
Ulricher Pils Girardin brune 5,00%
Unic Gigi Brasserie Gigi 3,00%
Upper 19 R. van Roy en Cie. brune 7,50%
Urtyp Piedboeuf brune 6,10%
Vaartlander Brouwerij Sint-Niklaas 6,40%
Val-Dieu Triple Van Honsebrouck 9,00%
Vapeur LégŠre Blonde Brasserie … Vapeur 4,50%
Vedett Moortgat brune 5,50%
Vera Pils Verhaeghe brune 4,80%
Very Diest Haacht 1,00%
Vichtenaar Verhaeghe brun foncé 4,50%
Vieille Saison Voisin ambrée 5,50%
Vieille Salme Brasserie d'Achouffe 8,40%
Vieille Villers Vieille-Villers foncée 8,00%
Vieux Bruges Framboos Van Honsebrouck 5,00%
Vieux Bruges Gueuze Van Honsebrouck 5,00%
Vieux Bruges Kriek Van Honsebrouck rousse 5,00%
Vieux-Temps St. Guibert ambrée 4,60%
Vigneronne Cantillon 5,00%
Villers St. Ghislain Brasserie de Silly 8,50%
Vlaams Wit/Blanch-ke Van Honsebrouck blanche 4,60%
Vlaskop Strubbe blanche 5,50%
Vondel Riva foncée 8,50%
Watney's Red Barrel Alken-Maes 6,00%
Watneys Christmas Alken-Maes foncée 7,70%
Watneys Pale-Ale Alken-Maes brun claire 5,40%
Watneys Scotch Alken-Maes foncée 8,00%
Watneys Stout Alken-Maes foncée 3,60%
Watou's Wit Van Eecke 5,00%
Whitbread Extra Stout Martinas 4,50%
Whitbread Pale Ale Martinas 4,50%
Wiel's Wielemans-Ceuppens brune 5,25%
Wiels Artois 5,00%
Wieze Pils R. van Roy en Cie. jaune 4,70%
Wilson Mild Bios 5,20%
Witkap Pater/Dubbele Pater Slaghmuylder brune 5,40%
Witkap Pater/Stimulo Slaghmuylder brune 5,40%
Witkap Pater/Tripel Slaghmuylder brune 6,50%
Wonderbier Moortgat brune 3,50%
Wonderlight Moortgat 1,90%
X-Mas R. van Roy en Cie. brun foncé 7,50%
XMas 8 Brasserie du Bocq brune 8,00%
Yperman Het Sas/Leroy 6,00%
Zeelse houten kop Huyghe
Zottegems Cromb foncée 4,50%
Zottegemse Grand Cru Cromb 8,40%
Zulte oud bruin Alken-Maes brune 4,00%

I couldn't say more Rolling Eyes

I like Primus, Stella Artois,...
anakin_skyrunner
I'd definitely say Stiegl and the beer from the Weisse (they're both Austrian)
jabce85
i don't know about best beer, but i did have some crazy russian beer a couple months back with something like 11%.. it looked like a really light beer, but had a hint of vodka... oh, and it was noticeably strong, hah. it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either..... i just had to mention it because it was so strange.. and no, i can't remember the name. i couldn't even pronounce it when i had the bottle right in front of me anyway..

besides that though, has anyone ever been here in the states around the kentucky area and tried "kentucky bourbon barrel ale"? it tastes exactly how it sounds; it's strong, but that's not the reason why it only comes in a 4 pack...
TurtleShell
I most enjoy Stella Artois, Firestone Walker Pale Ale, New Castle Brown and Same Adams Boston Ale... Not too creative, but there are lots of beers I enjoy...
misha9090
Heineken.
anarhistu
Timisoreana is the best! by my oppinion.
carlospro7
I don't know why we are quoting all those beers, it's only more scrolling, and I don't know why someone quoted the guy who quoted them in first place.

Anyway, I default to corona if I can't make up my mind. This week in my town is brew week, and I'm excited to taste these beers, all from microbrewers.
raaeft1
I always prefer Foster Light Beer. In India, the choice is really limited. Sometimes, I also like Kingfisher and Carlsburg.
Utopia GFR
I really like Belgian beer a lot (since I live in Brussels, it does make sense as well).

My fav's are :
- Hoegaarden (white beer with a slice of lemon).
- Kriek (cherry beer)
- Belle-Vue Framboise lambic (raspberry beer).
- Chimay bleue (Trappist beer).
- Jupiler (Pale lager beer).

I also enjoy Non-Belgian beers as Heineken & Carlsberg Smile

I could not tell which one would reach the top of the "beer tree" since I like all of these Smile
carlospro7
I had a Samuel Adams Boston Lager yesterday, and it became one of my favorite beers after the first taste.
standready
Three Floyds Brewery makes several fine beers in their micro-brewery. Favorite is Black Sun Stout. More info visit www.threefloyds.com
Insanity
I really like the Japanese beer, Sapporo.
Marcuzzo
all Belgian beers are nice.

those that don't like belgian beer have mostlikely not had the chance to drink one

mwsupra
My favorite is Landshark. Its brewed here in Florida by the Margaritaville Brewing Company (owned by Anheiser-Busch) and is similar to Corona. But in my opinion has a much better flavor than the rest and of course tastes great with lime Smile
aakoj
My favorite beer is Landshark and budlight
malcolmpreen
Sounds like you are all talking about Lager Beer....

From my perspective, these are not so special... A proper ale is much more my taste. Out of preference I will choose Fuller's London Pride... and to get drunk Fuller's ESB.

All my preference will be for dark beers... but everyone has their own choice.

Malcolm
skygaia
Becks Dark is my favorite one. I would like drinking beer especially dark one. becks dark is very special for me among dark beers. I can't say how good it is.. just "great"
ronbonzo
I've liked a lot of beers over the years. When I was in my twenties I was a bartender at a local tavern and got to try all of the American domestics of the period (the "70's). Frankly, during that time there wasn't much choice. Either you had an American style lager or you had a Heineken. Today, just about the entire spectrum of beers can be found at a small town liquor store. I've moved away from beer over the years and have gone on to try wines and spirits. These days, in hot weather, I reach for an Amstel Light. Some will say it's too watery and at first I had to agree but its ability to quench my thirst won out over that minor flaw.

James007
The best beer is Carol Beer.

Wink
Ankhanu
[FuN]goku wrote:
Over in Canada we got Alexander Keith's beer.. Actually i think the brewery is like 2 hours away from me lol ... but... i think my favorite is probly Heineken Smile

The brewery is in Halifax. You a fellow Nova Scotian?
Can't say I can stomach Keith's... or many other mainstream domestics, nor American imports.

A few that I've rather enjoyed:
Delirium Tremens (Belgian) - Very complex flavour. I haven't been able to quite nail down what it tastes like, but it's definitely an interesting beer; perhaps the most interesting I've tried. I highly recommend trying at least one bottle. Carbonation is light and crisp, fruity and almost spicy flavour.

Rickard's White (Canadian) - An unfiltered white beer with a hint of citrus. Served with a little wedge of orange in it, it's a nice moderately weighted beer to go along with a meal or on its own. Around here, it's one of the better beers you can get on tap with any regularity.

Boddington's Pub Ale (English) - A smooth light cream ale. It's not amazing, but is pretty tasty and a good light drinking beer.

I haven't been able to get any Beamish cream ale (Irish) in years... I quite enjoyed it the few times I managed to get it, but it's been too long for me to really comment on just what it tasted like.

I recall enjoying Orval (mentioned on page 1) when I tried it.
Ankhanu
malcolmpreen wrote:
Sounds like you are all talking about Lager Beer....

From my perspective, these are not so special... A proper ale is much more my taste. Out of preference I will choose Fuller's London Pride... and to get drunk Fuller's ESB.

All my preference will be for dark beers... but everyone has their own choice.

Malcolm

I had some Fuller's London Porter... I rather enjoyed it but wasn't able to finish the bottle. Towards the end it was getting to be too much for my palate Smile Very heavy, chocolatey flavour.
rvec
ronbonzo wrote:
Some will say it's too watery and at first I had to agree but its ability to quench my thirst won out over that minor flaw.
Confused Why don't you drink water then, if bad taste is just a "minor flaw"? I prefer heineken or grolsch. Hertog Jan or Erdinger are also nice when it's a bit colder and I only want one or two drinks, and Corona with a lemon is really nice when it's hot.
ronbonzo
rvec wrote:
Confused Why don't you drink water then, if bad taste is just a "minor flaw"?

I didn't say it tasted bad. It's simply a summer beer for hot weather.
Xaferrow
Root Beer Very Happy
watersoul
My favourite is Bays Gold...

http://www.baysbrewery.co.uk/beers.php

...produced by a small local brewery (with national ambitions!) in the lovely Tor-bay that's my home! Smile
Fanghai
keystone
jocaboca
if you ever come to croatia try this beer u wont be sorry, btw u cant buy it in everyplace Wink

cheers all !
oufti
ratebeer best top 50 beers 2012

Notes: All beers listed are awarded RateBeer Best 2012 Gold Medals.

1. Westvleteren 12 Westvleteren Abdij St. Sixtus
2. Närke Kaggen Stormaktsporter Närke Kulturbryggeri
3. Goose Island Rare Bourbon County Stout Goose Island Beer Company (AB-InBev)
4. Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout) Founders Brewing Company
5. Rochefort Trappistes 10 Brasserie Rochefort
6. Bells Hopslam Bells Brewery
7. Russian River Pliny the Younger Russian River Brewing
8. Cigar City Pilot Series Passionfruit and Dragonfruit Berliner Weisse Cigar City Brewing
9. AleSmith Speedway Stout AleSmith Brewing Company
10. Deschutes The Abyss Deschutes Brewery

you can see all listed beers here

http://www.ratebeer.com/RateBeerBest/bestbeers_012012.asp
Cosmoslayer
I like Red Horse. A local beer in the Philippines. Very Happy