FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Very weird persmission and upload problems

Da Rossa
My site is experiencing very wierd problems. I'm using Kompozer (based on NVU) to edit my pages, and I use the built-in FTP function to upload the freshly modified files. Easy.

Today, I got the message, while trying to upload: "550 permission denied"

Then, I tried going manually to my DirectAdmin panel, and upload the files from there. The message was:

Quote:
An Error Occurred

Details

Unable to open /home/darossa/domains/darossa.frih.net/public_html/notas.html for writing

Warning: Saved filesize is less than uploaded filesize. Check quotas.

Click here to go back

After, that, I tried to paste the new html code "in locus", in a manual edit on the DirectAdmin panel itself. The message was:

Quote:
Unable to save your changes

Details

Unable to open /domains/darossa.frih.net/public_html/dir/log.html for writing

darossa Back
DirectAdmin Web Control Panel 2007 JBMC Software

Then, finally, I tried via FileZilla 3.1.5, and the message was the simple "Critical error".

What to do?

Observation: while retrying in order to grab the error messages, I got a "Unable to contact [my ip]" from Firefox.
catscratches
Log into Direct Admin and check the GID/UID of the files. If it's root, you're experiencing the same problem as me. The reason is found here: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-99440.html
Da Rossa
Errr... What are those files? Razz
The rest of the site is working perfectly.. only the permissions to upload new files are experiencing that.. and the topic you provided seem not to be the exact problem... But should I post this there?
QrafTee
Da Rossa wrote:
Errr... What are those files? Razz
The rest of the site is working perfectly.. only the permissions to upload new files are experiencing that.. and the topic you provided seem not to be the exact problem... But should I post this there?

Basically someone hacked into Server 2 and compromised everything on that server. I'm guessing your website is hosted on Server 2, so your permissions have been compromised, and you are not longer able to modify or delete anything owned by "root".
rvec
-closed-
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-99440.html