FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bad ping time, what happen to frihost?

godam64
i got very bad ping respond from frihost and my site. it's totally 100 lost when i use dos command prompt to check the ping.

and sure, my connection to my own site hosted by frihost is so terrible. i got rarely loads my own site 100%. usually only half load then got disconnected. it's not happen to other site.

does it happen to anyone or only me?
what happen to the server?
share your ping result.
Bondings
godam64 wrote:
i got very bad ping respond from frihost and my site. it's totally 100 lost when i use dos command prompt to check the ping.

and sure, my connection to my own site hosted by frihost is so terrible. i got rarely loads my own site 100%. usually only half load then got disconnected. it's not happen to other site.

does it happen to anyone or only me?
what happen to the server?
share your ping result.

Are you sure the problem is on our end? Anyway, please provide us with the url to your website so that I can check.

This forum is hosted on the same server and according to the server stats there hasn't been a high load today, at least not longer than 5 minutes, so I really doubt that is the problem.

But I can't do anything without knowing the exact url of the page where the problem is occuring.
Sunny
Quote:
got very bad ping respond from frihost and my site. it's totally 100 lost when i use dos command prompt to check the ping.

I believe you mean you pinged the site from dos and got 100% lost ie Request Timed Out.

Well pinging a host depends upon the server security permissions, Its reply to your ping request depends upon how it is configured, how firewalls are configured etc.I think frihost uses a firewall or is configured not to reply to those requests unlike google.com

Btw I know this for sure that frihost has a good ping speed infact its ftp server is one of the fastest I've seen.
ateawonton
looks way cute, where am I going to find somebody as cute as that guy, when I do, I am one lucky doggy
Possum
How can I ping FriHost..

Can I ping my website...

thx..
Bondings
Possum wrote:
How can I ping FriHost..

Can I ping my website...

thx..

You normally do it with a console. On linux you need to type "ping frihost.com" and you can replace frihost.com with your website or an ip address. I guess it's more or less the same thing on Windows.
Possum
wow.. it works.. thank.. I really didnt know you could do that