FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

i have installed 2 different joomlas site and neither works

titus1972
so I have 2 sites up. One I moved and one i did a fresh install both 1.5. they are both installed with difficulty I might add but now when I TRY to install and plug-ins or templates or anything for that matter I get this error on both sites:

Example of plug-in error:

* JFolder::create: Path not in open_basedir paths
* JInstaller::install: Failed to create directory. "/usr/home/titus197/domains/titus.frih.org/public_html/soroptimists/plugins/content/jwsigpro"

example of template install error:

* JFolder::create: Path not in open_basedir paths
* Template Install: Failed to create directory. "/usr/home/titus197/domains/titus.frih.org/public_html/soroptimists/templates/ja_galena"

why won't anything install? please enlighten me.
Thanks,
Thomas
titus1972
Sorry guts I blew it I didn't even tell you that I an using joomla 1.5 web sites on and using Deamweaver as well as the directAdmin console for these 2 sites .
Diablosblizz
Your files do not have permissions to create files. You can change this by changing the permission (chmod) to 755, install Joomla then restore it back to default 644.
titus1972
Please help me to understand where (chmod) is and how i might change it. As you may already know this is my first time doing this.

Thanks
titus1972
I Did some digging and found out where the permission setting are changed and i changed it to 755.And nothing changed. Now does that mean I cannot use this install of joomla again? And do I have to reinstall everything again at chmod 755 to install then roll it back to 644 after the install?. Do I have that right?
truespeed
titus1972 wrote:
I Did some digging and found out where the permission setting are changed and i changed it to 755.And nothing changed. Now does that mean I cannot use this install of joomla again? And do I have to reinstall everything again at chmod 755 to install then roll it back to 644 after the install?. Do I have that right?

I can see your joomla installation fine?

http://titus.frih.org/soroptimists/
titus1972
The site is up but I cannot install anything I get and errors when I try to install any templates or plugins or anything. As per the first post on this thread regarding errors problems.