FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does anyone love to write?

yourheartebooks
Are you a writer? What kind of materials do you write?
Coen
I like writing. I usually write stories, but also articles for online papers. The stories aren't really meant for publishing though, they're just for fun.
furtasacra
I'm working on a novel for NaNoWriMo right now. The problem is, I don't think I can possibly finish it before the end of the month, not even as a crappy first draft. It's a fantasy novel, and the concept is a bit too ambitious to complete it in such a short time. I'm still gonna try, though.
Insanity
I blog a bit in my free time as a way to hone my writing skills. I like to write, but I don't think I'm that good at writing yet, so practicing makes perfect.
dbershevits
I am a big fan of writing, I'll write about anything, and at anytime. I'm having a hard time keeping them all in one place.
mgeek
I write mostly instructional materials. Then I maintain a blog onliine. I have a published book, but it features not my writing but my drawings. I've written for a newspaper, but right now, my work is mostly on the web.
sana618
well i used to write before, but i stopped it, my friend tried to make me write again and i even tried honestly but for some reason can't. maybe in time i'll start again. but never wrot for any papers or magzins or blogs just for myself n my friend that's all.
Wolf1918
furtasacra wrote:
I'm working on a novel for NaNoWriMo right now. The problem is, I don't think I can possibly finish it before the end of the month, not even as a crappy first draft. It's a fantasy novel, and the concept is a bit too ambitious to complete it in such a short time. I'm still gonna try, though.

I like to write too and I also signed up for the NaNoWriMo, but since November is over, obviously I'm not going to make it. I had my idea, also a Fantasy but more of a SciFi. My problem was that I came down with pneumonia (sp?) and was in the emergency room Nov. 1st. but with no insurance I couldn't afford the medications I was supposed to take, so I'm still trying to recover after over a month. Plus, even while sick I've been trying to help my aunt and uncle with some major problems that can't be put off and I'm also dealing with the emotional upset of one of my nieces dying of brain cancer.

Not a good month to try to write a novel of at least 50,000 words.

Chad
crimson_aria
I have always wanted to write. But I just don't think I have the talent for it. I tried writing stories before it just did not work out.
saibulu
I love to write. I wish I had more time for writing. When I get a chance, I love to write all kinds of things, but especially short-story fiction and children's stories. My kids are a great inspiration. They're always making an innocent comment that they're sincere about but adults find amusing. It's fun to turn those comments into stories--either for children, or for adults.
imera
I love to write, I love a lot of things that you need to use some creativity for. But I know my writing is bad, since English is my third language I don't think I would do so well with it, too many faults, and I don't like the other languages I know so I suck at that, but I do write whenever I want to.

Mostly I write fan fiction, great for learning, and I have tried to write a fantasy novel when I was about 16 years, but school caught up with me and I stooped it. I would love to write in my future, and maybe even manage to finish something that I might want to give away as a gift since I'll probably never manage and publish anything.
eday2010
I used to like writing short stories when I was younger. These days I don't have the patience to spend all that time writing, let alone something no one will get to read.

"But why not put it on a blog", someone might eventually ask.

Because blogs are stupid.
jabce85
yeap, love it... mainly poetry, but i've got a killer idea for a novel that i'm going to start soon
Arseniy
Yeah, I write poems and I enjoy doing it very-very-very much!!!
I'm not graphomaniac, I just try to express my feelings in the words.
It is a pity that all my works are in Ukrainian or Russian... otherwise I'd post it here.
ptfrances
I sometimes take the time to write but you need reflexion and plenty of time to do that and write something valuable Wink
paul_indo
I have jotted down three concepts for novels which I believe may be interesting but I have to get off my a** and start writing them. Laughing Laughing

I have tried to come up with concepts which are current but haven't been done yet, to my knowledge.
tamint
i write only at the tests :d
dmystic
i tried to write once.... the result was sooooooooo bad that i stopped. not enough inspiration for it....
westcp
Hey all

I can write.

When im focussed. When ins choolIwrote a few short stories. Twisted fantasies and the like.

I have written poems on the www.poetry.com website (Christopher West: 10 things I love about you and Memoires for a Loved One)

I have also written articles for Art and Online Advertising and am working on a few more.

If anyone wants some content for websites, speak to me. Good rates!

Anyway

thats about it from me

cheers
saratdear
I do write. I am working on a novel right now, and have written around 4 chapters. I'd love to get ti published. Very Happy
soljarag
not really.. and now that im done with school.. i doubt i'll write anything major again
JessieF
I enjoy writing immensely! Surprised I write poetry and short stories. Currently I am working on a novel.
I post all my work on my website.
sana618
for the first time in my life i've let others read something i've written..... that is to say previously i used to write for myself now my friend succesed in convincing me to write and post it in this forum which i did, i've posted a poem and i'm very thriled about it even though no one replied or commented about it atleast people have seen it.
Sphaerenkern
I was a dungeonmaster/gameleader in Pen&Paper-RPGs, then I wrote a story which is now about 230 pages - but now I think the story isn't only pretty lame, but that I also missed the point of a story, forgot to introduce proper strands and so on... maybe I'll start again.
mgeek
Sphaerenkern wrote:
I was a dungeonmaster/gameleader in Pen&Paper-RPGs, then I wrote a story which is now about 230 pages - but now I think the story isn't only pretty lame, but that I also missed the point of a story, forgot to introduce proper strands and so on... maybe I'll start again.

Man, 230 pages ... I can barely complete a hundred pages on one topic.
Insanity
I do quite a bit of writing for classes at school, but I'm sure that's not what you're talking about, though sometimes I get to write short stories and fiction.

I don't write a lot of fiction and stories, because I'm not that creative. However, I do keep up a blog and I enjoy writing about things in my life and other random things. It's a good outlet for creativity, and it's an extremely useful skill to have in life, to be able to communicate your thoughts verbally. I wouldn't mind writing fiction if I had the time to do so though.
PatTheGreat42
I like writing. I write for the school's magazine. It's a humor magazine, so I like to write for it as a creative outlet that all my pent up artistry doesn't get to release on Chemistry.
dude_xyx
I used to write when I was a teen. Si-Fi stuff. But I'm a lazy guy when it comes to writing so usually most end up in half.
youandmephotography
I do enjoy writing, but I find that my classes are changing the style of my writing, depending on which one I am writing for. Perhaps next year I will be able to write freely again, instead of being limited to the extreme of two formatted systems (scientific etc.).
Melacos
I've always loved writing, and well, I've always felt it was something that came naturally to me. Through my studies I get to do a lot of it - mostly in academical ways though - but would like to expand my audience, so that it won't be only professors and co-students who'll see it.

At the moment I'm planning on applying for some freelance-positions, where I hope to be able to mix my skills in soc. anthro. with a more popular/journalistic approach to writing, and thereby reaching 'the masses'..
supernova1987a
I love writing and think i should take literature pretty soon in college. i also wrote poetry, though good for myself. i wrote really good essays in school but i am not that good anymore. i still writing what i have in my mind in blog. however my blogs not popular. i need to enrich my vocabulary as well and read more and more books.