FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mobile towers in residential area

bukaida
Recently our co-operative has decided to install a mobile tower inside our residential complex. The tower will be installed on the roof top of a two storied building. The proposed structure is surrounded by our houses each of which is a four storied building. The average distance from building to tower is 10-25 meters. I have heard that these towers radiates harmful microwave radiations but the authorities are claiming that this distance (15 meter) is safe for human beings. I have a two year old boy along with my seventy years old father.I want to know how far is it safe for these two people open to a 24 hrs radiation? please help with information.
HamsterMan
Here's a little something i snatched up on the net.

Quote:
As a worst-case scenario in terms of exposure to RF radiation, consider a cell tower located only 30 meters (about 100 feet) away, and transmitting a total of 500W effective radiated power (ERP). Of course, if you are only 30 meters from the transmitting antennas, you also are likely well below their horizontal beam centers even if severe downtilt is used. But for the sake of our worst-case analysis, let's assume that the full 500W is aimed right at you. In that case, the RF power density where you are standing would be 4.4 microwatts per square centimeter. For comparison, the FCC's mandated power density limits for continuous uncontrolled RF exposure by the general public are 600 and 1,000 microwatts per square centimeter for 900 and 1900 MHz signals, respectively. Even in our highly unlikely worst-case scenario, RF exposure levels would be well under 1 percent of the maximum deemed safe by the FCC.

Of course, analysis based upon government regulations won't satisfy everyone, so here's another way to look at it. VHF TV broadcasts often transmit at power levels exceeding one megawatt ERP from antenna towers well within 1 kilometer of residential areas. At a distance of 1 kilometer, a 1-megawatt ERP transmission would result in a power density of just under 8 microwatts per square centimeter, still nearly twice our worst case value from a nearby cell tower. Yet nobody seems worried about health risks from VHF TV broadcasts.
bukaida
Ok , finaly the municipality authority and the councilor has heard our plea and refused to give the permission to the secretary to install it.Also they have assured us that soon a rule is going to be formulated so that mobile tower cannot be installed in thick populated area.