FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Silly "Journalism"





jmi256
Ok, I'm not an Obama fan, but I think this type of coverage is silly. With all the real differences and issues the writer could hone in on in the last few weeks of the campaign, couldn't he find something more substantial?

Quote:

Can't lose: Obama backs Rays, Phillies

Barack Obama, campaigning in the key swing state of Florida, is seeking to capitalize on the excitement over the World Series-bound Tampa Bay Rays, telling a Tampa crowd he was “showing some love for the Rays,” several members of which joined him onstage.

Only problem?

Obama, a self-avowed Chicago White Sox fan, declared his allegiance earlier this month for the Rays’ National League opponent in baseball’s championship, the Philadelphia Phillies.


Source=http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14750.html
{name here}
jmi256 wrote:
Ok, I'm not an Obama fan, but I think this type of coverage is silly. With all the real differences and issues the writer could hone in on in the last few weeks of the campaign, couldn't he find something more substantial?

Quote:

Can't lose: Obama backs Rays, Phillies

Barack Obama, campaigning in the key swing state of Florida, is seeking to capitalize on the excitement over the World Series-bound Tampa Bay Rays, telling a Tampa crowd he was “showing some love for the Rays,” several members of which joined him onstage.

Only problem?

Obama, a self-avowed Chicago White Sox fan, declared his allegiance earlier this month for the Rays’ National League opponent in baseball’s championship, the Philadelphia Phillies.


Source=http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14750.html


Who knows? Maybe someone will go for McCain because they hate the White Sox. Laughing
handfleisch
I agree it's silly. And watching McCain and Obama at that "roast", poking fun at each other and themselves -- showing a sense of humor that made them both seem more like regular people -- made me wonder why the campaigns have to be so serious and dead. Why do the debates have to be so mean-spirited. If they both would lighten up, I think people would be relieved. It might even help the country if they would behave with more light-hearted confidence like that night.
Silk2008
Maistream media is corrupt! Don't trust it. The current crash in the market was purposely engineered by the banking elite to get the American people to beg for some kind of solution, which happened. What did we get? Another step twards a global currency run by private global banks. Read InfoWars.com and learn what is happening right in front of you. You owe it to yourself, your family, and the future of this great country! Don't be another cow with your head stuck in the butt of the cow in front of you watching CNN while your herded into the slaughter house. Arm yourself with knowledge of history and know that it does repeat itself. No-one ever said that being a patriot means that you trust and love the current government. It just means that you believe in the constitution and know that the men who set this country up knew exactly what they were doing, and were genious. Before you even reply accusing me of being a conspiracy theorist, do your homework! Research the Federal Reserve system, and fiat currency.
Google the "Gulf of Tonkin incident" and learn how the U.S. staged an attack on Navy warships to get the American people behind a war in Viet Nam(now declassified). Now think about 9/11 and the war in Iraq! Wake up people! Do some freaking homework and take back this country! Realize that the mainstream media is bought and paid for by the global elite. Don't believe me? Research who owns CNN, Fox News, ABC, CBS, NBC ect......
mejo1900
I feel like in general the things brought up in a big scale election are silly and a waste of time...but authors write what people want to hear..and real politics is dry and boring.
handfleisch
mejo1900 wrote:
I feel like in general the things brought up in a big scale election are silly and a waste of time...but authors write what people want to hear..and real politics is dry and boring.


I dunno... I've always thought that people should be into politics like they are into baseball... statistics, heavy hitters, bats right, etc. I think lately it's coming true, like with Saturday Night Live lampooning George Soros and Barney Frank -- people in these positions didn't use to be in the public consciousness enough to have fun with, but now they are.
liljp617
Silk2008 wrote:
Maistream media is corrupt! Don't trust it. The current crash in the market was purposely engineered by the banking elite to get the American people to beg for some kind of solution, which happened. What did we get? Another step twards a global currency run by private global banks. Read InfoWars.com and learn what is happening right in front of you. You owe it to yourself, your family, and the future of this great country! Don't be another cow with your head stuck in the butt of the cow in front of you watching CNN while your herded into the slaughter house. Arm yourself with knowledge of history and know that it does repeat itself. No-one ever said that being a patriot means that you trust and love the current government. It just means that you believe in the constitution and know that the men who set this country up knew exactly what they were doing, and were genious. Before you even reply accusing me of being a conspiracy theorist, do your homework! Research the Federal Reserve system, and fiat currency.
Google the "Gulf of Tonkin incident" and learn how the U.S. staged an attack on Navy warships to get the American people behind a war in Viet Nam(now declassified). Now think about 9/11 and the war in Iraq! Wake up people! Do some freaking homework and take back this country! Realize that the mainstream media is bought and paid for by the global elite. Don't believe me? Research who owns CNN, Fox News, ABC, CBS, NBC ect......


And Bush did 9/11....

You really want people to take your stance with any bit of seriousness? Come on...

And you think the mainstream media puts out corrupt ideas LOL
handfleisch
liljp617 wrote:


And Bush did 9/11....

You really want people to take your stance with any bit of seriousness? Come on...

And you think the mainstream media puts out corrupt ideas LOL

This post is hard to understand, care to explain? The Gulf of Tonkin non-incident that served as pretense for the Vietnam war is accepted historical fact.
liljp617
handfleisch wrote:
liljp617 wrote:


And Bush did 9/11....

You really want people to take your stance with any bit of seriousness? Come on...

And you think the mainstream media puts out corrupt ideas LOL

This post is hard to understand, care to explain? The Gulf of Tonkin non-incident that served as pretense for the Vietnam war is accepted historical fact.


And everything else is hysterical conspiracy theories created by nutjobs in their basements. Not to mention the delivery of his post was humorous. "Don't be a sheep, I'm not a sheep because I read random conspiracy theories on random websites and watch goofy documentaries."
handfleisch
Quote:
And everything else is hysterical conspiracy theories created by nutjobs in their basements. Not to mention the delivery of his post was humorous. "Don't be a sheep, I'm not a sheep because I read random conspiracy theories on random websites and watch goofy documentaries."


I agree with you, the tone of the post was a bit scattered. I just think you reacted a bit irrationally and emotionally too. Now you acknowledge that the Gulf of Tonkin reference was sound; how about the reference to Iraq? Though the post doesn't mention WMD, if that was what was being referred to, I think it's another fair point in the list that doesn't fall under "hysterical conspiracy theory".
liljp617
handfleisch wrote:
Quote:
And everything else is hysterical conspiracy theories created by nutjobs in their basements. Not to mention the delivery of his post was humorous. "Don't be a sheep, I'm not a sheep because I read random conspiracy theories on random websites and watch goofy documentaries."


I agree with you, the tone of the post was a bit scattered. I just think you reacted a bit irrationally and emotionally too. Now you acknowledge that the Gulf of Tonkin reference was sound; how about the reference to Iraq? Though the post doesn't mention WMD, if that was what was being referred to, I think it's another fair point in the list that doesn't fall under "hysterical conspiracy theory".


Came across as more of a "the government set up 9/11 so we could invade the Middle East."
Related topics
php includes
Which is better Xbox or PC
Xbox 360 vs PS3
SEARCHING FOR MR. GOOD-WAR
Simpsons better known than First Ammendment
What is your computer related obsession?
Indian student shot dead in US
nikki here...........introducing myself seems silly.........
How to set up a proxy server at home?
That silly no one celebrates that much
The Last Movie You Saw?
This is so absurd, i could not make it up
Guns, knives and personal security
Arab Journalism Awards 2011
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Politics

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.