FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

100 days free licence for Kaspersky Internet Security 2009

bukaida
Readers of Computer Shopper magazine can get 100 days free license for latest version of Kaspersky Internet Security 2009, but others can also benefit from this offer following the step-by-step method below.

Download the Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 Trial.
Now visit this special Computer Shopper promotional page.
Enter the asked details (you can enter fake information and disposable email address if you have privacy concerns), and submit the form.
Now for verification as a Computer Shopper reader, you will be asked to enter the fifth word of the sixth step from page 133 of issue 249, Simply, Enter “also” (without quotes) as answer and press Submit .
UPDATE: If the question changes, keep refreshing the page without clicking the submit button until you get the desired question(fifth word of the sixth step ) Smile
Studio Madcrow
Nice to know. I use linux, though, so I don't need any of this stuff. I'm naturally virus-free Razz
bukaida
Kaspersky themselves giving it for 6 month (for India). Go to http://www.kasperskyindia.com/registration.asp and fill the form.The key will be mailed to you.
dude_xyx
that 100 day offer is a international promo or only for UK ?
xcloudy
It looks good, so do the kaspersky.
dalibor
It dont work.
ocalhoun
I would be wary of doing a free trial of any antivirus software, because they can be difficult to get rid of after you install them, and by being difficult to get rid of, it may force you to get the paid version.
(Though I have no experience with Kaspersky in particular, I have seen antivirus programs that could only be removed by using another antivirus suite to kill them.)

Personally, I would recommend AVG free as a better choice; it is free forever, not for just 100 days.
jon_k
I would not suggest this antivirus to any one my school gives all students laptops and this is what is on it and it makes them incredibly slow
jmlworld
I was using Kaspersky for two years and it finally expired earlier this year. Its good anti-virus and it has very solid defense.

When it expired I had no local dealer to renew or buy new one so I Googled a free and reliable anti-virus that can fill the gab.

I downloaded AVG's free version and I enabled the daily update option. I can say that my computer is protected and AVG is as good as Kaspersky. Why someone will need to buy anti-virus while AVG is available for free?
seba3977
sounds like a good deal, i think ill follow those steps thx mate Smile
bukaida
The defination of good antivirus varies from person to person. kaspersky internet security not only guard against virus but also from spyware and malwares.The antivirus guards only agaist virus not spywares.You need to install a antispyware also for complete security.

The method described in my first post is valid for all over the world, not only uk as myself is residing in India.
ocalhoun
bukaida wrote:
The antivirus guards only agaist virus not spywares.

I actually prefer having a separate anti-spyware/malware program. It gives you more flexibility on just how you want (or don't want) to be protected.
fadirocks
I'm happy with my Avira which is free Smile
frenz
bukaida wrote:
Readers of Computer Shopper magazine can get 100 days free license for latest version of Kaspersky Internet Security 2009, but others can also benefit from this offer following the step-by-step method below.

Download the Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 Trial.
Now visit this special Computer Shopper promotional page.
Enter the asked details (you can enter fake information and disposable email address if you have privacy concerns), and submit the form.
Now for verification as a Computer Shopper reader, you will be asked to enter the fifth word of the sixth step from page 133 of issue 249, Simply, Enter “also” (without quotes) as answer and press Submit .
UPDATE: If the question changes, keep refreshing the page without clicking the submit button until you get the desired question(fifth word of the sixth step ) Smile

THIS OFFER IS NOW OVER
frenz
fadirocks wrote:
I'm happy with my Avira which is free Smile

me too i prefer avira antivir personal for free light in memory good detection & it has self defense protection
frenz
bukaida wrote:
Kaspersky themselves giving it for 6 month (for India). Go to http://www.kasperskyindia.com/registration.asp and fill the form.The key will be mailed to you.

thanks for this sharing bro im waiting for my email to download, i have question what is pin code is it required what pin code should enter? Question
forkei
I would rather ESET nod32
frenz
bukaida wrote:

Kaspersky Anti-Virus when you visit http://www.kasperskyindia.com/registration.asp it says password stealer website at Anti-Phishing Question