FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Malware = Warning: Spyware threat has been detected on ...

standready
This popped up on my desktop a couple of days ago right pass AVG anti-virus.

"Warning: Spyware threat has been detected on your PC" and goes on "Your computer has several fatal errors due to spyware activity" and provided a link.

AVG found bits of this bugger but was unable to sucessfully completely remove it. I searched the web for solutions. I added/ran several different programs without luck. Finally, I found Malwarebytes' anti-malware. That program removed the bugger.

I hope this helps anyone else that gets hit by this bugger.
[/u]
Diablosblizz
Defiantly Malwarebytes is a great program to have in your army of self defence. I like that it's free as well, so it goes along with my Spybot. You should also try some spyware scanners, if you haven't already to see if you are still infected with other unknown things.

Ad-Aware is also a great program to have, so I'd sugest that. Good luck, and congrats, on your quest.
joomla
my favourite is still Eset nod32. it is very good and can be tested for 30 days for free.
google for it, and you see that most people find that it is actually the best virus and malware scanner there is. it updates every day and even detects virusses that are not in the database yet..

good luck with your computer Smile
Teezgaff
I would also recommend nod32 and superantispyware (free)
ggrbgl
A Very good Online Scanner:
http://www.hijackthis.de/en

Just open hijackthis.exe make a scan and put the logfile into the box on the website. This site provides an online analysis for the logfile.