FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Would you date your best friend's ex?

Insanity
Why, or why not?
ssthanapati
NO.... Why ruin friendship with my best friends for a girl.... Its better to stay outta trouble then to get into it first and then waste time solving the problem
TomS
It would only be capableof ruining your friendship, if your friend's ex left him and he still cares.
Otherwise your friend wouldn't care, I think.
Since my best friend had had only ugly girlfriends, I say NO^^
smasha
Would depend on how serious they were, but generally as a rule NO!
Bikerman
Nah, but I'd give her a damn good seeing to....Smile
Sphaerenkern
Why not? It's my business who I date and it's his Ex-girlfriend, so I don't ruin a relationship, do I?
But I doubt that I fall in love with the ex-girlfriends of friends Smile
b4r4t
hmm ... NO. There is no such girl which is worth to lose best friend :)By the way ... I and my Friend - we both have a little different taste and that means -> almost no problem Smile
vicar013
Good question, but 'date' is a dubious word to use. As <Bikerman> points out quite humorously: a lot of people (not just guys) would do the dirty given half the chance and worry about consequences later... its human nature, and given that you're gonna be quite close to you're best friends ex by proxy its bound to happen occasionally, even with some of you who say 'Ohhh No, not me'.

Me, I wouldn't of course... I've been through too much of that to be screwing over my best friends, it feels bad all round. Unless you're honest about it. But then, of course, you might as well have a threesome eh, wink wink, nudge nudge. everyones a winner ;-P '''' >-|o
chi0
Mates before dates, always! So definitely not!
Ghost Rider103
I am actually dating one of my best friends X-girlfriends. We have been together for quite some time now, and it is very serious between us.

My friend at first acted a little bit different around me, but he told me he did not care, so I just did what I wanted to do. A few weeks later he was back to normal.

So to answer your question, yes.
watersoul
I wouldn't do it now, but I have done it in the past, he'd been with her a couple of months then split for maybe 3 months and I bumped into her on a night out.
We ended up having a relationship for 2 years, but it did strain my friendship a little although we're good now. There's so many people out there I reckon my friends ex's are easily off-limits!
apple
No.

Why? Cause I'm sure my friend would have shared stuff about their ex with me and that makes it wrong.

Plus, I see it as going through his/her garbage.
rightclickscott
I would probably do it if she was hot and interested in me. After all, she's single again, and hopefully he'd understand. If he doesn't, then cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.
atul2242
I do it...
and I think most people would - after all you know each other
and if their is any mutual attraction is should be allowed to grow naturally....
and enjoy
nigam
maybe, for a friendships because it is only a date and there is nothing wrong with that.
keemuph
There are no rules that its not allowed to date of your Best friend ex. The only thing that you need to consider is that you need to follow your will, learn how to keep your good relationship with your best friend and the last is you will be dating just for friendship not for anything else.
guissmo
TomS wrote:
It would only be capableof ruining your friendship, if your friend's ex left him and he still cares.
Otherwise your friend wouldn't care, I think.
Since my best friend had had only ugly girlfriends, I say NO^^

That's not very nice to say about your bestfriend's choice of mates. LOL.

Ghost rider103 wrote:

I am actually dating one of my best friends X-girlfriends. We have been together for quite some time now, and it is very serious between us.

My friend at first acted a little bit different around me, but he told me he did not care, so I just did what I wanted to do. A few weeks later he was back to normal.

So to answer your question, yes.

Don't you feel awkward when the three of you are together?

Well, the thing is, why would you date someone who your best friend did not like for something (and thus the break up).
Ghost Rider103
Actually, the three of us werent around eachother very much, because she did not want to be around him at all.

Though the times we were all three together, it did feel kind of akward in the beginning, but it's all good now.
stel4e
I don't think I would, simply because we don't have same taste for men Smile
Tamoko
I think it depends...normally no...but if the struck of lighting is strong, why should you not. I think your friend will understand after a while. But you should not neglect your friend as well. I certainly would not date an ex of a friend just for fun. Only when I'm pretty sure of a good relationship, I should follow my feelings in this case
BlackroseDigitalDesigns
I do believe the band Custom put it best with "There is no piece of ass worth a friendship" in the song 'Morning Spank'

There are plenty of ladies in the world, but not so many best friends out there. Why waste it.
Greatking
I dont think you should do that because if you say it your BEST friend then what will that friend think of you. That will be terrible and are you ready to loose that frien?
deanhills
It would feel like a betrayal of a kind I think. Doubt I would want to do that. Doubt it would even come up for me.
manlear
No, at my age usually they get back together within a week or 2 and then break back up because they are stupid. But anywho. its as simple as this. Bro's before Hoes. (No offense girls)
gverutes
Only yes, if you can feel comfortable enough asking your best friend for their approval. Some friends would not mind. However, if you think it will at all cause tension -- then, NO WAY!
tingkagol
Dating is okay I guess. It will probably upset your best friend for a bit.

The difference is when you fall in love with his ex, and if that's the case - I say DO IT. Because if there's something I have learned about falling in love - it's feeling like nothing can stop you. and I mean NOTHING.

And if your best friend is upset as first, I'm sure eventually he'll respect and make way for your deep feelings for his ex. In some cases, he may even help you.
Parkour_Jarrod
I am dating one of my best friends (as in not my best friend but one of them) ex.

Her name is Kiara and i love her, she almost didn't go out with me because of what he did to her. He dumped her on the first day of the new school year in the most lowlife way i can imagine... via text(sms).

He was a bit of a dick afterward but recently redeemed himself, i asked him what he thought about it and he told me i shouldn't care as long as we are both happy he didn't care. "The past is the past, and life is life" he said. so i don't think its a bad thing.
cavey
Friends exes are off limits. I do not think I could fall in love with one either. It's just so "wrong".
wiureczka
You can lose your friend that's way.
That's always diffucult for the both sides. You must consider what this person was for your friend.
tingkagol
Quote:
Friends exes are off limits. I do not think I could fall in love with one either. It's just so "wrong".

You guys have never been in love have you?
Smile
jessicawalker
A few years ago, maybe. When things weren't so grown up and serious. I'm 22 now, but in high school, I had a rather large friend group and there was quite a lot of dating and breaking up within the group and everyone remaining friends. But then again, what did we know of love then? Not much. We were all just screwing around and having fun then.

Not these days though. Besides the fact that I got hitched, I don't think that I could date anyone who I couldn't bring around my best friend without it being terribly awkward. No fun.