FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Make the Website and go for the job or just get it ready.

chasbeen
I was off from work a lot this year because of a fairly serious fender bender when I limped out of bed in June I wanted to do a pet project so here it is.

It's a slightly different way of showing yourself on the web. What are you and what would you like to show?

I basically want job seekers (or potential job seekers) out there creating free websites with the online facilities available and I especially want to hear if you get any job interviews from it and (obviously) how you got on using it.

You can navigate to "Resume Central" from the first page (Left panel at the bottom)

Have a look at
http://www.irunmywebsite.com/ and if you feel good about your website and actually want to practice sending it to someone you could practice on your friends first.

This is a completely new concept because you are the "gaurdian" of your own private information.

We cannot see it and only those you choose to show it to (Eg:Potential Employer) will see it.

Very Happy Smile Surprised Cool Confused Laughing cheers Exclamation Exclamation

BROWSER COMPATIBILITY NOTES:
COOKIES MUST BE ON(Usually on by default in 99% of computers).
JAVASCRIPT MUST BE ON(Usually on by default in 99% of computers).
IE6 100% working.
IE7 100% working.
Moz/FF 100% working.
Safari 95% working.
Opera 80% working.

OR CLICK ON LINK JUST BELOW THIS WHICH WILL BE MORE DIRECT
http://www.irunmywebsite.com/websitesub/resumepg.html
PLEASE REPORT BUGS WHICH WILL BE GREATFULLY APPRECIATED
tamilparks
very nice theme, very good project.
rmrueger
I like the theme, but the overall look of the website seems well, just outdated.
javascript image loader? was that what i see?

The best advice I can give you is rethink your logo.
A logo goes a long way. Typically, a logo's design is for immediate recognition of ones company.
The animations and clipart just seems unoriginal and unprofessional, also. If you would like any help with a photo editor or ideas, try a website such as www.good-tutorials.com.

Great Start.
Keep up the Good Work
and sorry to hear about the accident.
chasbeen
Old Message:Website done.
I'm greatful that you visited my website and came back with your comments. Very Happy

I'm going to open up the free website maker which i'm hoping people will be interested in as a practical tool as it will be slightly different because private information will not be held on the server but on the user's machine.

That might be finished next week. Wink

I'm experimenting with the art as that is an area i'm not as strong in.

Idea Idea Idea
I AM INTERESTED IN PEOPLE PLAYING WITH THE EDITABLE WEBPAGE ALSO so I would appreciate people changing it.
Idea Idea Idea

1 warning.Please post stuff that is not offensive...

The free website maker is not fully finished yet but still works also.
Come play with the website :

Thanks----> http://www.irunmywebsite.com
chasbeen
Old Message:Website done.

Thanks for the changes you have all made on the website.
Don't forget to come back and tell me about it when your done Exclamation
airh3ad
Nice website very good color its like simple abstract its , white and orange color are good combination.
chasbeen
I am looking for interested individuals who would like to experiment building their own resume website using the online tools that can be found at http://www.irunmywebsite.com/.

To navigate to it, you need to go to the main page and click the word "here" that can be found on the left at the bottom.

Imagine you are an employer and you recieve an email with a link to an applicants website?
You use the link in the email and get to the website and on it you have:
(1)A downloadable resume/cv (Downloadable in 2 formats) belonging to the candidate.
(2)A Cover letter which covers half the web page.
(3)An "at a glance" portfolio next to the Cover letter containing:
(a)Pictures associated with you. (You can use some of the default ones or be creative)
(b)Availability
(c)Brief Education details
(d)Brief Career details
(e)Brief Other skills

Now as an owner of these websites you can be selective as to who you "point the website to" but with one you have a significant tool that could enhance your career. You know you do not get any benefits for staying with companies for a great number of years and it is often the case that people have left a company to join another, only to return to the ORIGINAL company, but in a much higher position.

The "point the website to" facility exists at a place called "Resume Central". Along with the online editing facilities for editing your Resume, Cover Letter and "at a glance" Portfolio, job application becomes as simple as entering:
(1)Job advertisers email.
(2)Job advertisers name.
(3)Advertised job name and associated number.
(4)Clicking a "Send to job advertisers" button.

As a bonus your personal details held in the resume are completely invisible to anyone else but yourself (We cannot see them either as these are held on your computer in a cookie)
Obviously all other content of your website is held at our domain but the personal information is held on your computer.

In addition to the fun part of creating this website and making it perfect there is the fun of very easily picking who you send the link to it.

I can guarantee you will have fun with it. It comes with online help also...