FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Confuse with life.

annapurnatraders
Hi,
I am a professional self made Graphic Designer. I do freelancing as well. I have a more than 3years of experience in pre-press production area in advertising field. I want to extend my career in designing.
Wherever i apply for higher position like senior graphic designer / Managers / DTP they ask for qualifications. Which i don't have. I am so feed of applying to different place as salary is kinda stuck (same wages) where i am working at the moment.
So i am so confused of changing career to architecture design or industrial design or do MBA or stay where i am.
And i prefer doing online courses or part time evening classes because i work full-time.
Can anyone please advise me what to study and is there any kind of online courses for P/T ?.
Ghost Rider103
Well if you are making enough money where you are, and you enjor it, then what is the reason for changing positions?

Getting to a senior designer takes time, same with any high up ranking. Three years is actually not that long. Many company's require 7+ years of experience before you are allowed to be lead/senior designer.

If you just want to get to the higher up place because you want more money, well I think everyone is like that, but nobody can reach the top just like that. You have to work at it, and keep working at it.

But if you are finding that you aren't making enough money to support yourself (and family if you have one), and you can't get a raise/higher position, well then majoring in something different might be a better choice.

Architecture design is a pretty good road to go down to, especially if you already have experience in Graphic Designing. Though it is deffiniately a tougher road, but the money is much better.

There is online courses, but I doubt they would be as good as actually sitting down with someone in a classroom. They also cost a lot more money.

Well hope some of this helps you out, good luck.
annapurnatraders
Thank you very much for your advise thats really kind of you. It really boost my enthusiasm.

the main thing is;
Money is ok, i am satisfied with the environment but not with my job. I mean I want to grow within the company with executives position. i wish i would win lottery or something like that to finance my studies. I am so desperate to do this architecture design now. Then i think i will take time to do my MBA. i certainly want to do MBA in my life. the main thing is time. since i work full time; i don't know how to manage time to study arch.d.
I had a dream of earning lots of money ever since i was a child with luxurious life. Which is obviously everyones.

there is reason behind why i need lots of money. My hobby is to get as much money as i can so that i can donate to people who are really in bad situation than me. I used to have and still have some sponsors around the world (UK specially) and get draft/cheque and for their education people who can't afford to go to school. And i also help people with lending money who don't have credit cards or money instant for their higher education. Sometimes i ask help with my parents as well. but, i do charge them interest when they get good job or extra income.
do you think this is good? or am i being very sceptical.

anyway thankyou once again for your kind advise and thanks for good luck.

i really need that one.
XXX
internetjobs
why dont you start own business if you can invent money..
annapurnatraders
internetjobs wrote:
why dont you start own business if you can invent money..

I don't have sufficient money to start a business. I think i did said before, i need lot of money but, i don't have that much money to start a business. Its really costly. I have to loose my job to start a business which i can't afford to do at the moment. May be i am looking for Another thing, i am alone; i need to have a business partner to start something new. I am scared to do on my own.
ciureanuc
"I am a professional self made Graphic Designer. I do freelancing as well. I have a more than 3years of experience in pre-press production area in advertising field. I want to extend my career in designing.
Wherever i apply for higher position like senior graphic designer / Managers / DTP they ask for qualifications. Which i don't have. I am so feed of applying to different place as salary is kinda stuck (same wages) where i am working at the moment.
So i am so confused of changing career to architecture design or industrial design or do MBA or stay where i am.
And i prefer doing online courses or part time evening classes because i work full-time.
Can anyone please advise me what to study and is there any kind of online courses for P/T ?."

First of all, you didn't tell us you age. Second of all, you must tell us also what exactly is your experience.
I am also an artworker with EIGHT years of experience. Yet I don't consider myself a Graphic Designer even I have experience as a Graphic Designer for many projects.
I am working for an advertising agency. When I saw what exactly Graphic Designers are doing, I consider myself A WORM! Really man, take a look in an advertising agency portfolio.
Believe me, if you are good enough, you don't need any degree. But I guess you are not so "tough" to beat up a truly professional Graphic Designer.
Your fight is also my fight; but the gap is big.
Some leaflets, some newspaper/magazines pages, two logos and few animated banners don't qualify you (or me) as a Graphic Designer.
If you are 21 you have plenty of time, if you are 30 (like myself) I guess that you have to accept the gap and to fight twice as hard... but this may be quite difficult when your job is 8 hours a day AS AN ARTWORKER!

Check my website www.rofreelance.net/dtp and tell me: Should I have to consider myself a Graphic Designer? Smile Because I don't.
annapurnatraders
I guess you are right. I shouldn't be calling myself a graphic designer. As a freelancer, i am getting quite a few works every month. I guess i have to keep my work steady to do something. huh!

thanks for your comment.
XXX
standready
annapurnatraders wrote:
there is reason behind why i need lots of money. My hobby is to get as much money as i can so that i can donate to people who are really in bad situation than me. I used to have and still have some sponsors around the world (UK specially) and get draft/cheque and for their education people who can't afford to go to school. And i also help people with lending money who don't have credit cards or money instant for their higher education. Sometimes i ask help with my parents as well. but, i do charge them interest when they get good job or extra income.
do you think this is good? or am i being very sceptical.

That is a good goal to help others.

annapurnatraders wrote:
Wherever i apply for higher position like senior graphic designer / Managers / DTP they ask for qualifications. Which i don't have.

If you want to move into these positions, work on getting the qualifications they require.

Best of luck to you.
jspike44
start your own business
martinus28
yeah, if youre the master of a factory, then you earn fast money Wink
annapurnatraders
jspike44 wrote:
start your own business

thanks guys,

i really do appreciate whateva everyone said about doing right things.
I have started my own business now. Through word of mouth i have started getting work.
Now i work in day time for myself & night time for other companies.
I think i am having pretty clear vision of my path.

XXX