FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[HELP] PHP (and some MyBB) Administration

Horizon
ACP = Admin Control Pannel (FYI)

Now I know not everybody knows how to use MyBB coding, but I'll try to make this as clear as I possibly can.

I am trying to finish up this bit of code for administrators. Here are the codes needed:

$mybb->settings['admin_uids']
(This variable is set in the ACP. My current variable is: 1)
($mybb->settings['admin_uids'] IS 1)
(The number 1 is the ID of the user viewing the page. Read further below for more detail.)

$mybb->user['uid']
(This variable is called from a database. It's the users ID, which is auto_incremented, meaning you can never have the same ID as another user.)
(If a user that has the UID of 4, is logged in, and is viewing the page, then $mybb->user['uid'] would be 4.)

Now since my ID is 1, and the $mybb->settings['admin_uids'] CONTAINS the number 1, I use the following PHP code:

Code:

if ($mybb->user['uid'] == $mybb->settings['admin_uids'])
{
echo "You are logged in as an administrator.";
}

Which, if you are extremely confused, would also be:

Code:

if (1 == 1)
{
}

So to specify: Since my UID is the number 1 and the admin_uids variable is set as 1, I can see the message "You are logged in as an administrator.". Which I do..

Now what the problem is, if I try to add more then just the UID of 1 in the settings['admin_uids'], such as adding a , will make it think:

Code:

if (1 == 1, 2)
{
}

And obviously my ID isn't 1, 2.. What I CANNOT do (since this is a plugin that will be used by anybody) is add the ID's seperatly within the file. settings['admin_uids'] must call the variable that is stored in the ACP. I've tried using explode(), implode(), array(), but nothing seems to work right..

$mybb->user['uid']
$mybb->settings['admin_uids']

Those are the only 2 variables that I need to call that relates to the ID.

If there is anybody out there that can possibly help me, PLEASH DO! I already know that I've probably confused you, so if you have any questions please ask!

I feel that this is more of a tutorial then a help thread.. please don't see it as a tutorial (unless this actually helped you).
kv
Code:

//convert the comma separated string into an array
$uidarray=explode(',' $mybb->settings['admin_uids']);

//check if uid is in the array
if ( in_array($mybb->user['uid'],  $uidarray) )
{
}

rvec
rofl, next time just ask 'I have 2 variables and one must contain multiple numbers($var1), the other just one($var2). How can I see if the one number($var2) is mentioned in the variable with multiple numbers($var1)?' Razz

You can also use an array in the config instead of the explode, or you could use strpos() if you dont's want to use arrays.
Horizon
@kv

Thanks for helping me with that, it works perfectly ^^. This'll help with some other things.. PHP rules ^^

$rvec

Yea, I guess I should've used less words to get the point across xD. And I'm gonna go learn that strpos() to see what more I can use it for..

Thanks to the both of you ^^