FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

HL˛ engine & its future

tigroo
Hey peeps! Cool

My point of view on this game is: by playing HL˛ gamers can experiment a really good gameplay! Graphically it "kicks ass" and is still getting improvement (dynamic lightning, ...). By addition Havoc (physic engine) increases a lot the game immersion and realism (although in CSs where bodies are bouncing on everything on ground.... like tires, or just plastic cases... Crying or Very sad Maybe that some parameters were altered for this exciting mode?)

Do you know if some games will be based on HL˛ engine soon?

Bybye!
n0obie4life
Yeah.

DODS
tigroo
Yeah, sure Wink

Anything else ?..

(By the way I never played to DoD, so I don't know what it consists in ) Rolling Eyes
n0obie4life
Anything that modders and valve would like to come out with.
Thug
GoldenEye: Source !!! i bet yall remember Golden Eye on the N64? sum modders are makin this complete game again for HL2 engine!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

http://www.goldeneyesource.com/ <<<<<<<<<<<<< Very Happy
tigroo
Woh, this car's wheels have sharp edges Razz
Thug
tigroo wrote:
Woh, this car's wheels have sharp edges Razz

what the hell are u talkin about? Confused
tigroo
The white lines around the tires.
Dimaod
I am wait for Unreal3 Engine....
I read about it...
Its fully photorealistik....
Maybe in 3-5 years we will forgot about graphic in games Laughing
uNsaiN
A really good mod called Dystopia just came out for HL2.
http://dystopia-game.com/

"Dystopia places the player into tense combat situations in a high tech world spanned by computer networks. As either Punk Mercenaries or Corporate Security Forces the player will fight through the physical world to gain access, via jack-in terminals, to cyberspace."

After the second day the mod was released it had more users playing it than HL2: Deathmatch and less then half the servers. You can see how many players are playing it here:
http://steampowered.com/status/game_stats.html
m_furquan36
Indeed half lifes engine is the best by far, firstly because Havoc is a 3DS Max engine and is used by many hollywood productions and secondly, Havoc has custom parameters set for specific materials and masses to adapt to the nature of its environment. The coool bit will be if the engine starts adapting to its environment in probably half life 3, well, we will all have to wait and see!
uNsaiN
I heard Half Life 3 will use the Source Engine again. I hope they give it an overhaul or something.
Tepelstreeltje
tigroo wrote:

Uhhmmm, that's nothing to do with this topic man. That is his signature haha
Kelcey
[quote="Tepelstreeltje"][quote="tigroo"]The white lines around the tires.[/quote]

Uhhmmm, that's nothing to do with this topic man. That is his signature haha[/quote]

haha, exactly what I was thinking. I didn't know if that was it though, so I didn't say anything. haha, good comment though.
Thug
Kelcey wrote:
Tepelstreeltje wrote:
tigroo wrote:

haha, exactly what I was thinking. I didn't know if that was it though, so I didn't say anything. haha, good comment though.

Lol yea wtf hes talkin about my signature Confused LMAO anyway back ontopic.
HL 2 engine is great and i cant wait for the Golden Eye Source mod Cool
n0obie4life
uNsaiN wrote:
I heard Half Life 3 will use the Source Engine again. I hope they give it an overhaul or something.

Nono, it will use the super source engine and only valve has the graphic card. Using other graphic cards won't work on the game.
tigroo
Dimaod wrote:
I am wait for Unreal3 Engine....
I read about it...
Its fully photorealistik....
Maybe in 3-5 years we will forgot about graphic in games Laughing

"Good time's approaching, please wait..."
^^
tigroo
n0obie4life wrote:
uNsaiN wrote:

Nono, it will use the super source engine and only valve has the graphic card. Using other graphic cards won't work on the game.

Woh, they must have a lot of money to design their own material now !.. But will this increase the games release delay?...
tigroo
Thug wrote:
Kelcey wrote:
Tepelstreeltje wrote:
tigroo wrote:

Lol yea wtf hes talkin about my signature Confused LMAO anyway back ontopic.
HL 2 engine is great and i cant wait for the Golden Eye Source mod Cool

Yeah LOL, sorry, I just was arriving on this forum and did know notice that this picture was in your signature Razz I firstly thought it was an example of Golden Eye and its fabulous graphics Wink
bao
HL2 is old game.But its 3D effect is pretty!ha
n0obie4life
tigroo wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:
uNsaiN wrote:

Woh, they must have a lot of money to design their own material now !.. But will this increase the games release delay?...

Hmm, dunno. I was just joking.