FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How big is your music library?

milk
Post how many different songs you have, and what it mostly consists of.

I have 6908 files, and they're mostly rock, indie, and breakbeat.
sondosia
I have somewhere around 500 songs--not too many. It's mostly rock, pop, and soundtracks. There's also a fair amount of hip hop and Russian music (since I'm Russian). =)

I also have TONS of music by my high school marching band, since I used to be in it and really love it.
filesharing
few thousand songs are on my harddrive. And what I am very proud of - not a single techno-song in my collection Very Happy
JinTenshi
1883 english songs
419 techno trance dance etc songs
873 classical, new age, others songs
125 japanese songs
6 remixed songs ( OC Remix )
59 chinese songs

hmm, too lazy to total up. lol.
spinout
hehe our community library... has a wide selection of CD - rent for free and experience new music-genres... Even DVDs with music... Also education dvds -->> has your town that????

Our am I just blessed to live in Sweden?

My personal library is shrinking since I give my old LPs away to people how like vinyl - but I got my player !!!

And when all music is on myspace etc... well it was a long time since I was to the store...
Flarkis
1642 songs

A good majority of them are German songs Razz others consist of Finnish, French, and a few English bands. As you can see I'm more into European music. As for genres? I have metal, symphonic metal (ie, metal with cello and violin XD), rock, techno, electronic, one Folk band, a few gothic songs and some alternative stuff. Not really into the rap or hiphop scene. I have some classical pieces but not many.
Seiji
On my computer, I only have about 800-900 songs. Mostly Korean music because thats pretty much all I listen too. I don't add much to my collection either.
cheety
I have one thousand & thirty something in my iTunes. It's difficult to label them, there's a real mixture of different music! I actually can't think of one word to describe all of these artists:

A-Ha
Abba
Adele
Aerosmith
Akon
Alex Gaudino
Alicia Keys
The All American Rejects
All Saints
Alphabeat
Aly & AJ
Amy Winehouse
Aqua
Artists Stand Up To Cancer
The Automatic
Avenged Sevenfold
Avril Lavigne
Backseat Goodbye
Backstreet Boys
Baha Men
Basement Jaxx
Basshunter
Beatfreakz
Beyonce
Biffy Clyro
Black Eyed Peas
Black Kids
Blink 182
Bloc Party
Bob Sinclar
Boogie Pimps
Booty Luv
Brintey Spears
Bullet For My Valentine
Busted
Cage The Elephant
Cahill
Camp Rock
Cascada
Cassie
Celine Dion
Chamillionaire
Chris Brown
Christina Aguilera
Cinderella (Rodger & Hammersteins)
Coldplay
Corinne Bailey Rae
CSS
Cute Is What We Aim For
Dizzee Rascal
Dj Sammy
Dolly Parton
Duffy
Duran Duran
Elbow
Elliot Minor
Enrique Iglesias
Eric Prydz
Estelle
Evanescence
Fall Out Boy
The Feeling
Fergie
Flo Rida
Flobots
Fountains of Wayne
Fragma
Frankie Vallie
The Fratellis
The Fray
Freemasons
Gabriella Cilmi
Girls Aloud
Glasvegas
Gnarles Barkley
Go Audio
Good Charlotte
The Gorillas
The Gossip
Grease
Green Day
Gwen Stefani
Gym Class Heroes
Hadouken!
Hairspray
Hannah Montana
Hear'Say
High School Musical
Hilary Duff
The Hoosiers
Ida Maria
Iglu & Hartly
Irene Cara
Jackson Five
James Morrison
Jay Foreman
JoJo
Jonas Brothers
Jordin Sparks
Junior Senior
Justin Timberlake
Kaiser Chiefs
Kanye West
Kate Nash
Katy Perry
Keane
Kelis
Kelly Clarkson
Kelly Rowland
Kid Rock
The Killers
Kings of Leon
Klaxons
The Kooks
KT Tunstall
Kylie Minogue
Labouche
Leon Jackson
Leona Lewis
Les Miserables
Lily Allen
Lolly
Lostprophets
Madcon
Madison Avenue
Madonna
Mamma Mia
Mark Ronson
Maroon 5
Matt Willis
Mc Devvo
McFly
Metallica
MGMT
MIA
Michael Buble
Michael Jackson
The Mighty Boosh
Mika
Miley Cyrus
Mims
Mutya Buena
My Chemical Romance
Mystery Jets
N-Dubz
Natasha Bedingfield
Ne-Yo
Nelly
Nelly Furtado
Nickelback
Noah & The Whale
One Night Only
OneRepublic
The Ordinary Boys
Outkast
Panic At The Disco
Pendulum
The Pigeon Detectives
Pink
Plain White T's
Pussycat Dolls
Queen
Radiohead
The Rasmus
Razorlight
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Regina Spektor
The Rembrandts
Rihanna
Robbie Williams
Robyn
Royworld
Run DMC
S Club 7
Sam Beeton
Sam Sparro
Sara Bareilles
Scissor Sisters
Scooter
Scouting For Girls
The Script
Sean Kingston
September
Shakira
Snow Patrol
Spice Girls
Stiff Dylans
Sugababes
Sum 41
Sweeney Todd
Take That
Tatu
Tenacious D
The Ting Tings
U2
Ultrabeat
Utah Saints
Vampire Weekend
Vengaboys
The Verve
The View
Wasted Angels
Weezer
Will.I.Am
Witch Doctor
The Zutons

Any ideas as to what genre they all fall into? :P Green Day, Michael Buble & Regina Spektor probably have the most.
ddukki
I have about 5500 songs [~350 hours]. I never delete any of the songs that I have on my computer (or try not to anyway). Most of my library is 'Alternative Rock', but I do have a lot of 'Religious' and 'Hip-Hop & R&B' in there as well. About a quarter or so of my songs are Korean songs of the same genre + KPop.
Yantaal
It seems like such a shame these days that music has been so condensed, most people just downoad it straight to PC, there is no joy like playing a record or even a CD, its all just MP3 files.

i have like 100 or so CD's, ranging from Ska, to Punk, to Oi!, Rockabilly, Pshcyobilly, Reggae, Irish, Metal, Classic Rock and even Classical Music.

(when i say ska i mean proper old ska none of this real big fish generation shit)
Jaan
My library is about 12000 tracks contained in 130gb of space. I proud myself that I always go for quality over quantity in my rips. I use EAC/FLAC for most rips nowadays, and winamp converts it on the go for my ipod.
chi0
I think I have around 6000 songs. Most of it is Japanese rock and pop, though I do have quite a bit of American alternative music in there,
c'tair
About 1200 (6.8gb) for now. Most of it is some kind of metal, a bit of rock here and there, even a few techno songs. No rap or hiphop what so ever, anywhere. Thank God(s)! And it's still slowly growing when I discover a cool track, I download that album, then the whole discography and that usually sets me up for 1-3 months and I'm content.
mattyj
I have about 15000 or so songs in my collection

mostly Punk and Ska, but lots of other stuff...Rock, Metal, Country....

No Techno, Dance or Pop crap tho Very Happy
bernardnapoleon
I have roughtly 3000 song in my library.... they are beginning to start repetitive Sad
zyd666
about 5 GB 1000 MP3s
most of the music it Rock/metal a bit polish/russian
rockstar
Winamp tells me that there are 2747 files, which equates to 13 days 6 hours and 50 minutes. Thats 23 Gigabytes of music. Most played tracks are by Robben Ford, Dan Baird, Thunder, ACDC, Joe Bonamasser, ZZ Top, Johnny A and Webb Wilder

Mostly guitar based stuff; Rock, Blues, Jazz, Country, Metal, Folk etc. No hip hop, techno, (c)rap or any other type of childens music.
Arseniy
I didn't count all my music, but I have got nearly 20 cds with mp3 music (my hard disk is very small to hold all kinds of music that I listen to) - that's 14 gigabytes plus 2 gigabytes on my mobile phone plus 3 gigabytes on my hard - like favourites that I try to keep near - plus 1 gigabyte on mp3 flash player. That's 20 gbytes of music Smile
I know one guy, who has 60gb ipod classic and it's almost all filled with music files. That's wondering me...
yunting
1500+.
mostly classical, operas, chorus, avant garde jazz, musicals and country oldies
nfneon
Well because I have my music on so many different DVDs and discs and original CDs I actualy lost count.

I know I have 52 albums rock and metal music only.
amperx
1672 worth of mp3, not that many, but its composed of singles and a few albums, mostly rock,world music, alternative
Nutteloos
My current library is approaching 23GB, with another 6GB archived on an external HD. About 7000 tracks in total. Listening to everything non-stop would take me 24 days.

Rolling Eyes

Sometimes I amaze myself.
raine dragon
spinout wrote:
hehe our community library... has a wide selection of CD - rent for free and experience new music-genres... Even DVDs with music... Also education dvds -->> has your town that????

Our am I just blessed to live in Sweden?

My personal library is shrinking since I give my old LPs away to people how like vinyl - but I got my player !!!

And when all music is on myspace etc... well it was a long time since I was to the store...

Most libraries I've visited here in the U.S. have the same. ^_^ The library in Burlington, Vermont, USA has tons and tons of DVDs. It's great, since I'm a student I'm not particularly wealthy so I can't really afford to go out and buy movies or go to see them in the theater very often.
snowboardalliance
I'm at around 2200 songs now which is taking up 10GB.
froginabox
I work at a radio station.... so I have a lot of music.

At the moment, 23,290 songs that take up 106.54 GB. But there's probably about 1GB of duplicates that I haven't gotten around to deleting yet (ie bad quality rips that were re-done, etc).
Insanity
I only have 12 GB or so of music, but I only listen to a select few of them...
froginabox
I almost exclusively listen to the "Party Shuffle" mode... but it takes me 4 or 5 months to listen to my entire library! I do eventually listen to everything though.
joostvane
About 20 gigabytes I geuss. Some I listened 1000 times, and some not even 1 time. I should stop looping through 100 songs, and go discover a bit more in my library. :p
discoogle
3.000 mp3 files
around 80 artist
and 300 album
Nutteloos
joostvane wrote:
About 20 gigabytes I geuss. Some I listened 1000 times, and some not even 1 time. I should stop looping through 100 songs, and go discover a bit more in my library. :p

I feel for you. It's just so hard to let go off the favorites. Smile
smspno
Well, something about five thousand songs, i guess... mostly pop, rock, blues, metal, heavy metal, soundtracks, jazz and smooth jazz
legion
I think about 6 -7 mp3 DVDs and 50-60 audio cds. I've switched to internet radio for some time now. Especially ambient ones.
Afaceinthematrix
I don't have that many songs in my library. I have:

- All of Eminem's albums except the ones after Encore (which extremely sucked compared to Infinite - his best album lyrically - and the Marshall Mathers LP - his best overall album)
- A couple of Metallica albums (Metallica is my all time favorite band - hence my avatar)
- A Linkin Park album (I went through a Linkin Park faze many years ago)
- An Evanescene album (I love Amy Lee's voice)
- Get Rich or Die Tryin' (the only good 50 Cent album - I'm not a huge fan of rap but this was a good album)
- A jazz album that I bought a few years ago when I was in New Orleans (I was there before Katrina - that city is amazing)
- I have a friend who's a really good underground rapper and he's given me all of his music, which is many songs... all of them are very good

I mostly like Metal and hardcore, but I do listen to a wide variety of music.
lpgotti
I've got around 10k+ songs on my HD now, that is after I reformatted and lost a good majority of my collection.
muffinman187
i have bout 4 thousand songs from all genre from around the world.
Arthur3009
it's big, i have since rolling stones to britney spears, but i love britney, lvoe, love, britey, and i love pop music, but let me see, i have almost 4 thousand of music files. and in videos of britney i have 8 GB, in awrds show, and video clips, official and not offical msuci videos, oh i love music *-*
djcaution
Dunno how many music files I have. I do know I have over 1200 records that I've payed no less than $12 a pop for..
Prasad007
About 19 GB at this time - a decent mix of almost everything. Smile
Nutteloos
djcaution wrote:
Dunno how many music files I have. I do know I have over 1200 records that I've payed no less than $12 a pop for..

Yeah, once a pop you can't stop, eh?

But seriously, buying CD's is addicting. I can't stop it! Smile
Cove
I've got 1917 songs on my computer right now. I LOVE getting new music though, so I'm hoping to expand once I figure out how to manage getting another job. Most of what I've got is rock, but I have a bunch of piano and instrumental stuff in there too.
ParsaAkbari
My music library is about 200 songs lol!
Jaan
bout 15000 tracks fit into 130gb... 2000 are good for DJing, the rest is listening only.
daefommicc
a lost track... i got an external harddisk to get my media files in (mostly metal songs n videos)... enwez collectiuon size does not matter. how much u listen does.
shybovycha
After I have lost all my music, I've collected a new playlist Cool Right now it's only 13.44 GB, 2381 file. Mostly - Metal, Rock, some Punk-Rock.

Most listened:

Ensiferum
Suidakra
Finntroll
Equilibrium
Eluveitie
Rammstein
Metallica
Dimmu Borgir
War Of Ages
Venom
Nightwish
Children Of Bodom
Evanescense
Within Temptation
Die Apokalyptischen Reiter
In Flames
Beatallica
Iron Maiden
Rhapsody
The Offspring
NoFX
Die Artze
tony
this is a good topic! I wonder why no one has posted it before...

I have 11.3GB music ; 1963 files including 5 playlists Razz
Radar
6.88 gig of music, 1401 songs - and I've no idea what it mostly consists of. Sometimes it seems like it mostly consists of songs that I don't listen to, which is odd.

Anything I find is in there really. Some rock, some soundtracks, some podcasts, some audio clips, some music that I have because other people played it and I thought it sounded good, and some music just because it was free.
heartnet
I have 100GB lossless music Smile)
and no other lossy music Very Happy
mtorregiani
I have about 10 GB of music... and I don't listen most of it...
Insanity
I don't own a lot of those hard drive heavy FLAC files... all I have are basically MP3s, roughly 20GB or so. I should really get around to listening to some of them too, I just have them but I don't really listen to them since I get them in albums at a time and I don't have enough time to go through it all.