FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Crash

kdupes
I rented the movie Crash over the weekend, and it was not quite what I expected. It was better than I thought it would be! It brings up a lot of issues about racism and prejudice. I think everyone should see this movie. Two thumbs up!
linangan
Crash is a great film; Shawshank great. Crash is about racism, pure and simple. Just about every single scene is either an example of it or has characters talking about it or both. It has a dozen main characters and many more supporting ones, covering seven main storylines which all interconnect in a 24 hour period. In spite of all these characters it's not hard to follow and yet it's also not predictible. The script is very tight, not a scene or a word is extraneous. This is melodrama, but in a good sense of the word, this film delivers stunning emotional wallops. Genuine suspence, disgust, surprise, relief, anguish, humor, and other emotions will come over you while watching Crash. You will walk out, overwhelmed and dying to discuss it with someone or everyone.

There was too much coincidence, too much structure in the story or that the characters weren't three dimensional. While the character situations are a bit contrived, they are composites and every viewer should be able to relate to at least one conversation or stereotype in this film, if not many more.
gh0stface
It was a good movie, but also highly over rated as well. It sure as heck did not deserve to win the three oscar awards. This was a movie that over simplifies a complicated issue and tries to enforce that everyone, deep down, is a racist.