FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Official Release of Firefox 3.1 Beta 1

ganesh
The word is out:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20081014-first-look-firefox-3-1-beta-1-officially-released.html

Firefox 3.1 Beta 1 has been released officially!

It includes a new fast JavaScript engine which utilizes TraceMonkey (and is reportedly faster than the one used in Google Chrome!)

There is also geo-location built in, which makes the Geode Firefox extension redundant!

Fellow Frihosters who are trying out this new browser, share your experiences here!
crdowner
I have heard very little about this beta release. I have found information online - while searching. As I understand it, most of the features going into 3.1 were intended for 3.0 but did not make it in. I think I'll wait for the next beta. One version of Firefox caused my computer to run very SLOW until I uninstalled it. I usually install the newest version - even betas but I have been burned by a few in the last year or two.
cyberbuddy
the new release is good and yes it required as latest innovation is been updated in java script and all client side plug ins and hence i say Mozilla has done the right thing by releasing such an update . there is problem with the updates
dude_xyx
I guess i would wait for the next stable update too. But I'm glad that they released a update this fast.