FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is Windows 7?

devaco
After windows vista ,come windows 7 right , what is windows 7?
Thanks
Diablosblizz
Google is your friend. It's the next version of Windows, codenamed Vienna. Find more information here.
mehulved
devaco wrote:
After windows vista ,come windows 7 right , what is windows 7?
Thanks

It is the upcoming version of Windows, with supposedly more and better features(don't we hear this all the time from all the OS's?) You will find some more info on wikipedia too. Check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7 . The references and external links at the bottom will lead you to more info.
Chris65536
Sweeping Vista under the rug, methinks?

I like the look of the 15-second start time, although Microsoft have apparently had a glitchy version of the fast boot thing since XP (it's just disabled by default, as it will speed up boots on some PCs, and slow it down on others Rolling Eyes )
internetjobs
what about you thoughts on this... will it be good one?.. or it will be like vista?
Diablosblizz
There is nothing wrong with Vista, yet there is something wrong with user's computers. Not sure why Microsoft is making Windows 7, already. I haven't even tried Vista.
b4r4t
Well ... Windows 7 will be only the evollution from Vista - more lightweight, less resource eater ... just Vista after lifting.
By the way ... if You have "middle" PC, then Vista with SP1 is OOK for You. Company of Heroes in DX10 looks realy nice, next thing is 64bit -> You can use 4GB Ram and more ...
I'm planning to switch to Vista soon, because I;ll get one free from MSDN AA because my university is in this program Smile
shkhanal
I heard that windows vista 2008 is coming again.

How fast they are releasing new version of operating systems.
b4r4t
shkhanal wrote:

Well ... there is no such thing like Vista 2008 ...

It's WIndows Vista nad Windows Server 2008.

And that thing which You heard is ... that there will be BETA tests for Service Pack 2 to both of those Smile
devaco
Thank you guys....
mehulved
shkhanal wrote:

No, it's just Windows Longhorn server, which has similar codebase as Vista but is significantly different, starting from the fact that it's a server OS compared to Vista, which is a desktop OS.
Next version of Windows for the Desktop should be coming out in 2009-10 code named as Windows 7. That's a reasonable amount of time between releases.
shkhanal
Thank everybody for clarifying my confusion.
swizzy
the only thing that caught my attention on windows 7 development news, is that it was going to be a modular OS system. I seriously felt the need for a even more polished OS than the polished Vista. I get a feeling that 7 could be just a huge service pack, with certain parts re-written so that it appeals/performs and stabilizes better...

by the way, after looking at the screenshots, i pretty much like the ribbon interface in the usual windows applications...
balend
Windows 7 is the name of the operating system Microsoft is creating that will follow Windows Vista. There has been a lot of news about it lately and also some decent screenshots. The new features included have been really well implemented and what was shown off was only a small feature set out of the beta version.
joomla
I got Windows 7 installed on a virtual pc (within Vista) and it looks and feels a lot like Vista.
Vista is A-OK now and I don't know why people keep whining about it. It was just released too soon.
In my opinion that is all that was wrong with it. Have you seen the site about windows mojave?
Windows Mojave doesn't exist but a research company showed people a version of Vista and told them it was Windows Mojave, the latest OS. They where all very happy until the point that they where told it was actually Vista they where using.

All bad marketing that ****** it up.

Windows 7 is what Vista should have been in the first place.
rvec
-close-
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-88177.html