FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DirectAdmin & Squirrelmail Problems?

jylan
Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with Squirrelmail and DirectAdmin? When I try to go to either of those two services, all I get is a blank page, no error display at all. So am I alone or are other people experiencing this?
silverdown
I don't know if the problem has cleared or not, however I get the page loading just fine for me. It is also the problem has cleared since you posted.
jylan
Squirrelmail is working now, but something really strange is going on with DirectAdmin. When I try to access it normally though my web browser, it just loads a blank page. However when I load it through a proxy it works and I can do everything I need with it. However this is really quite annoying.

Could one of the mods please shed some light on this?
jylan
Sorry for the bump, but I still can't access DirectAdmin properly. Whenever I try to visit it directly it just has a blank page, nothing else. The only way I can get to it is through proxy. Could somone please have a look at this problem? Thanks.
mOrpheuS
http://cp.frih.net

Does that URL work for you ?
jylan
Hey m0rpheuS, thanks so much, yes that url does work for me. Do you have any idea why that would work and my sites :2222 url doesn't?
mOrpheuS
jylan wrote:
why that would work and my sites :2222 url doesn't?

The only reason I can think of is that there's something along the way on your internet connection (a firewall, perhaps) which prohibits http over non-standard ports (such as over port 2222, as required by the regular DirectAdmin URL).

Be advised that although the cp.frih.net URL works fine in most cases, there are certain links in DirectAdmin that won't work when accessed using this URL (phpmyadmin being one of them).
Diablosblizz
Quote:
Be advised that although the cp.frih.net URL works fine in most cases, there are certain links in DirectAdmin that won't work when accessed using this URL (phpmyadmin being one of them).

phpMyAdmin can be accessed though domain.com/phpmyadmin easily, so you don't need DirectAdmin for that.
jylan
m0rpeuS, I was about to say that the :2222 port has nothing to do with the problem, but then I realised that it might be because I upgraded to satellite broadband over dialup, and also upgraded my mac os x to leopard, so a lot of variables have changed.

The link worked fine before all that changed on my computer, so I'll have to see if the problem is on my end.

Yes I realised that I couldn't access phpmyadmin from the cp.frih.net url, so thanks Diablosblizz for your help.
Diablosblizz
Smile Your welcome. Ports can be blocked by internet service provides (ISP's) for security reasons. So, your satellite internet provider could have blocked port 2222 for security reasons.

I wouldn't think Mac would cause anything to this problem, but I'm not Mac expert.