FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My personal website!

anhstar
Thanks to Frihost, I now have a website up. Link is:
http://anhstar.frihost.net

I'm using Xoops to easely manage my website and all. The site is still new, but its a start.
Jack_Hammer
It's a nice looking website, though a bit bland and the favicon.ico should be 16x16 for optimum impresion, as it was the first thing I was whilst your page was loading it drew my eye and it gave a bad impresion, if you use a good icon editor (or even use a png, jif, or gif image rather than an icon) you can use XP style with semi transparent areas, but your website looks good very professional.
Jack_Hammer
N.B, Although another thing the banner at the top even with my screen resolution being the average 1024x712 it took up two thirds of the screen and you have to think, lots of users will be using MS I.E and may have one or multiple toolbars which also take up screen space and all they may see is your banners, and there are also a big majoraty out there with 800x600 screen resolution and when there page loads the first thing they see will also be your banners and this will put users off, and also there are users with 800x600 screen resolution and with I.E with extra toolbars taking up space, all in all try and limit the size of your banner and make the main text should be central to the page attracting the eye.
budazz
you have a nice site....what cms did you use?... Very Happy nice color combi Laughing
anhstar
Hm! Which icone are you talking about Jack?

And ya, my resolution is 1024x721 too and I din't think about the people that still use 800. I'll try to make the banner smaller. Thanks for the advice.

But still, I don't know what icone are you talking about.
anhstar
budazz wrote:
you have a nice site....what cms did you use?... Very Happy nice color combi Laughing

And Im using Xoops.
anhstar
Ok! I modified my page a little and with Jack's precious advice, here's what I came up.

Thanks!

http://anhstar.frihost.net
Jack_Hammer
The banner looks good now, and the icon that I was talking about is part of Xoops so ignore what I said about it, but with the banner shortened the text is right infront of the user and it was very direct, it's good I like it. Glad I could help
Wink
Alacarde
Very nice site, I like it. It actually does look really really professional. Um, this may be a dumb question, but what is Xoops? Is it an Editor, like Dreamweaver or GoLive? I personally like the best HTML editor out their, Notepad!
Summer
Wow , now only I realize there are so many type of CMS . But which one is better ?
anhstar
Xoops is a yet, another CMS and a very good one. After testing many CMS for my company some months ago, me and my collegues have decided that Xoops was the one that suits us the most.

Its simple enouf for someone that doesn't have any preview experience with CMS, and on the other hand good enouf for a big project. Also, the community is active and you can quickly have an answer for your question. Alot of addons, theme, and very customisable.

Have a look at : http://www.xoops.org
Alacarde
When you sign the guestbook, it has two main menu's. Sorry I didn't mention that last time I posted, I just signed the guest book today. Smile
nugae
I see You use xoops
but skin is nice Smile
smart19
i like your banner!
the site is beautiful
SBrian
Your site is beautiful. It give me a lot of ideas Very HappyVery Happy
budazz
nugae wrote:
I see You use xoops
but skin is nice Smile